It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Bears @ Texans
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:15 am 

As bad as the line was last night I thought Caleb looked better than he should have. I don't think things are too big for him. Which I think is a good sign.

Caleb and Odunze are both seeing how much faster the game is than it was in practice and in the preseason.

The defense looks really good.

The o line is atrocious. Jones is the only one that I think has been decent. Jenkins has had ok moments. But the rest of them have been hot garbage. Wright looks to have gotten worse since last year. They have to fix the center position. That is the foundation of it all. If they get a center that is capable then it helps all the other issues.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:19 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
We have seen several years of the Chris Morgan act os offensive line coach. Poles and the rest of the Bears leadership continue to tell us that he is elite. At this point, all of the evidence suggests that he is below average at best. The offensive line is worse than the sum of its parts. That is a classic coaching problem.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:20 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
We have seen several years of the Chris Morgan act os offensive line coach. Poles and the rest of the Bears leadership continue to tell us that he is elite. At this point, all of the evidence suggests that he is below average at best. The offensive line is worse than the sum of its parts. That is a classic coaching problem.

And how in the hell have they forgot how to run block? Last year they could at least run the ball.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:25 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
I also think this shows how much of a mistake it was to trade Fields for what is still probably a 6th round pick but it's getting closer to the incredibly valuable 4th round pick.

Williams either isn't ready or he's being put in a tough situation with little experience. Fields could just as easily get us 150 yards a game passing and Williams could take his spot in week 6 or 8.

I think Fields wins that game yesterday. I've said all along, I think he is more valuable than a sixth or a fourth. The market said otherwise. I'm glad we have Caleb.

Maybe he doesn't throw 2 picks. I doubt he puts up better other passing stats.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
I also think this shows how much of a mistake it was to trade Fields for what is still probably a 6th round pick but it's getting closer to the incredibly valuable 4th round pick.

Williams either isn't ready or he's being put in a tough situation with little experience. Fields could just as easily get us 150 yards a game passing and Williams could take his spot in week 6 or 8.

I think Fields wins that game yesterday. I've said all along, I think he is more valuable than a sixth or a fourth. The market said otherwise. I'm glad we have Caleb.

We saw many games like that during Fields’ tenure. His collapsing in one score games became a meme.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Fields would have hit DJ Moore. I think that’s why you saw Moore boil over, he knew the guy he played with last year would’ve made that play and they dealt him off for a day three draft pick. Not that I think making that play changes the game outcome.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:56 am 

Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:

He would have run

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: John's
We passed on Jalen Carter for this

Should have also been Roughing the Passer, hey I don't make the fagggy rules, but you have the enforce them consistently.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:42 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:

He would have run

Williams had 5 carriers for 44 yards. Fields only had 2 games last year he ran for more than 59 yards and in those 59 and less yard games he was running about 10 times per game. The elite running Justin Fields disappeared prior to last season outside of one game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Last edited by Tall Midget on Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:22 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/B_Willijax/status/1835649118955270203?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1835649118955270203%7Ctwgr%5E382fe096740830c6161ecbff55c5aa1cdf00acf5%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2F1fi6zy2%2F%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse[/tweet]

Coleman Shelton tried to embed this tweet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:23 pm 

Bob is not going to be happy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:

He certainly doesn’t lead the team down the field on the last possession to score the game-winning touchdown we know that much

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:

Coleman Shelton has been our second-best lineman this season according to PFF.

Morgan and/or Waldron have to go.

Braxton Jones, Wright, and even Jenkins are regressing.

Also, D'Andre Swift appears to be a rotation player, not a legitimate starting running back.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:33 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Also, D'Andre Swift appears to be a rotation player, not a legitimate starting running back.

If true, that's pretty damn disheartening considering we minted him a top 10 running back, salary wise. Personally I wanted to throw that money at Danielle Hunter who was all in Caleb's ass last night.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:34 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If they keep calling those screen plays to him then he will be rotating on and off the IL.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:35 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

If true, that's pretty damn disheartening considering we minted him a top 10 running back, salary wise. Personally I wanted to throw that money at Danielle Hunter who was all in Caleb's ass last night.

