It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Joe Buck Live on HBO
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:16 am 

I caught the first show last night on HBO. It wasn't bad, needs some tweaking as far as guest selection. Although I'm not a fan of Favre, he was the best guest last night. Unfortunately, he was the first one. Michael Irvin was okay, the receiver from the Bengals with the numerical name in Spanish was boring. The clown from Howard Stern's show made a complete ass of himself. He kept interrupting the other two guests, a comic from SNL and an actor who is a lifelong friend of Buck. Their names escape me. I think the show has got some potential, Buck is too good for it not to improve. Anyone else catch it, What do you think?

Post subject: Re: Joe Buck Live on HBO
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
It was some of the most uncomfortable TV I have seen in years. I'm a big Stern fan and own Artie's book, but that was way too much. It was clear that Buck is not up to Costas' level. Farve said he may or may not return, receivers that crave spotlight said it was the media's fault, and we got to see a picture of Buck and Paul Rudd in High School. Wow. I like Joe Buck, and I know it was the first show, but, wow.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:38 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I like Artie but I just thought he was being a dick.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I remember Artie Lange from his days on "MAD TV" back in the '90s before he joined the Howard Stern Show. I'm not sure Artie followed Howard to Sirius Satellite Radio, but it sounded to me as if Artie was rude, crude & socially obnoxious on the premiere of Joe Buck's new HBO show.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:03 pm 

I like Joe Buck and thought the show was decent overall...but the Bud Selig telescope thing at the end was Epic FAIL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:52 pm 

Artie was the only thing that made that show worth watching.

Joe Buck can go to hell

from the onion

"

Americans Wondering What They Did To Deserve This Much Joe Buck

January 18, 2007 | | Onion Sports

NEW YORK—According to sports fans across America, the near-ubiquitous presence of play-by-play broadcaster, pregame reporter, and post-game analyst Joe Buck has begun to make them consider if they are being punished for something. "In this life, it's only natural to have to endure a certain amount of Joe Buck, but lately I've been inundated with this pervading informant to the point that I can't get his goddamn buttery-smooth voice out of my head," said avid football viewer and casual baseball fan Thomas Lenz. "I mean, I'm a grown man and can tune it out, but I have a 10-year-old son being who has to live through this. It's just not fair." Joe Buck was unavailable for comment, as he was doing a Borat impression on the set of his latest Fox Sports commercial.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:24 am 

I don't care for Joe Buck. It seemed like he was always against the White Sox when they were in the playoffs on Fox. He kept constantly repeating himself about AJ stole 1st base, etc. He's not very good at football either and he is the lead guy on the network. He's like a young Tim McCarver.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I am not really a fan of Joe Buck either, especially after the way he went after Randy Moss in the playoff game.

This is a guy, I have heard so many differing opinoins on, like you get some guys that say he is the best in the business, I heard Mac say that Buck is not part of the lucky sperm club, means he got where he was because of his dad, then I have heard a guy say if it wasn't for his dad, he wouldn't be where he is.

I think some of the dislike maybe that he should stick to one sport, and this maybe good how Aikman is, but and this was a reason Madden didn't want to work with him, I think if I had to work with him, I would want it to be all season with no breaks, because he takes a break from football for about 3 weeks. One last thing on him doing football, I know pre-season football is not everybody's cup of tea, but when he did the Vikings vs Jets game a couple of years ago, when he got to the fourth quarter, he wanted to be anywhere esle but there, During the game he said can we talk about baseball and is this game over yet. Again, I know it's the preseason, but how many people would want to be where he's at, and I think should appreciate it and just grin and bear the game, and do a good broadcast.

I know a little long, but it is probably want you want if your Fox, to have your announcer to be liked or un-liked by everybody, instead of no opinoin.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:35 pm 

I like Joe Buck. I like him a lot. Im a Cub fan and he's a Cardinal broadcaster...So I shouldnt like him. But I do. I think he does a good job in both sports. The Randy Moss thing...he was wrong...but people make such a big deal...Get over it.

Seems Im in the minority.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I've got to think Joe's next HBO show will air after the World Series...Maybe in November? So far, he's only scheduled to host 4 of these shows...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:42 am 

The next show is scheduled for September, according to Buck.