It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: House of the Dragon
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
SpiralStairs wrote:
Someone said this world seems smaller than the GOT world and I can’t say I disagree. In the first two eps of GOT you had at least a dozen main characters and settings introduced. Here there’s like three people and one or two locations.

It's intentional - this series is just about one family.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
veganfan21 wrote:
Dad joke - points deducted

:lol: I'm not actually sure the "Queen That Never Was" isn't based on Hillary. I guess we'll find out for sure if Corlys starts fucking his intern.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:49 am 

I'm pleasantly surprised by this. I thought when they announced "Jon Snow kills Bran" that they were worried this one didn't hit the mark and they were going back to the characters we all know.

The accents can be pretty bad but I assume that's because of centuries of inbreeding and it still seems to take about 8 episodes of a character until I know the actual name.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
The accents can be pretty bad…

Not believable as Westerosiagans?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Based on the previews for next week and my understanding of what I saw, it is possible that they do another time jump at least another year. Another small bit of info I found below which is not a surprise but sheds some light on the time jumping....

In the first two episodes of "House of the Dragon," we've met four of these child characters: Rhaenyra Targaryen, Alicent Hightower, and twins Laena and Laenor Velaryon. Around the halfway point of season one, the storyline will jump forward by 10 years and we'll see the same characters played by a whole new set of actors.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:01 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
I hope that's not the case. This show is moving too quickly as it is. We're 2 episodes in and I still don't know who these people are. There's king, daughter, evil uncle, hand, daughter friend and black dude with wet mop on his head.

There's a good show here but I fear they're going to screw it up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:04 am 

Until I saw the crabs, I thought they were saying Crap Feeder and I was not looking forward to the first scene with him in it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:19 am 
1000 CLUB

***Spoiler Alert***

When they were on the bridge and they showed the clouds beneath them and then something growling I thought it was the super dragon. The king was talking about it earlier so its going to show up at some point. The creator/writers like misdirection but I don't know if they were clever or lucky on this one...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

The writing is so bad. Every episode has some kind of clumsy misdirection that doesn't make sense. Crab guy might be most disappointing mini-boss ever.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:28 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
The writing is so bad. Every episode has some kind of clumsy misdirection that doesn't make sense. Crab guy might be most disappointing mini-boss ever.

Of all shows, how does GoT not feed that guy to crabs? Cutting him in half off screen was a disappointment.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah that whole scene had issues. They attempt a misdirection by not showing us their plan then they give it away by his constantly looking to the sky during his solo battle with hundreds of crab people. After he beats up messenger they show him get into boat and take off except that's not what happened. After he attacked the messenger they devised one of the most complex plans of all-time then he got in boat and took off...

The Rampage guy is in way over his head. Its too bad they give these projects to the most inept people they can find.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
And why did it take three years to come up with that plan? Seems they could have smoked the crab guys out of the caves, and then had the dragon torch them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:57 pm 

Heisenberg wrote:
And why did it take three years to come up with that plan? Seems they could have smoked the crab guys out of the caves, and then had the dragon torch them.

Yeah, the pacing sucks. They have a lot of ground to cover with the source material but they’re asking for a lot of grace from their viewers based on GoT’s success.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:58 pm 

To make the missed arrow scene as realistic as possible rumor has it the archers were all played by former Bears QBs.

By the way, all those arrows missing Daemon was the laziest thing I've seen on screen in a long time. That is until Ben Simmons shows up on screen at some point.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:56 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I cancelled HBO because this shit is terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Seems like Don't Bang the Princess would be rule #1 in the knight handbook. I was hoping he'd be caught and have his head removed but they found a convenient way around that... :lol:

This show is pretty terrible. This was worst episode so far

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:15 am 

Not really a fan of the latest episode. The showrunners don't know how to build suspense. Instead of being intrigued by the disturbance at the wedding I was just confused. I also hated how Alicent's choice of green was explained by dialogue. I'm not WZ, but I understand you never do that if you're a serious writer. You show, don't tell. Really pissed me off since it was so lazy.

They're not capturing the intrigue and clever dialogue that defined early GOT. Even the Knight's scenes with Alicent's seemed amateur. Slowly thinking of abandoning ship.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:48 am 
Site Admin

veganfan21 wrote:
Not really a fan of the latest episode. The showrunners don't know how to build suspense. Instead of being intrigued by the disturbance at the wedding I was just confused. I also hated how Alicent's choice of green was explained by dialogue. I'm not WZ, but I understand you never do that if you're a serious writer. You show, don't tell. Really pissed me off since it was so lazy.

