Cubs 26%  26%  [ 11 ]
Sox 26%  26%  [ 11 ]
Bears 31%  31%  [ 13 ]
Bulls 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 42
 Post subject: Favorite Pro Team
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Here's a poll I haven't seen on this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:09 am 

Chicago Sky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Sorry, It didn't put the "Other" option after Bulls. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Da Boo. White Sox are a close second.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Neck-and-neck between the Bears and Cubs, but after last year's run to the Super Bowl, I'd have to go with the Bears. I get more excited over football season than baseball season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:24 pm 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
I had to lean just to the side of the Cubs over the Bears. I love football and could actually play that sport abit. However, nothing would make my sports world akin to Nirvana than have the Cubs win the World Series. I've seen the Bears win the Superbowl; I know what that feels like. The Cubs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:16 pm 

There is only one team on that list that has recently had the fire and the passion....enough said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Uga4Prez wrote:
Sorry, It didn't put the "Other" option after Bulls. :?

I thought that not including the Blackhawks was a slam, but ^^^^^ is even harsher!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Not too many basketball fans here huh?

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Kid Cairo wrote:

I picked Bulls

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:37 pm 

i can't vote in this section. while i love the cubs, they're not my *favorite* pro team, they're my second favorite. and my first favorite isn't listed.

Quote:

I heart basketball. Too bad my team (Sixers) is shit. I like watching the Bulls, and the Suns, to compensate. But it ain't the same...
:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Kid Cairo wrote:

Booose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizzano's
I find it interesting that everyone says this is a football town yet when I have posed this question myself I hear Cubs or Sox more than Bears as an answer. In this poll we have twice as many votes for baseball teams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:41 pm 

Mr. Woodcock wrote:
I find it interesting that everyone says this is a football town yet when I have posed this question myself I hear Cubs or Sox more than Bears as an answer. In this poll we have twice as many votes for baseball teams.

Take this poll in January and you have different results. You should know that Mr. Woodcock. That was a loser statement.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
I spend much more time following football, play FFL, used to be a season ticket holder. But I like the Sox and the Bulls much more than the Bears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:52 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Take this poll in January and you have different results. You should know that Mr. Woodcock. That was a loser statement.

Is January the only month of the year? Now, normally October through December this city is gripped with Bears 'fever', but the rest of the year inasmuch as I wish it weren't so, this is a recent winners' city or a Cubs city.

Sox won, Bears off of the front sports pages until November, and back off when pitchers and catchers reported. Bulls won, Bears didn't matter. Cubs win, or at least back into the playoffs, other than to crap on Rex, who(generally) gives a crap.

Now if the Bears routinely won, that would be a different story. The simple fact is that in the last 50 years there have been two Bear winning periods, 84-89 (little satisfaction) and 05-Present(illusory at best). The Bears once were the favored franchise, but that their sustained ineptitude isn't pretty, lovable, and leads to Sid Luckman's name getting tossed around as much as it does, 60 yrs. after he retired, is embarrasing.

Their glory years are pre-television. The faintest sniff of new sustainable glory and this would unquestionably be a Bears town, but that ain't happening while this franchise remains a cash cow for a family full of football 'bluebloods'. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:59 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Is January the only month of the year? Now, normally October through December this city is gripped with Bears 'fever', but the rest of the year inasmuch as I wish it weren't so, this is a recent winners' city or a Cubs city.

Sox won, Bears off of the front sports pages until November, and back off when pitchers and catchers reported. Bulls won, Bears didn't matter. Cubs win, or at least back into the playoffs, other than to crap on Rex, who(generally) gives a crap.

Now if the Bears routinely won, that would be a different story. The simple fact is that in the last 50 years there have been two Bear winning periods, 84-89 (little satisfaction) and 05-Present(illusory at best). The Bears once were the favored franchise, but that their sustained ineptitude isn't pretty, lovable, and leads to Sid Luckman's name getting tossed around as much as it does, 60 yrs. after he retired, is embarrasing.

Their glory years are pre-television. The faintest sniff of new sustainable glory and this would unquestionably be a Bears town, but that ain't happening while this franchise remains a cash cow for a family full of football 'bluebloods'. :?

I disagree. Obviously we agree that the "hottest" team will always top these popularity polls, the Bears always seem like the main favorite franchise of the city over all the years.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:04 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I disagree. Obviously we agree that the "hottest" team will always top these popularity polls, the Bears always seem like the main favorite franchise of the city over all the years.

Consider this: if the Cubs won, how long would the party and subsequent hangover be? I would hazard a guess that if that happened, the Chicago River would be dyed Cubbie blue, the Art Institute lions would be replaced with statues of (St.)Louis of Pinella and even Daley would take seats behind the Cubbie dugout---and the party would never end :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:13 am 

The point being that a: the Bears have won once in 43 yrs., but still won, and that the plurality of Chicago (i.e. Cub) fans need even less than a faint sniff of victory, but just a 'chance' and they will knock every other team in this city off the map, including the Bears. Hell, they seemingly coined the phrase 'lovable losers' for the Cubs.

The Bears are likely the solid no. 2 in this city. Being the less 'lovable losers' that they are....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:20 am 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Consider this: if the Cubs won, how long would the party and subsequent hangover be? I would hazard a guess that if that happened, the Chicago River would be dyed Cubbie blue, the Art Institute lions would be replaced with statues of (St.)Louis of Pinella and even Daley would take seats behind the Cubbie dugout---and the party would never end :x

From your lips to His ears! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:51 am 

I think it's a loser move to call out a Packer fan, but the exception to the rule here is when you call me a loser because of a statement that definitely has some validity. It's been long whispered by sports talk hosts that this is a baseball city, but a Bears town. It's really not a hard concept to understand. We support two baseball franchises here and we do it well. Since for the most part there is a hatred between the two groups of fans there won't be or shouldn't be a baseball team ever winning a poll like this. The whole city can agree on the Bears for the most part. FavreFan, you are a loser for dismissing this statement. It's not an off the wall idea that this is a baseball town at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:05 am 

Chicago Bears, with the Bulls coming in a distant second and the White Sox recently making up a lot of ground.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:34 am 

Rick, I here you and I are one in the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:49 am 

Mr. Woodcock wrote:

We certainly seem to be similar. The evidence is mounting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:29 pm 

Mr. Woodcock wrote:

Not to correct an excellent individual but I think you HEAR him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:30 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Mr. Woodcock wrote:

Not to correct but I think you actually REED him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:06 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Mr. Woodcock wrote:

Not to correct but I think you actually REED him.

Another Purdue education wasted on youth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:35 pm 

Hawkeye Vince,
I'm aware you corrected a winner. That is most impressive. I'm going to be running 27 laps around the school building today for my failure. Afterwards, I will beat the shit out of mental midgets with red dodgeballs. In the meantime, I give you the whistle. Prove the Hawkeyes can carry the load.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:34 pm 

Mr. Woodcock wrote:
Hawkeye Vince,
I'm aware you corrected a winner. That is most impressive. I'm going to be running 27 laps around the school building today for my failure. Afterwards, I will beat the shit out of mental midgets with red dodgeballs. In the meantime, I give you the whistle. Prove the Hawkeyes can carry the load.

Finish those laps Woodcock. We need inspiration.