It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:34 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
T-Bone wrote:
Episode finally reveals the Dark side warrior. The rest of the episode didn't really provide us with a whole lot else. Whoever this new character is it seemed they had quite a bit of power based on that last scene. Disappointed that they killed off what I thought would be a pretty important character in the remaining episodes.

It was another decent episode mostly due to, as you say, the interesting tidbits of information provided in the closing scene. I like how the "master" floated into the background almost like a ghost. It was a nice use of visuals to suggest the validity of the witches' alternative cosmology that was presented in the prior episode.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Found episode 5 to be the best of the bunch thus far with numerous well done fight scenes and good dialogue. We learn much more about the main foe of the Jedi but still not really sure who is pulling the strings here. The other twist seems to be a bit contrived but should pay off for some a couple more episodes. Surprised at how high the body count is thus far.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:26 pm 

Red Letter Media's re:View of the 1st 4 episodes

I haven't watched it nor do I have any interest in culture war Star Wars (or Star Trek) but I like their perspective...but I mainly shared this because from about 50-52 minutes, there is a perfect mashup of the Two Minutes Hate that social media thrives on. So if you don't want to watch the hour-plus video, I'm giving you the timestamp.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:21 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Found episode 5 to be the best of the bunch thus far with numerous well done fight scenes and good dialogue. We learn much more about the main foe of the Jedi but still not really sure who is pulling the strings here. The other twist seems to be a bit contrived but should pay off for some a couple more episodes. Surprised at how high the body count is thus far.

***SPOILER ALERT***

I'm enjoying this series but how does the master Jedi not know that is Mae and not Verosha he is taking back to his ship? Thought he could read minds. Mae and Verosha's life force should be completely opposite.

The writing and plot has been sloppy, but still better then Ashoka and the flying whales. Not as bad as the critics are making it out to be. Still pissed they killed Trinity in the first 15 minutes :x

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:21 am 

I don’t think the series has been written particularly well and I agree with Sol being able to sense something is off. Speaking of his character, I’ve been really underwhelmed with his acting and honestly have a hard time understanding what he’s saying at times. The fight scenes this past episode were very well done so it pulled me back in after a slow and uneven start. Also, doesn’t Mae have that mark on her forehead? That should be a dead giveaway. Maybe she found some makeup in the jungle.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:08 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I don’t think the series has been written particularly well and I agree with Sol being able to sense something is off. Speaking of his character, I’ve been really underwhelmed with his acting and honestly have a hard time understanding what he’s saying at times. The fight scenes this past episode were very well done so it pulled me back in after a slow and uneven start. Also, doesn’t Mae have that mark on her forehead? That should be a dead giveaway. Maybe she found some makeup in the jungle.

He's doesn't have a wide variety of facial expressions as an actor. Same confused and shocked looked in all his scenes.

Mae does have a mark on her forehead and Verosha showed Sol a tatoo she received while traveling in space as a mechanic.
Even without the mind reading, Sol should be able to tell it is not Verosha. The sith lord knew just by looking at Verosha it was not Mae back in the shop in episode 2.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:28 am 

Another blah episode and what do you know, it is the season finale next. I am not sure they have anything left to make this interesting enough for another season. Overall, other than a couple of decent fight scenes this has been a lot of fluff that has gone nowhere.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:03 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
T-Bone wrote:
Another blah episode and what do you know, it is the season finale next. I am not sure they have anything left to make this interesting enough for another season. Overall, other than a couple of decent fight scenes this has been a lot of fluff that has gone nowhere.

I agree with your take, T-Bone. The show has presented some interesting characters and situations, but it just hasn't developed them at all. There's no there, there. I'm legitimately shocked that next week's episode is the season finale. The show seems like it's just getting started.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:17 am 

T-Bone wrote:

I still want to know how a fire spread throughout the entire STONE mining base! They showed two different episodes of the base burning down and it still makes no sense.

Why were the Jedi using mechanical tools to locate the source of the force on the planet? They are Jedi that are suppose to be able to sense the force. The wookie Jedi was scanning the ground using a metal detector!

Why did the scanner from the Jedi spaceship not pick up a HUGE abandoned (on top of a mountain) mining base using a gigantic power generator?

If the witch was going to give the kids to the Jedi, then why did she turn herself into a demon black mist (LOST black smoke style) and try and vaporize Mae?

What happened to the power of MANY that Trinity could kill them ALL mentally using the force?

Trinity has no back bone and has to be the most gullible character in franchise history.

First she lets Sol talk her into letting all of them enter the witch base when she clearly thinks it's a bad idea.
Then she does nothing when Sol wonders away from the camp and "just happens" to find the only two kids on the entire planet in the woods.
Lets Sol trick her into testing the kids and then actually taking them back to the Jedi for training when she says the council said NO.
Tells Sol to lie about what happened because she knows she fucked up.
Then gets killed 16 years later because she can't avoid a dagger in the heart while holding the first dagger at the bar tender alien. She is not smart enough to just deflect the dagger at the bar tender alien and not just hold it in front of his face like an idiot. Why the bartender didn't move slightly to the left or right and just stayed starring at the dagger; I'll never know.

