It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
The problem with counting on him as a rusher is two-fold: the chance of injury goes way up, and unless he maintains an average of 7+ yards per carry, he's going to be at a disadvantage compared to decent QBs who average 8+ yards per attempted pass. Passing is still better than running. His running has value...I just don't think we can assume he's going to be a 175 passing, 75 running QB in the long term.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
The problem with counting on him as a rusher is two-fold: the chance of injury goes way up, and unless he maintains an average of 7+ yards per carry, he's going to be at a disadvantage compared to decent QBs who average 8+ yards per attempted pass. Passing is still better than running. His running has value...I just don't think we can assume he's going to be a 175 passing, 75 running QB in the long term.

I agree. I think the next question is are you using fields as a runner because it's another threat or because it's a way to mask weaknesses in his passing. If the latter then I wouldn't want him moving forward for the reasons you mentioned.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Behind this line he’s just as likely to get injured passing than running.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I agree. I think the next question is are you using fields as a runner because it's another threat or because it's a way to mask weaknesses in his passing. If the latter then I wouldn't want him moving forward for the reasons you mentioned.

Of course, it's the latter. It's the smart thing to do. The hope is the accuracy comes along. I have no issue with the way this staff is developing him.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
With the addition of Claypool, there is no reason Fields should not be cracking 200 yards of passing every week. He's now got a #1 and #2, a great running game, and while the pass protection is suspect, the running game (including the threat of himself) should take some pressure off. I think Poles made this trade in part to challenge Fields, and I like it. Assuming Fields stays healthy, these remaining games should be enough to show if he's a keeper.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
With the addition of Claypool, there is no reason Fields should not be cracking 200 yards of passing every week. He's now got a #1 and #2, a great running game, and while the pass protection is suspect, the running game (including the threat of himself) should take some pressure off. I think Poles made this trade in part to challenge Fields, and I like it. Assuming Fields stays healthy, these remaining games should be enough to show if he's a keeper.

I would give Claypool a few weeks to get up to speed, but I agree. Poles was on Waddle and Silvy today and he sounded like he was still evaluating Fields.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Claypool is a solid #2 who can turn into a #1, Mooney is a low end #2, probably a good #3 receiver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Jaw Breaker wrote:
nd while the pass protection is suspect

At this point, it has been proven guilty of being poor beyond a reasonable doubt.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:06 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

This assumes he's going to drop back and pass more. We don't know that though. Again, if the designed run is still a major part of the attack, then that's going to cap the pass yardage stats. Every yard gained on a run is one less pass yard he could have had. I think your benchmark of 200 is reasonable if he starts passing more.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:15 am 

Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I would give Claypool a few weeks to get up to speed, but I agree. Poles was on Waddle and Silvy today and he sounded like he was still evaluating Fields.

yes but I would have him in immediately to run jump ball plays in the red zone, an area that has really been a problem for the Bears. He can run that type of play this Sunday, as both he and the Bears are familiar with its mechanics.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I wouldn't use the term "evaluating" Fields. I would see Poles and company as "developing" Fields. Fields has proven himself to be a franchise quarterback. He has tools that very few qbs in NFL history have had. It is Poles job to keep this guy happy and to build a powerful team around him.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:28 pm 

He's proven less than your desire for pussy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Caller Bob wrote:
Claypool is a solid #2 who can turn into a #1, Mooney is a low end #2, probably a good #3 receiver

Mooney is CLEARLY a #3 at best. Claypool has all the measurables to be a #1 but if Tomlin couldn't get him to focus, not sure who will.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

City of Fools wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Mooney is CLEARLY a #3 at best. Claypool has all the measurables to be a #1 but if Tomlin couldn't get him to focus, not sure who will.

Tomlin is an overhyped Lovie. Except he doesn't have an actual defense or philosophy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Tomlin is an overhyped Lovie. Except he doesn't have an actual defense or philosophy.

