It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Caller Bob wrote:
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Nas wrote:
That's what shotgun is for. There's no guarantee that a quarterback under 6'2" is athletic.

Nah they roll shorter QBs out more often than taller QBs because they have difficulty seeing over the line. And it's odd that NME claims that his "height" isn't an issue when they put specific drills in that were designed to prevent him from getting so many of his passes tipped at the line of scrimmage. Something which has been an issue throughout training camp.

The perfect deep ball to Scott (PI) was a pass from in the pocket. You would know that if you watched Bears games instead of scouting stat lines.

But for some inane reason you REALLY think you know sports.

Quote:
For all of Williams’ unique playmaking ability, he stands only 6-1. Standing still in the pocket, Williams has to throw over blockers and rushers who are taller than he is. He has had more passes tipped at the line of scrimmage during camp than Fields ever did.

On Saturday, the Bears gave Williams another challenge. During seven-on-seven drills, they had four staffers stand at the line of scrimmage and hold blocking pads in the air to simulate the arms of defensive linemen with him in the pocket.

‘‘There’s real throwing lanes in real football,’’ Eberflus said. ‘‘We started to implement those pads just to simulate passing lanes and different arm angles he might have to use during the course of 11-on-11, team [drills] and then in the game.’’

And isn't it ironic that known "Sports scribe" :lol: :lol: Writer Bob has yet to state how Caleb's "padded" stats totals came against guys that will be working for Food for Less in about month? Which is no doubt what he would be doing if it were someone that he didn't like? Just Asking A Question

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Actually as already mentioned to you, Caleb's opponents will be backups (he's been playing the 1st quarter in the preseason) Fields opponents will be working at Food For Less, or employed as "Protesters" by the DNC along with your fellow students.

Watch the games, don't scout the stat lines

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:50 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Actually as already mentioned to you, Caleb's opponents will be backups (he's been playing the 1st quarter in the preseason) Fields opponents will be working at Food For Less, or employed as "Protesters" by the DNC along with your fellow students.

Watch the games, don't scout the stat lines

Hey wannabe scribe, his spectacular plays came against 3rd and 4th stringers. The Bengals sat 34 players for the game. : :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:54 am 

Be that as that may, Fields, playing the 2nd half, went against even worse players than backups. Guys that will be working at McDonalds or teaching at Chicago Public Schools next month. Again, stop making a fool of yourself in the football threads.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:11 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Be that as that may, Fields, playing the 2nd half, went against even worse players than backups. Guys that will be working at McDonalds or teaching at Chicago Public Schools next month. Again, stop making a fool of yourself in the football threads.

Hey wannabe scribe. Fields was also playing alongside guys that will be working for Food For Less too. The Bears kept Caleb in with the Bears 1st stringers just so that he could feel good about himself because the offense sucked ass for a quarter and a half. He couldn't get shit going against the Bengals 2nd stringers.

You're so dopey and ignorant when it comes to Football and sports in general that you couldn't fathom why. They did that so that he could have some success.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:13 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

Hey wannabe scribe. Fields was also playing alongside guys that will be working for Food For Less too.

Glad you agree with me. But there is no bounds to your stupidity here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:

The Justin Fields led Pittsburgh offense has scored exactly zero points in two games .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:27 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Hey wannabe scribe. Fields was also playing alongside guys that will be working for Food For Less too.

Glad you agree with me. But there is no bounds to your stupidity here.

Writer Bob doesn't understand that there was a "discrepancy" between the two situations. I'm shocked.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:32 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The Justin Fields led Pittsburgh offense has scored exactly zero points in two games .

Wrong!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:42 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Not only that but M.Tomlin said you can't evaluate Fields when he can't get a first down. 3 and OUT against Mcdonald's fry cooks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:55 am 

Juiced wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Not only that but M.Tomlin said you can't evaluate Fields when he can't get a first down. 3 and OUT against Mcdonald's fry cooks.

This isn't exactly jiving with the reality of the situation. Fields has moved the ball in both games. Not that any of the CFMB "analyst" :lol: :lol: have ever bothered to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Fields is gonna have some big games. He had some with us. Bottom line is he can’t win a Super Bowl. He will never be able to win 3 or 4 postseason games in a row.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
NME wrote:
Calebs height is fine -he’s eye to eye with Patrick Mahomes. Also, roll outs aren’t used because play callers need to make up for the height of a QB. They’re used to cut the field in half for easier reads, or scrambling purposes. Either way, roll outs are a part of almost every offense in the NFL so it’s weird to single the Bears out for implementing it.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2024 ... uarterback

Quote:
For all of Williams’ unique playmaking ability, he stands only 6-1. Standing still in the pocket, Williams has to throw over blockers and rushers who are taller than he is. He has had more passes tipped at the line of scrimmage during camp than Fields ever did.

