It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Pretty soon, NFL fans everywhere can have NFL Network with their morning coffee & breakfast. Instead of replaying "NFL Total Access" weekday mornings, NFLN will soon launch a LIVE 4-hour morning talk show just as teams around the league open training camp.

It's simply called "NFL AM", a brand, spanking new morning show that will premiere Monday, July 30th, the same day teams will be opening up training camp around the league. Originating live from NFLN's studios in Los Angeles, the new show will report and debate the latest league-wide news along with the many personalities that play the game. It'll cover a wide-ranging array of NFL topics, including the cultural convergence of sports, entertainment & music starting at 5a (CT) and ending at 9a (CT).

Among the hosts for the new "NFL AM" on NFL Network are FOXSports.com columnist Mark Kriegel, the author of 2 New York Times best-sellers, "Namath: A Biography" & "Pistol: The Life of Pete Maravich", along with a third book based on Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini, entitled "The Good Son", that'll be released in September. Kriegel also hosted the bi-weekly show "Barfly" on FSN regional affiliates across America, complete with athletes, media & celebrity guests. Kriegel spent 5 years with FOXSports.com.

Former Super Bowl Champion 49ers' CB Eric Davis, a 13-year NFL player who co-hosted a daily sports talk radio show on 95.7 FM The Fan in San Francisco and will also analyze the Niners on their radio network for a second straight this season, will also co-host the new show. NFLN reporter Steve Wyche, a regular on "Total Access", former FOX Sports Net & Tennis Channel anchor/reporter Brian Webber & Nicole Zaloumis, a former anchor/reporter for Comcast SportsNet New England & most recently Big Ten Network's "Friday Night Football Report", round out the "NFL AM" talent lineup.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
I kind of like that they replay the highlights show during the season.....I assume these shows will do that?

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:10 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
I kind of like that they replay the highlights show during the season.....I assume these shows will do that?

Are you referring to "NFL Replay"? That airs Tuesday & Wednesday nights during the football season.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:13 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

Are you referring to "NFL Replay"? That airs Tuesday & Wednesday nights during the football season.

No, the one with Rich Eisen....that's NFL Gameday, right?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:17 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

No, the one with Rich Eisen....that's NFL Gameday, right?

Rich Eisen has long since graduated from "NFL Total Access", Eaglo. He's on "NFL GameDay Morning" Sundays before all the games, plus he hosts pre, halftime & postgame for "Thursday Night Football".

He also has a weekly podcast that also airs in video form on NFLN. Last night, Eisen debuted as host of the new TNT reality show "The Great Escape". It airs at 9p Sunday nights, with replays at 11p Sundays & Wednesdays.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:18 pm 

How about the "_____" looking Michelle Beisner? Is she gonna be part of this? I liked when she used to host that starting 11 show, but then they canned it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:28 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
How about the "_____" looking Michelle Beisner? Is she gonna be part of this? I liked when she used to host that starting 11 show, but then they canned it.

She's still on NFL Network, Eaglo. Beisner's one of their many reporters. You can also find her on "NFL Total Access", which these days features the Mr. Spock-looking Andrew Siciliano, Lindsay Rhodes, Kara Henderson, along with "NFL on FOX's" Jay Glazer & Daryl "Moose" Johnston, plus Brian Baldinger, Stacey Dales, ESPN Radio 1000's own Tom Waddle, the entertaining as hell Jamie "Put Up Your" Dukes & RedZone Channel's Scott Hansen to name a few.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:16 pm 

Scott Hansen is OUTSTANDING on NFL Redzone if you ask me.

SHARK wrote:
the Mr. Spock-looking Andrew Siciliano

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Your best description......ever. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:26 pm 

How in the world can you possibly put together a 4 hour daily morning show?

I could understand doing it on Monday's during the regular season, but how can you possibly fill that time every day?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:29 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
How in the world can you possibly put together a 4 hour daily morning show?

I could understand doing it on Monday's during the regular season, but how can you possibly fill that time every day?

Douchebag, I'm sure NFL Network will find a way. This is unchartered ground for them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
What will help with them starting about July 30 is that is about the time training camp will start.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:14 am 

reents wrote:
What will help with them starting about July 30 is that is about the time training camp will start.

Yeah, there's nothing better than 4 straight hours of talk about guys working out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
SHARK wrote:
Douchebag, I'm sure NFL Network will find a way. This is unchartered ground for them.

Saying that it's "uncharted ground" is supposed to be cause for skepticism. How can you have certainty in what they're doing if they've never done it before?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:09 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Saying that it's "uncharted ground" is supposed to be cause for skepticism. How can you have certainty in what they're doing if they've never done it before?

Because this is NFL Network, CH. This new morning show is something they've NEVER done before.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:10 pm 

Okay, I'm not picking on you, honestly, I want to help you here. Your two sentences are completely counterintuitive. You have two competing thoughts:

1) "This is the NFL Network" = they are, by their very name, the experts in promoting and presenting the NFL; they know what they're doing

2) "This is uncharted ground" = this is not something they have any proven experience in; they don't know where they're going

Now, the use of the conjunction "but" would make this perfectly semantically valid in one of two ways:

"This is uncharted ground, but this is the NFL Network" = this is new and risky, but if anyone can do it, they can

OR

"This is the NFL Network, but this is uncharted ground" = they're the best at football coverage, but even they may have bitten off more than they can chew with this one

Without any sort of contrast between the two thoughts, it makes no sense. Do you see what I'm saying here?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:33 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Okay, I'm not picking on you, honestly, I want to help you here. Your two sentences are completely counterintuitive. You have two competing thoughts:

1) "This is the NFL Network" = they are, by their very name, the experts in promoting and presenting the NFL; they know what they're doing

2) "This is uncharted ground" = this is not something they have any proven experience in; they don't know where they're going

Now, the use of the conjunction "but" would make this perfectly semantically valid in one of two ways:

"This is uncharted ground, but this is the NFL Network" = this is new and risky, but if anyone can do it, they can

OR

"This is the NFL Network, but this is uncharted ground" = they're the best at football coverage, but even they may have bitten off more than they can chew with this one

Without any sort of contrast between the two thoughts, it makes no sense. Do you see what I'm saying here?

Yes, I do. Thanks for correcting me. Didn't mean to be a grammar dick. Sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:33 pm 

I was the dick here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Eaglo Jeff wrote: