It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I thought they were going to trade with the Bears?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I thought they were going to trade with the Bears?

They took a draft day call from the Colts to move back to 15.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
From what I gathered, the plan going in was if Harrison and Nabers were gone at 6, they would trade back with the Bears, thinking the Bears would take and O-lineman at 6 and they could take Odunze at 9. Whether the Bears were going to take an o-lineman at 6 or not was not clear, but that seemed to be the plan. When Nabors was there that plan vaporized and they fielded calls when they were on the clock just in case someone was desperate and offered something crazy. They never planned on taking Odunze at 6. What I think the Giants didn't realized at the time was that the Bears were probably only willing to trade up to take Odunze and not an O-lineman, so it is a good thing Nabors fell to the Giants, or they would have really fucked that up bad and missed on the on the top QB prospects AND the top WR prospects. That certainly would have cost Scheon his job if and when they had another lousy year.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:53 am 
100000 CLUB

Did you watch the first few minutes of episode 5? It sounded like they were going to take Odunze if Nabers went to the Chargers. Also, the Bears call was before draft day.

Edit: Daboll looked sick about drafting Nabers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:51 am 

Nas wrote:
Did you watch the first few minutes of episode 5? It sounded like they were going to take Odunze if Nabers went to the Chargers. Also, the Bears call was before draft day.

in the previous episode they laid out the exact plan. If harrison and nabers were gone at 6, the plan was to trade back with the bears and take odunze at 9. if nabors went to the chargers they were targeting odunze, but not at 6.

Daboll loved Nabors - he would have taken him over Harrison.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:34 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
Nas wrote:

in the previous episode they laid out the exact plan. If harrison and nabers were gone at 6, the plan was to trade back with the bears and take odunze at 9. if nabors went to the chargers they were targeting odunze, but not at 6.

Giants would have screwed themselves there because Poles had to be stopped from trading up to get Odunze which was shown in the War Room video they put out.. Odunze was their guy the whole time -he was #2 on their big board right behind Williams

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:36 pm 

NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

Giants would have screwed themselves there because Poles had to be stopped from trading up to get Odunze which was shown in the War Room video they put out.. Odunze was their guy the whole time -he was #2 on their big board right behind Williams

i agree.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

Maybe it works out for the Giants, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with their operation if I was a fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Nas wrote:
I wouldn't feel comfortable with their operation if I was a fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:49 pm 

The giants have always been a team with moments of great heights surrounded by long stretches of deep lows. We are used to it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
I wouldn't feel comfortable with their operation if I was a fan

I've been on Poles for over 2 years. It feels good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Daboll can't even participate in a professional meeting correctly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
GB went into Dallas and thrashed them in the playoffs
The last Bears playoff road win..I was at that game...look it up.
The last playoff win period?
The last win against GB?
Maybe Bears should start with winning a game vs GB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Brick wrote:
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Fields is also the dude who has to by far "create more time to throw" because of s shitty O-Line and a collapsing pocket all of the time.
That's not what the stats indicate. 4 seconds is more than enough time to throw. When 80% of your sacks come from after 4 seconds it means you are holding onto the ball too long. Now, it would be easy to overlook this if he had gaudy passing stats which indicated that he was extending plays while not just throwing it away and it was resulting in major yardage as plays broke down but that is clearly not the case.

4 seconds isn't a collapsing pocket.

It should be noted the number of "dissenting opinions" regarding the Bears line sucking 3-4 months ago. Now all of I've read is how the Bears O-Line sucks. Funny how that happens :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:57 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
It's strange that MANY around here still think (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a better QB than Justin Fields.

He wasn’t?

He isn't.

Definitely not true so far but I guess time will tell.

Let's start checking to see what the CFMB "experts" (an oxymoron if ever one was created) have to say :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:59 am 

More Bricksonian "analysis" by the way :lol: :lol:

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:
Fields is also the dude who has to by far "create more time to throw" because of s shitty O-Line and a collapsing pocket all of the time.
That's not what the stats indicate. 4 seconds is more than enough time to throw. When 80% of your sacks come from after 4 seconds it means you are holding onto the ball too long. Now, it would be easy to overlook this if he had gaudy passing stats which indicated that he was extending plays while not just throwing it away and it was resulting in major yardage as plays broke down but that is clearly not the case.