On Saturday, the Bears gave Williams another challenge. During seven-on-seven drills, they had four staffers stand at the line of scrimmage and hold blocking pads in the air to simulate the arms of defensive linemen with him in the pocket.

‘‘There’s real throwing lanes in real football,’’ Eberflus said. ‘‘We started to implement those pads just to simulate passing lanes and different arm angles he might have to use during the course of 11-on-11, team [drills] and then in the game.’’

This is an admittance that his height is a problem.

1st off, most O-linemen and D-linemen are taller than just about any given QB on the field so this isn’t saying much.

2nd..

^Here he is standing next to CJ Stroud, and Strouds height is never mentioned as an issue.. because it’s not. And I’ll point out again that Patrick Mahomes is the same height as Caleb. You’d have more of a dog in this fight if Caleb was 5’10 or something along those lines but that’s not the case.

As for Caleb having ‘more passes batted down than Fields’.. well, there’s a lot of variables there. Was Justin rolling out in practice more? Was Justin even being asked to throw it as often as Caleb.. is the reporter making this statement even accurate? Did he literally have a count of how many times Caleb had passes tipped Vs Fields? Point is, this is all subjective meaningless banter with no factual basis attached to it. They’re observations and passing comments as far as I can see, nothing more.

Caleb didn’t have an issue at the college level with passes getting batted down and in early returns during the preseason hasn’t had issues with it either. His height is fine, he’s over 6 feet tall and is roughly the same height as some other very successful QB’s in the league. This is a nothingburger of a talking point tbh.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:21 pm 

NME wrote:
NME wrote:
Calebs height is fine -he’s eye to eye with Patrick Mahomes. Also, roll outs aren’t used because play callers need to make up for the height of a QB. They’re used to cut the field in half for easier reads, or scrambling purposes. Either way, roll outs are a part of almost every offense in the NFL so it’s weird to single the Bears out for implementing it.

Quote:

1st off, most O-linemen and D-linemen are taller than just about any given QB on the field so this isn’t saying much.

2nd..

^Here he is standing next to CJ Stroud, and Strouds height is never mentioned as an issue.. because it’s not. And I’ll point out again that Patrick Mahomes is the same height as Caleb. You’d have more of a dog in this fight if Caleb was 5’10 or something along those lines but that’s not the case.

As for Caleb having ‘more passes batted down than Fields’.. well, there’s a lot of variables there. Was Justin rolling out in practice more? Was Justin even being asked to throw it as often as Caleb.. is the reporter making this statement even accurate? Did he literally have a count of how many times Caleb had passes tipped Vs Fields? Point is, this is all subjective meaningless banter with no factual basis attached to it. They’re observations and passing comments as far as I can see, nothing more.

Caleb didn’t have an issue at the college level with passes getting batted down and in early returns during the preseason hasn’t had issues with it either. His height is fine, he’s over 6 feet tall and is roughly the same height as some other very successful QB’s in the league. This is a nothingburger of a talking point tbh.

Don't waste your time. He's football ignorant.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:26 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
JT O'Sullivan points out in his film breakdown that the pass was thrown to the wrong side of the receiver. It's true that Williams threw from the pocket frequently in college, although I don't recall him executing a lot of timing routes. On at least one play against the Bengals--the beautiful left sideline pass to Odunze--it looked like Williams scrambled when he didn't need to. He made an incredible play there, though, so it's hard to criticize him. But he certainly gave the defense an opportunity to take additional shots at him.

Haven’t seen JT’s breakdown yet but it was a well thrown ball even if it was on the wrong shoulder -still catchable if the DB doesn’t maul the WR. Timing routes or not, he has plenty of experience playing from the pocket college wise, and very successful too. I’d say his biggest issue this season is going to be the same issue many modern college QB’s face, playing from under center, handling the snap, turning your back to the defense after the snap on PA, whipping your head back around after the fake and getting your eyes on the reads.. stuff like that. It’s going to take time, and there will be some ups and downs for sure.

As for his height? Not an issue, at least that’s how I see it. He’ll be fine there. Nothing we’ve seen in these games currently indicates that this is a struggle for him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:30 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
NME wrote:
NME wrote:

Quote:

2nd..

Don't waste your time. He's football ignorant.

You may not have noticed but no one is actually listening to you about anything. You're 4 months in with this. Any "traction" yet? Just Asking A Question

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caleb explained ball placement on the Scott pass. He threw it to the right spot based on coaching. I was somewhat bothered by Scott's ball tracking on that play. I thought he would have caught the ball, but he looked like MVS while tracking it.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:34 pm 

NME wrote:
NME wrote:

Quote:

2nd..

