It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
He sucks. Always did. Fuck him And his pleated khakis.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:02 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I’d rather have Tomczak.

Guy always had a chip on his shoulder with the fire and the pashun.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:07 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I’d rather have Tomczak.

Captain Comeback was young Nas favorite quarterback. I didn't like Tomczak.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
denisdman wrote:
If Harbaugh had lost to OSU, I suspect no one would want him….

Wrong. I said the same last year, and right before they hired Nagy -go get Jim Harbaugh.

I don’t give a shit what he does at the college level, I base my evaluation of him off what I’ve seen him do at the NFL level.

Harbaugh is good at football, NFL football especially.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:07 am 

Nas wrote:
I’d rather have Tomczak.

How can you not like Tomczak. He's a guy who went undrafted but ended up with a 15 year career. He always seemed prepared as a backup.

I just saw he is 59. Man, I'm getting old.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:29 am 

denisdman wrote:

Harbaugh has been a success everywhere he has went.
29-6 at San Diego.
29-21 at Stanford.
44-19 with the 49ers.
61-21 at Michigan.

He couldn't beat Urban Meyer in college, but the list of people in college with a winning record against Meyer in college is incredibly small.

Every other candidate has more questions than Harbaugh. It's the same reason I am all in on McDaniels. Let's swing big and miss big rather than another "Assistant from a good team who is getting hired because the head coach was good".

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:32 am 

Brick wrote:
denisdman wrote:

29-6 at San Diego.
29-21 at Stanford.
44-19 with the 49ers.
61-21 at Michigan.

He couldn't beat Urban Meyer in college, but the list of people in college with a winning record against Meyer in college is incredibly small.

Every other candidate has more questions than Harbaugh. It's the same reason I am all in on McDaniels. Let's swing big and miss big rather than another "Assistant from a good team who is getting hired because the head coach was good".

You have sold me, and I like pleated pants. So captain Khakis is good for me!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:03 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
I’d rather have Tomczak.

How can you not like Tomczak. He's a guy who went undrafted but ended up with a 15 year career. He always seemed prepared as a backup.

I was like 8 at the time. There was probably some sibling rivalry mixed in there too.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:12 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
RFDC wrote:
Brick wrote:
denisdman wrote:

29-6 at San Diego.
29-21 at Stanford.
44-19 with the 49ers.
61-21 at Michigan.

I thought Missouri residents were required by state law to dress exclusively in overalls.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Brick wrote:
denisdman wrote:

29-6 at San Diego.
29-21 at Stanford.
44-19 with the 49ers.
61-21 at Michigan.

I’d add that talent (recruiting) and location (where the school is) are tied into the college level and can be an equalizer too.

Give Harbaugh identical talent to Saban and Urban and watch Jim coach circles around them. Harbaugh is a better coach than both of those guys, he just doesn’t get the talent at Michigan -a program that fell off before Harbaugh got there.

You can out talent teams all day long at the college level, but the talent gap at the NFL level is minuscule and ripe for improvement with a good coach -big difference. That’s why I don’t care what he has done or hasn’t done at the college level. If he wins the title this year I couldn’t care less because that’s irrelevant to what I know he can do as a coach at the NFL level.

Harbaugh is easily the biggest no brainer this off season. It just boils down to the Bears actually reaching out to him, and him wanting to come here. That’s it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:20 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
I’d rather have Tomczak.

I was like 8 at the time. There was probably some sibling rivalry mixed in there too.

I didn't know you guys were brothers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:33 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Brick wrote:
denisdman wrote:

29-6 at San Diego.
29-21 at Stanford.
44-19 with the 49ers.
61-21 at Michigan.

I thought Missouri residents were required by state law to dress exclusively in overalls.

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
NME wrote:

I’d add that talent (recruiting) and location (where the school is) are tied into the college level and can be an equalizer too.

Give Harbaugh identical talent to Saban and Urban and watch Jim coach circles around them. Harbaugh is a better coach than both of those guys, he just doesn’t get the talent at Michigan -a program that fell off before Harbaugh got there.

Ohio State and Penn State have an advantage in that both states have huge crops of top level recruits every year eager to attend the flag-ship program in their state. Anyone should be successful coaching at either program just recruiting the best players in their home state.

