It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nas wrote:

I yelled, "FUCK THAT ____!"

nincompoop?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Biological woman?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
Biological woman?

Winner!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

“I think kind of the moral of the story is that we shot ourselves in the foot too many times,” Fields said. ”Pre-snap penalties, false starts, holdings, and then when we put ourselves in third-and-longs, third-and-10, third-and-15s, it’s hard to convert on that for an NFL offense. So I think if we just clean that up, keep getting better every day, then we’ll be fine." #Accountability #MVP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:16 pm 

Nas wrote:
“I think kind of the moral of the story is that we shot ourselves in the foot too many times,” Fields said. ”Pre-snap penalties, false starts, holdings, and then when we put ourselves in third-and-longs, third-and-10, third-and-15s, it’s hard to convert on that for an NFL offense. So I think if we just clean that up, keep getting better every day, then we’ll be fine." #Accountability #MVP

Wow! Whoever is the team psychologist, I'm willing to see him twice a week at 3 hundo per session.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i told you guys it was an OSU Qb and that you never draft an OSU Qb... logically asinine, I know but here we are.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
hnd wrote:
i told you guys it was an OSU Qb and that you never draft an OSU Qb... logically asinine, I know but here we are.

And he was at Ohio State because he couldn't beat out Jake Fromm at Georgia. Not like Kirby Smart is some stupid coach either.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I want to know how $275M Joe Burrow can be benched in the 4th qtr. Why not our QB1?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Bend wrote:
hnd wrote:

And he was at Ohio State because he couldn't beat out Jake Fromm at Georgia. Not like Kirby Smart is some stupid coach either.

If Eberflus had allowed a QB competition in training camp, he would have been beaten out by Bagent. And Bagent is likely nothing better than "just a guy".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
I want to know how $275M Joe Burrow can be benched in the 4th qtr. Why not our QB1?

“I think kind of the moral of the story is that we shot ourselves in the foot too many times,” Fields said. ”Pre-snap penalties, false starts, holdings, and then when we put ourselves in third-and-longs, third-and-10, third-and-15s, it’s hard to convert on that for an NFL offense. So I think if we just clean that up, keep getting better every day, then we’ll be fine."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tall Midget wrote:
Bend wrote:
hnd wrote:

If Eberflus had allowed a QB competition in training camp, he would have been beaten out by Bagent. And Bagent is likely nothing better than "just a guy".

Fuck you Dan Bernstein. You know who else is just a guy? Now The SF QBs and Tom fucking Brady. Some of these assholes wouldn’t know QB staring back at them able to win.

What I mean is “bad” guy cuz he is white and can’t get a shot Pagent might be shit. He also could be TB12. No one knows except Bears people. The know the wrong answer.

Last edited by pittmike on Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:44 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Bend wrote:
hnd wrote:

There wasn't actual competition at any position. Not one player on this roster, aside from Bagent, "earned" a spot. And they just brought back Peterman and dumped him at third string the day after cuts.

A couple of old Pace guys, Vildor and Gipson, got ran out of town (and you can't tell me they would've been worse than what we saw today) but nobody elevated themselves. Meanwhile you had Nate Davis doing training camp WFH and Chase Claypool not caring at all. It was a joke. No less a country club than the Nagy years, its just that Eberflus is more inconspicuous about it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:47 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Bend wrote:
hnd wrote:

Fuck you Dan Bernstein. You know who else is just a guy? Now The SF QBs and Tom fucking Brady. Some of these assholes wouldn’t know QB staring back at them able to win.

Put the knives away. Brock Purdy began last season behind Trey Lance and Tom Brady his rookie year was behind Drew Bledsoe. Bagent playing better but not starting isn't really an indictment on the coaches (though there is plenty where that came from), its just illustrating how mediocre Justin Fields is that some D2 guy outplayed him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:49 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I think the Bears are like the WhiteSox where they are terrible at developing talent. Instead the make the talent regress.

If the Bears drafted MaHomes they'd find a way to ruin him. He'd probably be 2nd/3rd string right now on some other team on the way out of the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:43 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Quote:
The 33rd Team

2023 NFL Week 1: Justin Fields Running Out of Excuses in Chicago

Derrik Klassen

Week 1 Woes
Fields needs to check three boxes this season to earn the Bears’ trust: prove he can handle more of the offense, make quicker decisions and throw with accuracy. Even checking two of those boxes could be enough to get him over the hump, considering what he offers as a runner.

Fields didn’t check a single one of those boxes against the Green Bay Packers in Week 1.

We don’t even need to look into Fields’ individual play to start to understand how he’s struggled to take the next step so far. Getsy’s play-calling says it all.

For one, Fields was barely asked to throw the ball down the field. Fields’ average depth of target (3.7) and average yards to the sticks (-6.7) were both the second lowest in the league through the afternoon slate of games. Only Desmond Ridder was worse in both categories, and it was painfully obvious watching that game how little the Atlanta Falcons trust Ridder right now.

