It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
You think Fields is such a great QB, but a "value" of $50 causes you to back down again.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=131319&start=1530#p4016816

Nah I have at least $150 on the wood betting with him numbnuts.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 9:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
No you don't.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 9:14 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
No you don't.

Another thing you're lying about. With conviction no less. Have you no shame flim flamming?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 9:28 pm 

Nas wrote:
Arm and athletic traits matter, but I think the ability to process information under pressure and the ability to handle pressure in critical moments are what you need to be a consistent Super Bowl quarterback. Tom Terrific and Mahomes should make that clear. Neither has huge arms or elite athletic traits. Both are elite at processing and handling pressure in critical moments.

Long before those 2 There was Joe Montana who processed well also and they still proceeded to draft the guys who had cannons for arms later.
And I get both sides of the argument, but if I had a choice between a guy whose primary attribute is his arm, as opposed to one whose primary attribute is his ability to process I'm going with the guy with the arm first.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 9:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Imagine what Joe Montana would have done with weapons and an OLine!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 9:44 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Imagine what Joe Montana would have done with weapons and an OLine!

Flim Flamming Frank. Your source for "Original Thoughts" :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 9:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Nas wrote:
Arm and athletic traits matter, but I think the ability to process information under pressure and the ability to handle pressure in critical moments are what you need to be a consistent Super Bowl quarterback. Tom Terrific and Mahomes should make that clear. Neither has huge arms or elite athletic traits. Both are elite at processing and handling pressure in critical moments.

Long before those 2 There was Joe Montana who processed well also and they still proceeded to draft the guys who had cannons for arms later.
And I get both sides of the argument, but if I had a choice between a guy whose primary attribute is his arm, as opposed to one whose primary attribute is his ability to process I'm going with the guy with the arm first.

Of course. The arm and athletic traits are easier to measure. At the very least, you would think someone would have come up with a tool to measure the processing part. It ain't general intelligence.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 10:01 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Of course. The arm and athletic traits are easier to measure. At the very least, you would think someone would have come up with a tool to measure the processing part. It ain't general intelligence.

Athletic traits are no only easier to measure, they are more highly valued also. As evidenced by where they tend to be drafted. On average the guys with the guns for arms will always go higher.
And that is why the "Fields Cult" has stood at with him. It's because of his athletic gifts. Gifts which Caleb Williams simply doesn't have.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 10:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Bears should start sharing video of the past two days of OTAs tomorrow. The media will get to watch on Friday. Mini camp is next Tues-Thurs. I believe all 3 days are open to the media.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 10:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Athletic traits are no only easier to measure, they are more highly valued also. As evidenced by where they tend to be drafted. On average the guys with the guns for arms will always go higher.
And that is why the "Fields Cult" has stood at with him. It's because of his athletic gifts. Gifts which Caleb Williams simply doesn't have.

Fields has a strong arm. Williams has a better arm than Fields, both in terms of strength and talent. I’m not even sure what we’re talking about now.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 12:19 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Fields has a strong arm. Williams has a better arm than Fields, both in terms of strength and talent. I’m not even sure what we’re talking about now.

Williams arm is not stronger than Fields. I know we're not really Justin Fields around these parts, but let's not be silly.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 6:15 am 

Fields has a good arm. Williams has a better arm.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10116128-qb-coach-caleb-williams-is-like-patrick-mahomes-has-1st-percentile-arm-strength
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-insider-albert-breer-unveils-203802344.html
https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/story/_/id/39879308/caleb-williams-usc-2024-nfl-draft-scouting-report-rankings-stats

This really shouldn't be a debate. In terms of throwing, Williams blows Fields out of the water in every category. That's mostly because Fields can't throw. That's the biggest knock on Fields. He can't throw.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 6:31 am 

Here at CFMB (Rapidly in decline by the way) you just always seem to get the sort of (off the wall) analysis that you won't find anywhere else. From a Flim Flamming Frank (who'll tell you that firing Kenny and Tony is the key to ending all Sox woes) to a Caller Bob (Who'll tell you that perennial All Star players like Deaaron Fox suck as basketball players) To the wannabe football gurus like (name your poster) who'll tell that guys with cannons like Justin Fields simply cannot throw,, you'll find the sort of analysis that you just won't get anywhere else.
Now ask yourself homeboy, Why Is That?

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/geo ... m-updates/

Quote:
Fields came to Georgia as the top-rated dual-threat quarterback in America. So, naturally, everybody in the Bulldogs’ spring camp is talking about how great his arm is. “Cannon” seemed to be the consensus description.