Here is an entire game filled with "collapsing pockets" Brick. And hardly an "outlier" either.

https://youtu.be/nhF7ApctAsE?si=VqYA4FcLTE_mCCIS

The stats are clear. 80% of his sacks came from after 4 seconds. That is more than enough time to throw the ball away or make a throw with a chance of gaining positive yardage. Every QB in the league does it.

In fact, if the OL is as bad as you say it is then it is MORE reason to get the ball out fast. Let's say it was the worst in the league. Why are you waiting 4 seconds to throw? If you trust your OL maybe you can extend it out but your argument seems to be the OL was terrible, Fields knew it was terrible, and he still waiting longer than anyone in the league does to throw the ball. Honestly, that's probably the biggest indictment of the football acumen of Fields that you can make.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:27 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
It's strange that MANY around here still think (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a better QB than Justin Fields.

He wasn’t?

He isn't.

Let's start checking to see what the CFMB "experts" (an oxymoron if ever one was created) have to say :lol: :lol:

Fields still isn’t better.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:38 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
It's strange that MANY around here still think (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a better QB than Justin Fields.

He wasn’t?

He isn't.

Fields still isn’t better.

Keep in mind that Hawg just thought that it wasn't relevant (in a discussion regarding Love.ALWAYS being better than Fields) to bring up their respective college careers even as Love has only started for all of 1 NFL season :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:43 am 

You are not doing yourself any favors by thinking that Fields is on any kind of the same level as Jordan Love. I want to see who is going to back you up on this.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:46 pm 

More Bricksonian "analysis" by the way :lol: :lol:

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Here is an entire game filled with "collapsing pockets" Brick. And hardly an "outlier" either.

https://youtu.be/nhF7ApctAsE?si=VqYA4FcLTE_mCCIS

The stats are clear. 80% of his sacks came from after 4 seconds. That is more than enough time to throw the ball away or make a throw with a chance of gaining positive yardage. Every QB in the league does it.

In fact, if the OL is as bad as you say it is then it is MORE reason to get the ball out fast. Let's say it was the worst in the league. Why are you waiting 4 seconds to throw? If you trust your OL maybe you can extend it out but your argument seems to be the OL was terrible, Fields knew it was terrible, and he still waiting longer than anyone in the league does to throw the ball. Honestly, that's probably the biggest indictment of the football acumen of Fields that you can make.

Fields got the ball out fast on Sunday. The throws were often not great though.

But, Williams took 2 sacks on Sunday. Fields average 3.3 sacks per game.

It's only 1 game, but Williams had 2.1 in the pocket before pressure. That's the second lowest time in the league.
Last year, Fields had 2.8 in the pocket before pressure which was the best in the league. Fields took 44 sacks in 13 games which is 3.38.

So, Williams had .7 less seconds to throw, and took less sacks than Fields averaged last year. So, you have inadvertently proven my point at least for one game.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:09 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
You are not doing yourself any favors by thinking that Fields is on any kind of the same level as Jordan Love. I want to see who is going to back you up on this.

This is the same board that argued that the immortal Tyson Bagent was better than JF1. Do you really think that I'm taking their opinion all that seriously? Just Asking A Question

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:40 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:

This is the same board that argued that the immortal Tyson Bagent was better than JF1. Do you really think that I'm taking their opinion all that seriously? Just Asking A Question

Do we know he isn’t?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:44 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Do we know he isn’t?

Yes "we" do Remember you're part of the "WE" that waxes poetically about a team that was .500 last season.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:52 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Do we know he isn’t?

Yes "we" do Remember you're part of the "WE" that waxes poetically about a team that was .500 last season.

That was a quarter away from the NFC Championship game too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78