The person who wrote the article already stated that it was a problem. And the fact that they keep rolling him out suggests that it is a problem too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:35 pm 

Juiced wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

This isn't exactly jiving with the reality of the situation. Fields has moved the ball in both games. Not that any of the CFMB "analyst" :lol: :lol: have ever bothered to watch.

Mike Tomlin had a tough time evaluating Pittsburgh Steelers quarterbacks Russell Wilson and Justin Fields in the team’s 9-3 loss to the Buffalo Bills this weekend. After the Steelers’ second preseason game of the year, Tomlin spoke to reporters about not being able to evaluate the QB’s performances accurately due to the starting offense’s inability to get anything going.

Quote:
“It’s somewhat of an incomplete study because you just don’t get a chance to see them operate or us operate or us establish rhythm and personality when you’re not winning possession downs,” he said, per NFL.com. “And we weren’t. The first three or so series of the game, it was three and out, and you’re not going to get an opportunity to establish rhythm or play the way you’d like as an individual or a collective.”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:35 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Fields is gonna have some big games. He had some with us.
By some, do you mean 2?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:38 pm 

Does Writer Bob actually understand that Justin Fields playing alongside the 3rd string offense against 3rd stringers isn't exactly considered the same as Caleb Williams playing alongside 1st stringers against 3rd stringers? Just Asking A Question

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 1:51 pm 

The person who wrote the article already stated that it was a problem. And the fact that they keep rolling him out suggests that it is a problem too.

The person who wrote the article isn’t a coach, doesn’t hold much more water than us arguing about it.

Also, they aren’t doing designed roll outs for all of his passes. They’re mixing it up to help Caleb get multiple looks and as many different reps as possible before this thing goes live. In fact, some of his roll outs have been him doing it on his own and buying more time during plays. He’s made throws from the pocket this preseason too.

You’re too focused on something that isn’t actually there -you’re seeing ghosts bud

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 2:53 pm 

NME wrote:
The person who wrote the article isn’t a coach, doesn’t hold much more water than us arguing about it.

The person doesn't need to be a coach in order to simply report what they happen to see. And I'd rather trust the opinion of someone who is at practice on a regular than someone who has seen him throw a few passes from the pocket. Particularly given the level of Kool Aid that they happened to be drinking.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 3:00 pm 

And I'd rather trust the opinion of someone who is at practice on a regular than someone who has seen him throw a few passes from the pocket.
Agreed. It's good to get the input of someone who has seen him throw more than a few passes out of the pocket.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 3:00 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Juiced wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Mike Tomlin had a tough time evaluating Pittsburgh Steelers quarterbacks Russell Wilson and Justin Fields in the team’s 9-3 loss to the Buffalo Bills this weekend. After the Steelers’ second preseason game of the year, Tomlin spoke to reporters about not being able to evaluate the QB’s performances accurately due to the starting offense’s inability to get anything going.

Quote:
“It’s somewhat of an incomplete study because you just don’t get a chance to see them operate or us operate or us establish rhythm and personality when you’re not winning possession downs,” he said, per NFL.com. “And we weren’t. The first three or so series of the game, it was three and out, and you’re not going to get an opportunity to establish rhythm or play the way you’d like as an individual or a collective.”

Got to be more careful. Fields moved the ball up the field as soon as he entered the game.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/stee ... game/live/

Quote:
Justin Fields was substituted in for a couple of chances at the two-minute drill before halftime, and was successful on one of those possessions, leading the Steelers 46 yards down the field on seven plays for a Chris Boswell 43-yard field goal. In all, he completed 11 of 17 passes for 92 yards, and led the team with 42 rushing yards. Fields had multiple chances to lead game-winning drives, but Pittsburgh turned the ball over on downs on all three of its second-half possessions.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 3:06 pm 

Brick wrote:
And I'd rather trust the opinion of someone who is at practice on a regular than someone who has seen him throw a few passes from the pocket.
Agreed. It's good to get the input of someone who has seen him throw more than a few passes out of the pocket.

Just can't trust anyone who claims that someone who can Chuck a football 70 yards is also someone that "can't throw"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Brick wrote:

Just can't trust anyone who claims that someone who can Chuck a football 70 yards is also someone that "can't throw"

Here's the in depth, football savvy analysis I was waiting for.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 3:09 pm 

I'll be more than happy to hear your predictions on the stats Fields puts up this year given you think he will be the starter on day one.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 3:15 pm 

The person doesn't need to be a coach in order to simply report what they happen to see..

Yeah but..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 3:26 pm 

Brick wrote:
I'll be more than happy to hear your predictions on the stats Fields puts up this year given you think he will be the starter on day one.

Nah let's talk about why you believe that a dude who can throw a football 70 yards on a rope is someone that "can't throw" shall we?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next