It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
The Pats and Giants are charging hard.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Patriots and Giants play in two weeks

Someone has to win, I think

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:56 pm 

Wasn't Nas a big Mac Jones guy?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:05 pm 

Should be quite a run on QB's again which could give you a chance to pick your guy with your first pick and pick up some extra draft capital while just moving back a few slots and still getting a shot at one of the OT's.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Giants got #1 locked up, everyone else is playing for #2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:46 am 

Do have to say that our UDFA QB looks better than the Giants UDFA QB.

Not much, but from the HC on down the G-Men looked like they did not think they had any chance to win in Dallas, at least the Bears players seem to respect Bagent, even with his limitations, so we do have a decent backup for next year.

Panthers must be realizing that they really screwed up by drafting Young at #1, and they do not have any draft capital to build around him, Texans appear to have totally outsmarted them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I've had a long standing tradition of being against drafting WR's high in the first round. Marvin Harrison, Jr is destroying that mentality for me. The overall number 1 pick looks to be a dog fight between more teams than usual. It was first going to be Carolina, Arizona, and the Bears. Here come the Patriots, Giants, Titans, and Broncos to the mix. It seems there are more teams than usual fighting it out for the bottom of the barrel this year.

yes, there will be over-reaching on QB's, but I don't see Marvin making it past the 2nd pick. Even if Carolina finishes worse than the Bears...it's highly possible that pick will max out at 3. The Giants, Arizona look even worse than both the Bears and Panthers.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:26 am 

The Giants have quit halfway through the season, and that is a really bad look for a coach. That game yesterday was virtually unwatchable. A small handful of guys looked like they were trying, everyone else looked like they were ready for the season to be over already. Any win from this point out would be a massive upset. And they haven't even played the Eagles yet.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:30 am 

man of few opinions wrote:
The Giants have quit halfway through the season, and that is a really bad look for a coach. That game yesterday was virtually unwatchable. A small handful of guys looked like they were trying, everyone else looked like they were ready for the season to be over already. Any win from this point out would be a massive upset. And they haven't even played the Eagles yet.

Daboll looks like he hates that team more than anybody. Every sideline shot he looks like a disappointed tv sitcom dad.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:38 am 

he looked lost and afraid to me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:57 am 

BigW72 wrote:
I've had a long standing tradition of being against drafting WR's high in the first round. Marvin Harrison, Jr is destroying that mentality for me. The overall number 1 pick looks to be a dog fight between more teams than usual. It was first going to be Carolina, Arizona, and the Bears. Here come the Patriots, Giants, Titans, and Broncos to the mix. It seems there are more teams than usual fighting it out for the bottom of the barrel this year.

yes, there will be over-reaching on QB's, but I don't see Marvin making it past the 2nd pick. Even if Carolina finishes worse than the Bears...it's highly possible that pick will max out at 3. The Giants, Arizona look even worse than both the Bears and Panthers.

The old draft mindset used to be that when you have a top 10 pick you should always draft someone that lines up within 10 feet of the QB, so QB or offensive/defensive lineman, they impact the game on every play and having top level talent there is essential.

The rules of course have changed to favor the offense, so a top WR changes things because he will draw PI, holding, or illegal contact penalties anytime the ball is put in his vicinity, you see the top QB's using this as a bail out mechanism all the time late in games, Brady got these type calls all day.

Franchise level LT's also change the game, look at San Fran without Trent Williams, a totally different team.

Still think you take the Penn State OT if he is there with your second first round pick, you add a good center and you have a very solid offensive line which would make life easier for your QB.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Thanks Denver!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:54 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Nas wrote:
Thanks Denver!

:lol:
Worth the terrible game to see... whatever that was at the end.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Darkside wrote:
Nas wrote:
Thanks Denver!

:lol:
Worth the terrible game to see... whatever that was at the end.

That was an insane ending.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:39 am 

I think the Pats have enough where they won't be in the mix for #1. The Giants are the team that has declared the full on tank is happening. What we really need from them is Tommy Devito getting injured so they have to go back to Tyrod Taylor.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:38 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I think the Pats have enough where they won't be in the mix for #1. The Giants are the team that has declared the full on tank is happening. What we really need from them is Tommy Devito getting injured so they have to go back to Tyrod Taylor.

I agree the Giants are awful, and the biggest threat to Carolina's pick. They are -148 in points. Pats a distant second at -97.

I will say, the Pats are pretty bad, and if Belicheck is staying, he knows a year of tanking isn't getting him fired. Belicheck definitely isn't going to pull a Lovie, and go all out trying to win a week 18 game.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:10 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
casual fan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I agree the Giants are awful, and the biggest threat to Carolina's pick. They are -148 in points. Pats a distant second at -97.

I will say, the Pats are pretty bad, and if Belicheck is staying, he knows a year of tanking isn't getting him fired. Belicheck definitely isn't going to pull a Lovie, and go all out trying to win a week 18 game.

Belichick will be gone after the season.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:50 am 

It should have been obvious a couple of weeks ago Denver was not a threat for a top pick. Sean Payton can coach, Bears should have canned Flus and hired Payton when they had the chance.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:06 am 

They should hire Bellichick to replace Poles, and Harbaugh for HC.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:22 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
It should have been obvious a couple of weeks ago Denver was not a threat for a top pick. Sean Payton can coach, Bears should have canned Flus and hired Payton when they had the chance.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:46 am 
1000 CLUB

casual fan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Giants are the biggest threat. I will be rooting for them vs. the Patriots in that upcoming epic battle.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: The Forum
The Patriots are dreadful, and appear to have 3 primetime games still on the docket. Those crummy games need to be flexed out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:22 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Tyrod Taylor has been hurt, that the only reason DeVito is playing. They didn't choose to go to DeVito over Taylor. As soon as Taylor is healthy DeVito is history. The scary thing about the Giants is that they haven't been tanking. They are just this bad.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:41 pm 

Yes the Giants suck, thank you for reminding us on a daily basis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

Tyrod Taylor has been hurt, that the only reason DeVito is playing. They didn't choose to go to DeVito over Taylor. As soon as Taylor is healthy DeVito is history. The scary thing about the Giants is that they haven't been tanking. They are just this bad.

Taylor is going to be out for at least the next two weeks, it may be 3 weeks (not completely sure, but he was placed on IR meaning 4 weeks). They would have to go back to Taylor if he comes back this season because DeVito is so bad that even if you're tanking, you have to at least go with a QB who can throw a pass. Just hope that Taylor is able to get back in the next 2-3 weeks before they begin moving into off-season/get healthy mode.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:04 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Yes the Giants suck, thank you for reminding us on a daily basis

Thank you for reminding everyone what a dumbass you are on a post-by-post basis.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:07 pm 

BD wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Taylor is going to be out for at least the next two weeks, it may be 3 weeks (not completely sure, but he was placed on IR meaning 4 weeks). They would have to go back to Taylor if he comes back this season because DeVito is so bad that even if you're tanking, you have to at least go with a QB who can throw a pass. Just hope that Taylor is able to get back in the next 2-3 weeks before they begin moving into off-season/get healthy mode.

Devito has one more TD pass this season than Daniel Jones, in 106 fewer pass attempts.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:14 pm 

I believe you insisted the Giants had no choice but to pay Daniel Jones, just last year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:19 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I believe you insisted the Giants had no choice but to pay Daniel Jones, just last year.

They didn't, they were committed to him after the success the team had last year. I would have preferred it have been in the form of the franchise tag, but as a fan you don't always get what you want.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next