It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
A month ago, it was learned that one of the founding fathers of ESPN, Chris Berman, would actually induct Buffalo Bills' owner Ralph Wilson into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, OH. If you remember all the times Chris would show Bills' highlights on ESPN's "NFL Primetime," he'd tell you that "nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!" Well, while Chris inducts the Bills' owner into Canton next month, USA Today and awfulannouncing.com report that "Boomer" has been replaced as host of the annual Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony by a former teammate of his. It's Rich Eisen, a former "ESPN SportsCenter" anchor who now hosts NFL Network's "Total Access" and pre/postgame when the network airs "Thursday/Saturday Night Football" in November & December. Eisen says it's "an absolute thrill" to get the HOF assignment, but admits he has "no idea" who will serve as host of next year's Induction Ceremony. Rich's former home ESPN & his current home NFLN, DIRECTV 212, will air the annual HOF Ceremony at the same time August 9th.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I think it was because of his recent twitterings...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
Nobody emigrates to Canada like the Buffalo Bills.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:38 pm 

Jalapenos and More wrote:
Nobody emigrates to Canada like the Buffalo Bills.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well, J & M, I don't understand why Ralph Wilson's Bills would want to play a home game a year in Toronto, eh? Home field advantage? I think not...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
SHARK wrote:
Well, J & M, I don't understand why Ralph Wilson's Bills would want to play a home game a year in Toronto, eh? Home field advantage? I think not...

Just like I said, Shark, laying the groundwork for the Bills to leave their antiquated stadium and dying TV market (only 51st) to make the NFL international. And now that Tim Russert is dead, there will be no pumpkin-headed jackass to lay on the asphalt in front of the Mayflower trucks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:43 pm 

Jalapenos and More wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Well, J & M, I don't understand why Ralph Wilson's Bills would want to play a home game a year in Toronto, eh? Home field advantage? I think not...

Just like I said, Shark, laying the groundwork for the Bills to leave their antiquated stadium and dying TV market (only 51st) to make the NFL international. And now that Tim Russert is dead, there will be no pumpkin-headed jackass to lay on the asphalt in front of the Mayflower trucks.

By the way, moment of silence please for Tim Russert...Thank you. The late host of NBC News' "Meet the Press" was also very passionate about his Buffalo Bills, and there's now a street outside of Ralph Wilson Stadium in homage of Tim. I'm sure he can't be pleased up above that the Bills play a "home game" in Toronto now...