I also wanted D.Hunter. Poles seems to not value the trenches and that is disturbing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:50 pm 

In addition to the human exrament that is Shelton and Davis, Swift is a terrible pass blocker too. They might have to dust the mothballs off Roschon Johnson, though if he's in the game you know it's a pass

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:

Should have also been Roughing the Passer, hey I don't make the fagggy rules, but you have the enforce them consistently.

Wright can't move his feet quickly enough to play tackle. At least, that's the way it looks to me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Wright can't move his feet quickly enough to play tackle. At least, that's the way it looks to me.

i was calling for that roughing flag when it happened live. watching the replay that was a devastating hit where he drove caleb into the ground. clay mathews would have been suspended 4 weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

And how in the hell have they forgot how to run block? Last year they could at least run the ball.

I like Chris Morgan, but he is the run game coordinator now. That and Waldron could be the problem with the run game. He hates Herbert.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I like Chris Morgan, but he is the run game coordinator now. That and Waldron could be the problem with the run game. He hates Herbert.

Swift runs with zero violent intent. That's fine if you're a 3rd down tippy toed speed demon.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:35 pm 

Has Johnson gotten a carry this year? His whole purpose is to hit people. I assume he’s a special teams blocker - great use of a roster spot - but if something needs hitting, you use Johnson.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:31 pm 

I forgot about the Yale OL guy they drafted in the third round. Apparently he’s walking through that door.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Scouts had Wright rated as a potential Pro Bowl guard, but an average to below average tackle, you see that proven each week, he struggles with outside speed.

You can see how Poles struggles to identify offensive line talent, but the inability of the coaching staff to develop and coach up the younger offensive lineman is more concerning.

Wondering if the Bears made HBO cut any footage they had of offensive line concerns, Poles should have been crying about his lack of talent on the o line and not about cutting a practice squad DB.

Your roster is so flimsy that you have limited options, maybe take a look at Kramer at center and Pryor at RG. Pryor is a bigger body and maybe is at least interested in playing football, but anyone would be a better alternative to the failed Nate Davis experiment.

The long term construction of the o line likely will be Wright at RG with maybe Jones at RT, you will need to find NFL starting level guys at C, LG, and LT.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Hussra wrote:
Joe Burrow took the Bengals to a Super Bowl behind a line of exit stanchions from Paycor field.

Poles needs a roster sommelier: you don't pair a leaky o-line with a QB coming out of college with a record high time to throw and a sack rate on pressures north of 20%. Williams may or (so far) may not be an NFL QB. Someone (Lombardi? maybe, he hates everything non-Belichick) compared K-Mid to another under-sized scrambling QB who wowed fans and scouts with his off-platform throws and ability to extend plays with stubby lil legs....Johnny Football Manziel.

At USC Williams would hang in the pocket for 2 or 3 Mississippi as an NPC and then when it inevitably collapsed he'd roll out and begin quarterbacking the play. Possibly he figured doing that gave his receivers ample time to get extra open and made for easy completions.

Bears could've drafted Mahomes, spent draft capital to move up and take Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky instead. Bears could've drafted Coleridge Bernard "C. J." Stroud IV...and decided to punt on the year in favor of Williams. Maybe teams like the Bears, Jets, Panthers should hire someone to attend the draft, and when they put in their pick for a QB they intercept it and change it to any other QB in the draft.

Still time for the Bears to tank for the next Matty Ice, Miller Time Moss:

Moss looks great,seems to be making the right decisions.
Still kicking myself for not betting them in their bowl game kast year.

Heard a breakdown of the upcoming USC season and they said (via their analytics) that the only Riley QB that Williams was better than was Spencer Rattler.
Expectations should be expect a better season with Moss at QB.

Led me to betting them against LSU and the season win total over.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10