Tomlin had a franchise QB, Lovie never did, think that Lovie wins at least one ring with above average QB play.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I don't think that is quite fair, Nas. He's been a head coach for 16 years and has never had a losing season (until now most likely). Also has a ring and another Super Bowl appearance. Tomlin has more playoff wins than any head coach in Bears history...including Ditka and Halas.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I don't think that is quite fair, Nas. He's been a head coach for 16 years and has never had a losing season (until now most likely). Also has a ring and another Super Bowl appearance. Tomlin has more playoff wins than any head coach in Bears history...including Ditka and Halas.

He's also had one of the best defensive coordinators, quarterbacks and organizations in NFL history.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Great.

That doesn't refute anything that I said. I'm not arguing he's an all time top ten coach or anything, but saying he's only slightly better than Lovie is just not correct.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:10 pm 

Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

He's also had one of the best defensive coordinators, quarterbacks and organizations in NFL history.

And he's extracted as much as he could out of all those resources. That's why he's been there for so long. Not to have a losing season for as long as he did is remarkable.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
IkeSouth wrote:
He's proven less than your desire for pussy

Fields is a franchise quarterback.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

And he's extracted as much as he could out of all those resources. That's why he's been there for so long. Not to have a losing season for as long as he did is remarkable.

I think it’s a little of both. He’s a very good coach but you can honestly say that he has underachieved in the playoffs a bit.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

I'm not saying Tomlin sucks as a coach. I'm saying he's overrated. I'm saying he may be Doc Rivers of the NFL. He just got lucky enough to join the greatest organization in history of modern football.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:25 pm 

Doc rivers is a one hit wonder. Then he screwed up LAC's window by forcing his son onto the team and prioritizing his development. Really bad judgment.

Tomlin is a poor man's belichik. Sustained success but in a better division where he's always had at least one tough rival (Baltimore).

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
I'm not saying Tomlin sucks as a coach. I'm saying he's overrated. I'm saying he may be Doc Rivers of the NFL. He just got lucky enough to join the greatest organization in history of modern football.

He may be elite at holding a locker room together. Never forget he had some good years with some of the bigger psychos in the NFL.

It’s never been apparent to me what he’s good at from a coaching perspective. Maybe he’s an elite delegator.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:

He may be elite at holding a locker room together. Never forget he had some good years with some of the bigger psychos in the NFL.

It’s never been apparent to me what he’s good at from a coaching perspective. Maybe he’s an elite delegator.

Yeah, like Lovie, he's been like a father to a lot of players. That's HUGE.

Outside of sharing his expectations, I'm not sure what he does. I knew Lovie brought his defense. Tomlin has had great players his entire time there and a great defensive coordinator the majority of the time. Big Ben led the offense.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
They probably had one more good run in them but Le’Veon Bell decided to be a fucking baby. Shazier’s career ender obviously didnt help either, dude was well on his was to being a beast

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:57 pm 

You guys are basically describing a good executive. Fix both sides of the ball and then manage. Lovie never developed a philosophy of offense that could then be executed by an OC. He just randomly picked OCs that would work for him without any regard to a larger philosophy. And I say that as a huge Lovie guy.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
They probably had one more good run in them but Le’Veon Bell decided to be a fucking baby. Shazier’s career ender obviously didnt help either, dude was well on his was to being a beast

Antonio Brown cracked around the same time too. That was a SB caliber team.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
You guys are basically describing a good executive. Fix both sides of the ball and then manage. Lovie never developed a philosophy of offense that could then be executed by an OC. He just randomly picked OCs that would work for him without any regard to a larger philosophy. And I say that as a huge Lovie guy.

Lovie didn't inherit a HoF quarterback, either. You're right, though; Tomlin is from the same cloth as John Harbaugh.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Most great coaches can point to some element of the game that they control. They generally have some ‘system’ - whatever side of the ball - and they’re borderline super coordinators that need some other guy to complement their shortcomings.

I’m not sure what Tomlin’s system would be. He’s a little like John Harbaugh in that way.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 146  Next