Players and coaches fielded a lot of questions Tuesday about Georgia’s latest 5-star sensation. The Bulldogs held their first of 15 workouts at Woodruff Practice Fields and, not surprisingly, all eyes were on Fields as he trotted out in a No. 1 Georgia jersey for the first time.

Javon Wims, watching practice from the sidelines on Tuesday, has had the opportunity to throw and catch with the 6-foot-3, 225-pound freshman. The Bulldogs’ leading receiver from last season has been in town training for the pro day workout Wednesday, and Fields has thrown some routes with him.

“Great arm,” Wims said. “Cannon.”

And that was a description that was offered over and over.

“He’s got a cannon,” junior tight end Isaac Nauta said. “He’s a big, physical kid. … He’s a really good kid, too. I like the way he acts and his demeanor. He doesn’t get too big of a head. He’s very level-headed. And coming in to a place like this that’s what you’ve got to be.”

Senior wideout Terry Godwin said, “He’s got a nice arm. He’s a quarterback. We’re not recruiting a guy who doesn’t have a great arm. … But, overall, he’s a great guy. In 7-on-7, he’s been out there throwing the ball, knowing the checks and everything. He’s carrying himself very well.”

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 6:38 am 

That's from his freshman year in college and it is comparing him to college players. He had an above average arm compared to his peers in the NFL draft but nowhere near what Williams has.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 6:51 am 

Brick wrote:
That's from his freshman year in college and it is comparing him to college players. He had an above average arm compared to his peers in the NFL draft but nowhere near what Williams has.

At CFMB (Rapidly in decline by the way) you always just seem to find the sort of "insight" and "analysis" that you simply will not find anywhere else. Analysis and insight which suggests that Justin Fields "cannot throw" when the eye test clearly tells anyone that kid has a rocket for an arm. An absolute gun.
https://www.news-herald.com/2023/12/14/ ... or-browns/

Quote:
Maybe the most arm strength we’ve seen all year,” Browns defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz said Dec. 14. “I mean, just an absolute cannon for an arm. And he can throw those individual routes on the outside part of the field, and he does have strength and speed to be able to run

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 6:58 am 

In whose world but CFMB's would a dude whose actual scouting reads "can make all the throws" simultaneously also be someone who "can't throw"? Doesn't that seem a bit like an "oxymoron" to you? Just Asking A Question
https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2021/2/18 ... tin-fields

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 7:13 am 

Brick wrote:

At CFMB (Rapidly in decline by the way) you always just seem to find the sort of "insight" and "analysis" that you simply will not find anywhere else. Analysis and insight which suggests that Justin Fields "cannot throw" when the eye test clearly tells anyone that kid has a rocket for an arm. An absolute gun.
https://www.news-herald.com/2023/12/14/ ... or-browns/

Quote:
Maybe the most arm strength we’ve seen all year,” Browns defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz said Dec. 14. “I mean, just an absolute cannon for an arm. And he can throw those individual routes on the outside part of the field, and he does have strength and speed to be able to run

Justin Fields would go on to throw for 166 yards with 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions averaging 8.7 yards per completion against the Browns that weekend. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 7:14 am 

In whose world but CFMB's would a dude whose actual scouting reads "can make all the throws" simultaneously also be someone who "can't throw"? Doesn't that seem a bit like an "oxymoron" to you? Just Asking A Question

If you want, I can change it to "can't throw in actual games".

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 7:19 am 

Brick wrote:

You just can't find this insight anywhere else.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Justin-Fields-QB-
Quote:
OhioState
Strengths
Fields plays with rhythm and makes the game look effortless. He has a great throwing technique which produces great zip and velocity. He has a quick release and is a gunslinger with unbelievable arm strength - produces an exceptional deep ball

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 7:24 am 
100000 CLUB

The knock on Fields is his touch and processing. He has a plus NFL arm.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 7:26 am 

Brick wrote:

Watch noted CFMB "aficionado" as he tries to make the all too familiar move in order to "wiggle" out of trouble after making an utterly but all too common around here, ridiculous statement.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bears/news/best- ... eep-throws

Quote:
While many metrics on Fields passing have been good, the one which has been on his side throughout his time in the NFL and college is his deep passing.