Michigan started falling off when the directional Florida schools got football programs (UCF, USF) and started snapping up locals that might've gone out of state previously. Plus Saban and Georgia just across the border poaching Florida recruits. Now Florida and Miami have to work to get competitive rosters. Both schools currently in the 60's for 2022 recruiting class: https://247sports.com/season/2021-footb ... mrankings/

They say Brian Kelly bolted for LSU due to better recruiting prospects in Louisiana; but how can you have trouble recruiting football players to Notre Dame

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Fields god-like status with near league bottom stats is starting to crumble. Hub, Biggs, and Mark Potash all said Monday right now Fields is a bad QB. Hub, Biggs are still long-term positive. Potash said he's not sold on Fields. Biggs went as far as to say "certain people" grade Fields on a special more lenient standard than other athletes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:12 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Fields god-like status with near league bottom stats is starting to crumble. Hub, Biggs, and Mark Potash all said Monday right now Fields is a bad QB. Hub, Biggs are still long-term positive. Potash said he's not sold on Fields. Biggs went as far as to say "certain people" grade Fields on a special more lenient standard than other athletes.

They should be lenient on Fields. Rookie QB stats don't mean much. Second year stats matter much more.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

They should be lenient on Fields. Rookie QB stats don't mean much. Second year stats matter much more.

I can't remember if it was Windy City Gridiron or Chicago Audible that studied the stats of all starting rookie quarterbacks over the past couple of decades. They found that there were some clear statistical thresholds met by all rookie QBs who went on to become long-term/successful starters. At the time the article was posted (maybe end of October), Fields was sitting almost exactly on the dividing line between the guys who succeeded and those who failed to develop.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Brad Biggs comments Monday that Fields is being judged on "another standard" by "certain people" is a condemnation of those doing it. Not the player. Don't you think Briggs knows great QBs can stink early in their careers and wind up being quality QBs (Troy Aikman, P Manning, Stafford...)? The 3 wisemen (Bernstein, Parkins, Spiegel) have to be in the mix he was talking about. Numerous times they've proclaimed Fields has arrived to elite greatness when his stats differ. Even using the most insignificant of next gen data to use as a club.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Just the type of holiday cheer this city needs. Thanks, Peeps! You godless scrooge

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:41 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Jimmy Pickles was on a 2-14 team under noted QB guru John Fox.

Blaine Gabbert was on a 5-11 team under Jack DelRio who was fired mid-season and replaced with interim Mel Tucker.

Josh Rosen was on a 3-13 team under Steve Wilks who was a one and done coach.

I'm willing to give Fields a mulligan for this season. I do agree that his play has not been very inspiring overall though.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:54 am 
1000 CLUB

Add Dan Bernstein to the list of Fields Skeptics. He is gradually reversing course on his previously exuberant projections regarding Fields.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Terry's Peeps wrote:

But those QB's didnt have a sports media keep saying " yeah but the _______ sucks , thats why he stinks like Fields has ( and Mitch before him). No one was afraid to say " hey maybe this guy isnt very good " after 10 or 12 games with them.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:00 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

But those QB's didnt have a sports media keep saying " yeah but the _______ sucks , thats why he stinks like Fields has ( and Mitch before him). No one was afraid to say " hey maybe this guy isnt very good " after 10 or 12 games with them.

This may be the biggest QB draft class failure in NFL history. None of the have consistently been good.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:05 pm 

Still think we need around 25 starts. Less than halfway there.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:07 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Yeah he might suck or he might figure it out. It's still early. I haven't even taken my Patrick Williams victory lap yet on that terrible pick. Probably end of next season for that.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
veganfan21 wrote:
I don't think we need that many. If we don't see major improvements in his game by about Halloween next season, it might be time to pull the pin on Fields.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:17 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
I don't think we need that many. If we don't see major improvements in his game by about Halloween next season, it might be time to pull the pin on Fields.

Chicago loves the applying the sunk cost fallacy (see (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, Mitch). Even if Fields sucks I bet management will start him through his rookie contract. The next great hope for us is probably in someone's eighth grade class at the moment.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
veganfan21 wrote:
Just the type of holiday cheer this city needs. Thanks, Peeps! You godless scrooge

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Fields will figure it out. He's going to be good

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Won't know anything until Nagy is gone. Jury is still out on Mitch too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 146  Next