Horrible writing mixed with some interesting characters that could have been great story plots if the writer wasn't more concerned about political statements then quality story writing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:57 am 

It seems like the podcast world is angry about this show and the entertainers are angry at the podcast world for being angry. Meanwhile, I don't know why I know about this seeing that I haven't watched an episode of the actual material.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:51 am 

Finale ended up being one of the better episodes of the series but I honestly am not sure it left enough to make me care about a season 2. They really seemed to take a step forward in this series with light saber battles and some of the other action sequences. We did get a peek at what was presumably Darth Plagueis peeking out from the cave which would bring in some possible interesting story lines, but this series never really figured out what it wanted to be in my mind. This last episode brought in some political overtones which were kind of interesting but a bit too late in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2024 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I skipped this because the early reviews were shit. Is this worth watching? Looking for a non fanboy POV.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:34 pm 

i can recommend two things to watch with regard to this:

The RLM Treatment:
https://youtu.be/YieefGRusWQ?si=smPLgY4LU8NLWK-z

The Due Dissidence Treatment:
https://youtu.be/vL06r4lZH50?si=IT_89EEtYbWrubp5

The latter is much shorter, and much more centered on the blame game (spoiler: he doesn't blame Disney) and historic journey of Star Wars fandom. Red Letter Media is a lot more meandering but still entertaining. Probably a lot more entertaining than the actual show.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2024 8:17 am 

shakes wrote:
I skipped this because the early reviews were shit. Is this worth watching? Looking for a non fanboy POV.

Yes, if you go in thinking of it as a low level B film/ WB Tv series.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:03 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
shakes wrote:

If you're a fan of inept film making you might be entertained. The 18% score on RT is too high if scored on the writing, directing, acting, music, and editing but it is entertaining for the wrong reasons so that pushes it up some. 200 million dollars and they test their "final" cut and they were shocked to see their big lesbian witch interpretive dance number isn't going over at all. They realize they can't have this in first episode because it will kill their opening week number so they have to move it to episode 3 and Frankenstein everything back together. That's why there are big reveals that aren't because it was revealed in previous episodes and dialogue that doesn't line up like Gimp master telling Jesus twin she can't use a weapon or the Jedi will kick her ass AFTER she already killed the toughest Jedi with a weapon. There are 3 flashback episodes because they had to re-arrange everything after moving the dance number they should of just cut it out but to them it was probably the most important thing that happens in the show. Its similar to Rings of Power where every scene has at least one thing wrong with it which makes me wonder if its harder to make something good or something this terrible.

The interviews have been pretty hilarious...Matrix lady was asked how she liked working on it and she said she always wanted to work with Tony Gilroy...she thought she was getting Andor. :lol:

This show was so strange...the main guy can't speak English so he's doing his lines phonetically. There is something called a vergence (no idea what it was) but they're looking for it and he also has a strange obsession with these 8 year old twin girls who they are also looking for and he keeps saying "we must find the vergence!" but I have no idea what that word is so it sounds like he's saying he needs to find the virgins so I was really confused with where this character was going but after final episode he might have been saying virgins all along. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:24 am 

Season two cancelled. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
T-Bone wrote:
Season two cancelled. :lol:

There is so much stuff out now. Is this cancelled one where we get to learn of Sidious' master or is this the woke one?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
MongoMuller wrote:
shakes wrote:

If you're a fan of inept film making you might be entertained. The 18% score on RT is too high if scored on the writing, directing, acting, music, and editing but it is entertaining for the wrong reasons so that pushes it up some. 200 million dollars and they test their "final" cut and they were shocked to see their big lesbian witch interpretive dance number isn't going over at all. They realize they can't have this in first episode because it will kill their opening week number so they have to move it to episode 3 and Frankenstein everything back together. That's why there are big reveals that aren't because it was revealed in previous episodes and dialogue that doesn't line up like Gimp master telling Jesus twin she can't use a weapon or the Jedi will kick her ass AFTER she already killed the toughest Jedi with a weapon. There are 3 flashback episodes because they had to re-arrange everything after moving the dance number they should of just cut it out but to them it was probably the most important thing that happens in the show. Its similar to Rings of Power where every scene has at least one thing wrong with it which makes me wonder if its harder to make something good or something this terrible.

The interviews have been pretty hilarious...Matrix lady was asked how she liked working on it and she said she always wanted to work with Tony Gilroy...she thought she was getting Andor. :lol:

This show was so strange...the main guy can't speak English so he's doing his lines phonetically. There is something called a vergence (no idea what it was) but they're looking for it and he also has a strange obsession with these 8 year old twin girls who they are also looking for and he keeps saying "we must find the vergence!" but I have no idea what that word is so it sounds like he's saying he needs to find the virgins so I was really confused with where this character was going but after final episode he might have been saying virgins all along. :lol:

glad I skipped this one, thanks for the write up.