It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Because keeping Fields is an uninformed opinion.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:15 am 

80% of Bears fans saw the last 3 years of Bears football and said "Give me some more please!"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
veganfan21 wrote:
86% of Chicago disagrees about that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:17 am 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
crayphish wrote:
I don’t see a lot of great in what Williams does. I see a lot of extremely athletic playmakers praying on lesser competition, Williams get them the ball, they do the rest. In the NFL plays like that will get shut down.

This is the type of analysis I'm looking for. None of the score inspired "throw da bums drivel" that you usually get around here. If you're a "guru" then should be able to state "definitively", as Keyshawn Johnson did, whether you think this kid is going to be either great or terrible and stand on it. Thanks

Right there on page 1.

You just don't like the answer.

Some. Not all. And there are quite a few guys rolling with me on Fields. Though I'm not one to boast. The "just move on from Fields" and all will be great is the silly type of bullshit that I just to hear on the Score all of the time from hosts and some guests. Not the better ones though. That makes no sense and is just stupid and lazy "analysis" to be honest. Or "it really isn't about Caleb Williams and Justin Fields, when it is clearly about Justin Fields.

of course there are people who would stay with Fields. That's why there are pages of discussion. I don't know what there is to boast about. I'd say 50% of the people agree with you. This isn't some us against the world situation

That's why I'm wondering why people are aghast that people want to keep the guy. Hell 80% of Chicago agrees with me.

This was supposed to be the no excuses year. He had talent in the skills positions and an acceptable line. He improved. He didn't improve enough.

As I've said, if we didn't have the unique situation of having the #1, we would be talking about how to maximize what we have. It also happens that a qb (or more) players with an exceptional scouting report are in this draft. We wouldn't move on from Fields if the alternative was Pickett.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:18 am 

good dolphin wrote:

This was supposed to be the no excuses year. He had talent in the skills positions and an acceptable line. He improved. He didn't improve enough.

As I've said, if we didn't have the unique situation of having the #1, we would be talking about how to maximize what we have.

So you are firmly in the Caleb Camp?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:21 am 

good dolphin wrote:

As I've said, if we didn't have the unique situation of having the #1, we would be talking about how to maximize what we have.

So you are firmly in the Caleb Camp?

Seriously?

Page 1.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:23 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

You're misunderstanding. Quantity doesn't mean quality. I'm saying 86% of those fans have poor reasoning behind their pro Fields opinions, if any reasoning is involved at all. Most of it is pure emotion and feeling. As an example, you can't point to anything for your support of Fields except that other people support Fields too. This is a classic case of the bandwagon fallacy - because other people say X, then X must be true. That's all you have. You have nothing and the same is true for the thousands out there praying to Keyshawn Johnson that Fields be on the team next year.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:33 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

You're misunderstanding. Quantity doesn't mean quality. I'm saying 86% of those fans have poor reasoning behind their pro Fields opinions,
No their reasoning (as a LONG TIME FOOTBALL GUY KNOWS) is based on the fact that the kid is a big time talent with a very high ceiling. That is what I am basing it on. And just like you believe that he hasn't shown enough to warrant keeping him, I don't think he has "failed" enough to warrant giving up on him. QBs with those tools do not come along all that often. And they damn sure don't come along for squads like the Bears for whatever reason. Thus imo unless you think that Caleb Williams will be better, then you have to stick with Fields. And I haven't even factored in the MAJOR haul that they could get for trading the pick either. Thus Poles cannot just simply "move on" from Fields and all will be great. That's silly. Its the same rationale that I heard with the Sox and Larussa around here. They "moved on" from him and proceeded to lose 20 more games. Same with the Bulls and Hoiberg. Only to him up with a dumbass like Boylen. "Moving ON" for the sake of "MOVING ON" (As A Long Time Sports Guy Like Me Knows) is often a fool's errand that comes back to bite franchises. Which also is what football expert KEYSHAWN JOHNSON happened to be discussing. You miss with WIlliams and "WE" will be having this same conversation in 3 years about him.

The Bears are built to win now, and can't afford to screw this up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:37 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

You're misunderstanding. Quantity doesn't mean quality. I'm saying 86% of those fans have poor reasoning behind their pro Fields opinions,
No their reasoning (as a LONG TIME FOOTBALL GUY KNOWS) is based on the fact that the kid is a big time talent with a very high ceiling. That is what I am basing it on. And just like you believe that he hasn't shown enough to warrant keeping him, I don't think he has "failed" enough to warrant giving up on him. QBs with those tools do not come along all that often. And they damn sure don't come along for squads like the Bears for whatever reason. Thus imo unless you think that Caleb Williams will be better, then you have to stick with Fields. And I haven't even factored in the MAJOR haul that they could get for trading the pick either. Thus Poles cannot just simply "move on" from Fields and all will be great. That's silly. Its the same rationale that I heard with the Sox and Larussa around here. They "moved on" from him and proceeded to lose 20 more games. Same with the Bulls and Hoiberg. Only to him up with a dumbass like Boylen. "Moving ON" for the sake of "MOVING ON" (As A Long Time Sports Guy Like Me Knows) is often a fool's errand that comes back to bite franchises. Which also is what football expert KEYSHAWN JOHNSON happened to be discussing. You miss with WIlliams and "WE" will be having this same conversation in 3 years about him.