They're not capturing the intrigue and clever dialogue that defined early GOT. Even the Knight's scenes with Alicent's seemed amateur. Slowly thinking of abandoning ship.

Yeah. They explained the green dress as if the audience were too dumb to pick it up from context. But in other situations there's too much ambiguity.

Did Daemon actually fuck the princess? I assume he did and then she banged the knight so she had cover if she was pregnant. But why not make that crystal clear? Did she drink the day after tea? I'm guessing no, but what's the reason for not letting the audience know for sure? Is she pregnant? Probably. Can she get away with having a baby that doesn't look the slightest bit black? I guess we'll see.

And what actually started the fight at the welcome dinner? Did the knight just go nuts on the gay lover after they talked? It didn't seem like that's what happened. It seemed like Daemon was involved in starting it. But I guess the end result is all that really mattered.

The thing that made GoT so special were the truly shocking surprises like Ned's beheading and the Red Wedding. With this show- at least so far- you know exactly what is going to happen before it does. Did anyone think Viserys would survive that episode?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Seemed clear that Viserys was not going to survive the episode, but in next week’s preview—in which the timeline is advanced 15 years—he’s still around. Puzzling.

I also don’t see how Cristen was allowed to just walk out of the hall after bashing the guy’s head in.

Last edited by Jaw Breaker on Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:09 am 

my wife watches this and LOTR. I don't pay attention and the two shows morph into each other.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:14 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
And what actually started the fight at the welcome dinner?

Probably because I've decided I don't really care, so only been half watching while also off/on my phone, I still don't know what started it....

With the crazy time jumps, the new female actors start next week.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:28 am 
Site Admin

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Seemed clear that Viserys was not going to survive the episode, but in next week’s preview—in which the timeline is advanced 15 years—he’s still around. Puzzling.

I also don’t see how Cristen was allowed to just walk out of the hall after bashing the guy’s head in.

I didn't watch the preview but it would be a surprise if he survives. Hey, maybe the leeches work!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:27 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
my wife watches this and LOTR. I don't pay attention and the two shows morph into each other.

These kinds of stories/shows bored the hell out of me when I first came across them in the seventies and seem laughably bad now. Between this crap, zombie and real housewives shows tv is truly a wasteland now.

And that isn't even considering all of the inane "reality" shows or garbage like a show about Legos?!? Wtf?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Wet Mop Jr. falls to the floor and shrieks like a woman over what is obviously his g_a_y lover and they don't cancel the wedding? Every episode the one thing this show has stressed is heirs=important.
You're probably not getting any heirs out of this guy even if Wet Mop Sr. says he'll grow out it...

They should just own the bad writing...Wet Mop Jr. is sobbing over his boyfriend and king looks over at Wet Mop Sr. mouthing "What the fuck???" then Wet Mop Sr. does the Michael Jordan shrug...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
casual fan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
And what actually started the fight at the welcome dinner?

Probably because I've decided I don't really care, so only been half watching while also off/on my phone, I still don't know what started it....

With the crazy time jumps, the new female actors start next week.

My guess is we will find out later how this whole thing started and why the dude literally got his face punched in. I am hoping in a way that these first 5 episodes were just a preview and backstory to the main show with all of the actors now aged and in place 10-15 years later.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:37 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
Wet Mop Jr. falls to the floor and shrieks like a woman over what is obviously his g_a_y lover and they don't cancel the wedding?
Everyone seemed to already know that would have mattered.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:50 pm 

I think it's been great so far and it sounds like the real story is just starting.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:
Wet Mop Jr. falls to the floor and shrieks like a woman over what is obviously his g_a_y lover and they don't cancel the wedding?

How did the king know? He was negotiating with the parents what they were going to name all the kids they were going to have. The whole point of marriage was to produce heirs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:15 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
Brick wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:

How did the king know? He was negotiating with the parents what they were going to name all the kids they were going to have. The whole point of marriage was to produce heirs.

His daughter knew. The Hand of the King seemed to know. His parents knew. It's also not exactly impossible to work around such things.

It is mostly a political move to try and stop his daughter from being killed after he dies.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Gandalf calling out HBO.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next