It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

I really like the all navy look. I hope they go to it more!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

This game meant nothing, but you have to be concerned when Rex Grossman plays that bad, and the defense looks that ordinary.

Saying that, I expect the defense to play at a high level - maybe not a perfect game, but maybe a B to B+ type game - in their first playoff game. We're not seeing the full defense, and they probably aren't showing everything they will against their playoff opponent.

Offensively, does anyone really know what Rex Grossman is going to do out there ? 3 INT or 0 INT ? I sure as hell don't, and I don't think the coaching staff does either.

I would love to say let's run the ball, and run the ball more, and then play field position with our defense - I'm not sure the defense can play lights out anymore so we do need a productive day from our QB, and that's going to determine whether we move on in the playoffs or go home. No pressure, Rex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

I thought we learned from last season to not treat these as "jackshit" games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
The "jackshit game" excuse only works for the defense. There was no excuse for the QB play (Grossman or Griese). A bad decision is still a bad decision, even if you "don't care."

I can't believe no one has even mentioned Hester muffing another punt yet. He had been out there for defense and when it became fourth down, just kind of danced and stared at the sideline like he wasn't sure if he should be out there or not. I'm guessing he needed someone to tell him what yard-line to go stand on to await the kick...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:46 am 
1000 CLUB

Killer V wrote:
The "jackshit game" excuse only works for the defense. There was no excuse for the QB play (Grossman or Griese). A bad decision is still a bad decision, even if you "don't care."

I can't believe no one has even mentioned Hester muffing another punt yet. He had been out there for defense and when it became fourth down, just kind of danced and stared at the sideline like he wasn't sure if he should be out there or not. I'm guessing he needed someone to tell him what yard-line to go stand on to await the kick...

Given the problems of the defense stopping the run, stopping the pass, and keeping a lead of late, one shouldn't let them off on the "jackshit game" excuse.

Regarding Heart Attack Hester, remember a few games ago when he ran the two kicks in? That second kick he was highstepping from 20 yards out, waving for his teammates to join him running in - all I could see was another Leon Lett.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:22 am 

As for the "jackshit game" bit, I think that's a load of garbage. If I, the fan, feel sick about a loss, they, the competitors, should be absolutely irate. Seriously: ask yourself what kind of competitor doesn't mind getting smoked at home by a shit team. Show me someone who doesn't care about that loss, and I'll show you a loser.

Oh, and by the way: hey Lovie, I thought you were all about beating the Packers? Possibly Farve's last game, and there you are pulling starters when there's still a chance to come back. I'm glad they didn't extend his contract, because the entire coaching staff is going to need some serious evaluation.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?