The Bears are built to win now, and can't afford to screw this up.

If they are built to win now, why didn’t they?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
They’re not built to win now.

They need considerable improvement across 40-50% of the starters before they can reasonably expect to make the playoffs. Getting competent QB play would go a long way.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:40 am 

If the Bears are built to win now then why didn't Fields win more last year?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:41 am 

that the kid is a big time talent talented at what? Show your work and provide hard proof of this talent. I've already provided proof that places Fields as the 23rd best passer in the league after 40 games of starting experience in the NFL- are you saying this is acceptable?[/color]. with a very high ceiling. What indicates he has a high ceiling? Provide proof. That is what I am basing it on. And just like you believe that he hasn't shown enough to warrant keeping him, I don't think he has "failed" enough to warrant giving up on him. QBs with those tools do not come along all that often. What tools and how have those tools added value to the Bears? Provide hard proof.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

That's why I'm wondering why people are aghast that people want to keep the guy. Hell 80% of Chicago agrees with me.

Ill bet 80% of Cubs fans wanted them to keep Bryant , Rizzo, and Baez. All who were far more accomplished in their careers than Justin Fields will ever be . Well shit, turns out the right move was moving on from each one of them. I guess thats why teams dont let fans make personnel decisions . Weird.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:52 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

They need considerable improvement across 40-50% of the starters before they can reasonably expect to make the playoffs. Getting competent QB play would go a long way.

Not to mention theyre still the worst team in the division and the teams above them arent going away .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:56 am 

Improvement would help but you could drop Stroud in here tomorrow and this team would be good enough to compete with Detroit for divisional supremacy. As you know, Stroud was dropped into a team that tied Chicago for the worst record last year. That roster is not that much different than Chicago's - Stroud was the difference.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:06 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

Ill bet 80% of Cubs fans wanted them to keep Bryant , Rizzo, and Baez. All who were far more accomplished in their careers than Justin Fields will ever be . Well shit, turns out the right move was moving on from each one of them. I guess thats why teams dont let fans make personnel decisions . Weird.
No one said that they should. It's just rather stupid to suggest that it is asinine to believe that the Bears should keep the guy when 80% of the fanbase believes he should be kept. It also makes no sense to keep suggesting that they should "move on" when you have no clue as to who they should move on too.

I take it that you are firmly in the Caleb Williams camp then?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:07 pm 

Yep firmly in. Caleb Williams will be a better professional quarterback than Justin Fields. Which really isn’t saying much because that bar is pretty low so I’m confident I’ll be proven correct.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:10 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Yep firmly in. Caleb Williams will be a better professional quarterback than Justin Fields. Which really isn’t saying much because that bar is pretty low so I’m confident I’ll be proven correct.

Ok cool. Got you down.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Look out CFMB! The guy that said Patrick Williams will be better than Kawhi Leonard is taking receipts!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:26 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Look out CFMB! The guy that said Patrick Williams will be better than Kawhi Leonard is taking receipts!

I don’t know what he is keeping receipts for.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hawg Ass wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

….

Last edited by denisdman on Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hawg Ass wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Tax season. The doctor is organized as a P.C.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:08 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
And the guy that is too "spooked" to proclaim that Caleb Williams will be better than Justin Fields, clearly is not. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:09 pm 

Doesn't want to show his work. How predictable. Doing the work would demonstrate Fields is objectively a poor quarterback.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:13 pm 

Yes they are.
They need considerable improvement across 40-50% of the starters

This is not what I have been gathering for the numerous posts on here. It seems from reading the posts of MANY here, The Bears are simply a competent QB away from really making some noise. That is what I'm inferring from the comments. Seems that they have good to very good players at every position and the thing that is holding them back is Fields.
[quote="This Ends in Antioch"]before they can reasonably expect to make the playoffs..[/quote) They nearly made it this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Caller Bob wrote:
And the guy that is too "spooked" to proclaim that Caleb Williams will be better than Justin Fields, clearly is not. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caller Bob wrote:
At worst, most likely Caleb Williams is another Fields. That's the floor. Even in this bad scenario, you did reset the QB clock.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=131394

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:31 pm 

Dr. Style's thoughts on this make a lot more sense when you realize that one of the most prominent and influential Jews in history was named Caleb.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:32 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Caller Bob wrote:
At worst, most likely Caleb Williams is another Fields. That's the floor. Even in this bad scenario, you did reset the QB clock.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=131394

Ok so you have Williams to be better. Cool.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:33 pm 

Brick wrote:
Dr. Style's thoughts on this make a lot more sense when you realize that one of the most prominent and influential Jews in history was named Caleb.

Don't know whom that is thus I guess it doesn't. Though with comments like this the "victim" label doesn't quite jive when it comes to you does it? Just Asking A Question

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:34 pm 

Williams first 3 years in the NFL he is going to put up much better numbers than Fields did his first 3 years.

I think there is a chance that Fields ends up a better quarterback going forward but that require Fields learning how to throw.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 75  Next