It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MILLEN
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:22 pm 

Every time a certain familiar face showed up on camera Sunday during NBC's Super Bowl pregame show, Channel 4-Detroit ran a scroll at the bottom of the screen:

"Matt Millen was president of the Lions for the worst eight-year run in the history of the NFL. Knowing his history with the team, is there a credibility issue as he now serves as an analyst for NBC Sports?"

Post subject: Re: MILLEN
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I heard about that. While Matt Millen may have ruined the Detroit Lions, he was a really good analyst before he joined the Lions' front office. I didn't have a problem with seeing Matt during NBC Sports' marathon pregame show this past Sunday, let alone when Millen sat in with Bob Costas and the gang during the Wildcard playoff round. In my opinion, that's where Matt belongs, and I wouldn't be shocked if he became a TV analyst full time next season on any of the NFL's broadcast partners. I'd rather listen to Matt than Brian Baldinger any day of the week.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:18 pm 

TheDawg wrote:
"Matt Millen was president of the Lions for the worst eight-year run in the history of the NFL. Knowing his history with the team, is there a credibility issue as he now serves as an analyst for NBC Sports?"

The lions have won exactly 1 playoff game without Millen. Perhaps the credibility in question should be the lions for keeping a man employed so long that it leads to them doing this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
My thought on this is I don't blame Detroit for doing this, Millen should not have been on t.v., after the Lions went 0-16, the networks should have given him a year before they called him, after a team goes 0-16 and he may be the best, people just will not take him seriously, now I read a rumor where Millen in the future may take over for Kornheiser at Monday Night Football, wouldn't that be intresting.