‘Baby-Proofed’ Offense
It goes deeper than the stats. So many of Getsy’s calls are intended to protect Fields from himself. For instance, many of their drive starters didn’t ask Fields to do a whole lot. In the middle of the first quarter, they opened with a half-field roll to cut the read in half and make things easy for Fields to read out. They opened with a flare screen to the running back two drives later, resulting in a seven-yard loss.

Getsy also didn’t trust Fields to throw on a third-and-7 from the Packers 28-yard line in the first quarter. He called a screen for Chase Claypool, which was tipped and dropped.

Right or wrong, Getsy wanted to guarantee three points instead of seeing what Fields could do. It says a lot about the quarterback when a play-caller effectively surrenders on a gettable third-down situation within scoring range.

It’s not hard to understand why the offense is still so baby-proofed, considering how Fields played on Sunday.

Fields didn’t at all look to have sped up his processing and decision-making. Not only did Fields finish with a 2.95-second time-to-throw average — the fifth-highest in the league so far — but he regularly held onto the ball for an eternity before ultimately scrambling.

Fields struggled all last season with triggering on throws unless they were completely wide open, and it doesn’t look like anything’s changed if the Packers game is any indication.

Same Old Problems
The same is true of Fields’ ball placement. Fields’ best throws are as tantalizing as it gets, but the more time passes, the more those throws feel like a siren song. The down-to-down accuracy still isn’t there. Per Next Gen Stats, Fields’ completion percentage over expectation was -7.2 percent against the Packers, the sixth-worst among the 28 quarterbacks who played before Sunday night.

The concern isn’t that Fields played poorly. It’s that Fields played poorly in the same exact ways we’ve seen him play poorly before. This wasn’t a case of wide receiver drops, miscommunication or an insurmountable scheme disadvantage. It wasn’t a fluke of any kind.

Fields was just the same kind of bad that we have tried to excuse and explain away for the past two seasons. At a certain point, this is who he is.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Fields didn’t at all look to have sped up his processing and decision-making. Not only did Fields finish with a 2.95-second time-to-throw average — the fifth-highest in the league so far

That’s going to blow a lot of narratives out there today because I’m seeing a lot of “he didn’t have time to throw“

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:59 am 

I think that any ball going downfield won't get thrown because HE WON'T THROW IT. What's a coordinator to do? I guess call plays where the pass is prepackaged like a handoff. Slants and screens and such.

It's the damnedest thing I ever seen. Literally nothing has changed in a year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:26 am 

Nardi wrote:
I think that any ball going downfield won't get thrown because HE WON'T THROW IT. What's a coordinator to do? I guess call plays where the pass is prepackaged like a handoff. Slants and screens and such.

There isn't much precedent for a player as bad as Fields is at passing in his first two years suddenly figuring it out. Steve Young is probably the best example but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one to work out and I don't think the Bears are the 90s 49ers either.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:

He looked a lot more hesitant running the ball, so there’s one change for you.

I’d argue he looked worse yesterday than he did most of last year in terms of one-read, staring guys down throws.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
Bend wrote:
Getting Jordan Love's mom tickets was a red flag right off the bat. If you're going to pretend to be "above" the rivarly you better have the play to back it up. This guy to this point hasn't had a game half as good as Mitch vs Tampa Bay in 2017.

Dude got high on his own supply in the off-sesaon. He bought his own hype and now he think he's the man. Good luck putting that genie back in the bottle. The Bears indulged it all too. They never pleaded caution, or said he has a ton of work still to do, or that things to this point where never near good enough.

I yelled, "FUCK THAT ____!"

Fields was just paying respect to the Bears new owner

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: John's
A bad intersection of the QB being bad and the head coach being a disaster as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:37 am 
100000 CLUB

Eberflus politely blamed Fields on Kap and Hood.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:48 am 

Nas wrote:

Has Fields blamed Fields? Sounds like he thinks some light housekeeping will do the trick.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Biggsy is the only one on The Score considering the possibility that the Bears called down field play calls and Fields kept throwing the check down.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:03 am 
100000 CLUB

blackhawksfan wrote:
Biggsy is the only one on The Score considering the possibility that the Bears called down field play calls and Fields kept throwing the check down.

Eberflus insinuated this was the case.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:04 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Has Fields blamed Fields? Sounds like he thinks some light housekeeping will do the trick.

He's on another planet where he's living up to the hype.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:10 am 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

He's on another planet where he's living up to the hype.

He has spent his whole career looking exactly like the player he was yesterday and people have been calling him an MVP candidate for it. His worldview has been calibrated to interpret his own mediocrity as greatness and that his failures are everyone else's fault.

These guys read the news and social media. They know what is being said about them and it affects them mentally.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: John's
He...can't...read... a...defense. This is year 3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:58 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
A bad intersection of the QB being bad and the head coach being a disaster as well.
The Bears live at this intersection.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 146  Next