According to Pro Football Focus tracking, he entered last week's game with a ridiculous 135.4 passer rating on throws of 20-plus yards. Then he hit DJ Moore on the deep TD pass of 39 yards.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 7:34 am 

Nas wrote:

This is the thing that I find rather "odd" about the "analysis" that I find here. Person after person on here, (With Flim Flamming Frank being the latest to make this dumbass statement) have stated that "supporting cast doesn’t matter when it comes to Justin Fields, yet all I've seen since the Bears decided to go with Caleb Williams is the Bears beef up his supporting cast with the very same guys lauding them for it. They also stated that coaching didn't matter either, yet the Bears also fired the his coach also. Doesn’t that seem just a tad bit "counter intuitive" to say the least?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 7:48 am 

Nas wrote:

He has a good NFL arm. He can't throw in NFL games though.

Williams has a better arm and hopefully cant throw in NFL games.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 7:53 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

This is the thing that I find rather "odd" about the "analysis" that I find here. Person after person on here, (With Flim Flamming Frank being the latest to make this dumbass statement) have stated that "supporting cast doesn’t matter when it comes to Justin Fields, yet all I've seen since the Bears decided to go with Caleb Williams is the Bears beef up his supporting cast with the very same guys lauding them for it. They also stated that coaching didn't matter either, yet the Bears also fired the his coach also. Doesn’t that seem just a tad bit "counter intuitive" to say the least?

The games will be played soon. We'll see what Fields, Getsy, and Caleb are able to accomplish this season.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 7:54 am 

Generally speaking, most NFL QB have great arms. That’s why noodle arm Bagent stood out so much.

The “he can make all the throws” comment was probably applied to 90%+ of starters coming out of college.

Williams gets the Mahomes comps because his arm is incredibly strong and he has shown unique talent in his understanding of how to throw the ball.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 8:03 am 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

The games will be played soon. We'll see what Fields, Getsy, and Caleb are able to accomplish this season.

I'm looking forward to it. In the immortal words of NBA great Mark Aguirre, just roll that damn balls out. I'll be down in Houston the weekend of the game with the Texans. I might just check the game out while I'm there.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 8:13 am 

Generally speaking, most NFL QB have great arms. That’s why noodle arm Bagent stood out so much.

The “he can make all the throws” comment was probably applied to 90%+ of starters coming out of college.

Williams gets the Mahomes comps because his arm is incredibly strong and he has shown unique talent in his understanding of how to throw the ball.

An actual NFL coach stated that he had the strongest arm (possibly) that he'd seen all season in December of last year.
The kid has a rocket of an arm. To constantly suggest that he "can't throw" is just silly and more of the same Ole "consensus" speak that this joint is known for.
Don't believe Keyshawn, who has seen and played more High Level Football Combined than everyone here, take the word of someone like CFMB Brick, who knows that if he says dumb shit like "can't throw" or "can't throw in games" will never be lambasted, or even challenged because he's amongst ", long time internet friends. But hey. No worries "mate". Just roll the goddamn balls out! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 8:28 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm looking forward to it. In the immortal words of NBA great Mark Aguirre, just roll that damn balls out. I'll be down in Houston the weekend of the game with the Texans. I might just check the game out while I'm there.

There are a lot of great storyline this year.

That game should be a good one. You, Fletch and crew aren't traveling to a game this year?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 8:32 am 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

There are a lot of great storyline this year.

That game should be a good one. You, Fletch and crew aren't traveling to a game this year?

Yeah they will be there. They already have their spots locked in. Don't know if they have started popping their party passes off yet though. They will have a little competition I believe this year from a few quarters on that though. For awhile they had a monopoly on the market with what they were doing. But there are a few groups trying to make inroads each and every year now.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 8:44 am 

An actual NFL coach stated that he had the strongest arm (possibly) that he'd seen all season in December of last year.
The kid has a rocket of an arm. To constantly suggest that he "can't throw" is just silly and more of the same Ole "consensus" speak that this joint is known for.
Don't believe Keyshawn, who has seen and played more High Level Football Combined than everyone here, take the word of someone like CFMB Brick, who knows that if he says dumb shit like "can't throw" or "can't throw in games" will never be lambasted, or even challenged because he's amongst ", long time internet friends. But hey. No worries "mate". Just roll the goddamn balls out! :lol: :lol:

He said it before the game. He was gassing the guy up. Wait’ll you find out Lou Holtz didn’t actually think all of his opponents were great.

Fields has a strong arm but hasn’t shown he’s able to use it consistently well in the context of an actual NFL football game. In this year’s draft, Joe Milton has a stronger arm than Caleb Williams but similarly, can’t play football as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next