It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:27 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Fields didn’t at all look to have sped up his processing and decision-making. Not only did Fields finish with a 2.95-second time-to-throw average — the fifth-highest in the league so far

That’s going to blow a lot of narratives out there today because I’m seeing a lot of “he didn’t have time to throw“

My eyes saw a guy who was unsure of what he wanted to do with the football. Not good for a 3rd season QB.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:31 am 

Juiced wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Fields didn’t at all look to have sped up his processing and decision-making. Not only did Fields finish with a 2.95-second time-to-throw average — the fifth-highest in the league so far

That’s going to blow a lot of narratives out there today because I’m seeing a lot of “he didn’t have time to throw“

My eyes saw a guy who was unsure of what he wanted to do with the football. Not good for a 3rd season QB.

This is the big problem with drafting QBs that play with such a massive talent advantage at the skill positions against almost everyone they play against. Now he is throwing to guys at best who are equally as talented as their defender instead of whoever Purdue and Rutgers have.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:31 am 

Nardi wrote:
I think that any ball going downfield won't get thrown because HE WON'T THROW IT. What's a coordinator to do? I guess call plays where the pass is prepackaged like a handoff. Slants and screens and such.

It's the damnedest thing I ever seen. Literally nothing has changed in a year.

Eberflus said today on Kap and Hood show that they took what the defense gave them. So your telling me GB is so terrified of Fields ability to throw deep and 10 yard passes that the Bears had no choice but to call 5 yard passes all game? GTFO out of here with that bullshit. Eberflus is a joke and his team knows it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:34 am 

Brick wrote:
Juiced wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

This is the big problem with drafting QBs that play with such a massive talent advantage at the skill positions against almost everyone they play against. Now he is throwing to guys at best who are equally as talented as their defender instead of whoever Purdue and Rutgers have.

Moore had 2 targets! 2! How does that happen? They didn't even call a screen to their best player when all they did was call screens all game!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Brick wrote:
Juiced wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Everyone seemed to recognize this and you had people mocking him at the end of the first and even early second during the season. Then the Clemson game happened and the hype roared back. Sure enough Clemson was in the Cheez-It Bowl the next year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Fields had 20 yards passing on 3rd down with a 10.7 rtg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Juiced wrote:
Moore had 2 targets! 2! How does that happen?

It happens because DJ Moore (and to an extent Darnell Mooney) is essentially playing a different game than Justin Fields and the rest of this offense. Trying to integrate DJ Moore, who wants to be downfield and working in space, into this offense which is a congested nightmare of colliding bodies and horizontal movement is like one person who only speaks Japanese trying to talk to another person who only speaks Xhosa.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:42 am 

Juiced wrote:
Brick wrote:
Juiced wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Moore had 2 targets! 2! How does that happen? They didn't even call a screen to their best player when all they did was call screens all game!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Juiced wrote:
Brick wrote:
Juiced wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

The only explanation is Fields had cold feet going to him and felt comfortable throwing to his guy Mooney. Competent QBs know how to feed their best guy no matter who's defending him.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I know these guys never played quarterback in the NFL so they’re not qualified to really talk about what a quarterback should be doing like Hawk wants but ….

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:20 pm 

Nice! Football jargon season has begun.

DEEP HANK!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Before the show has even started, Parkins is blaming the coaches for ruining Fields. And saying Fields did well when “not under pressure.” (Was the pick-6 considered pressure? If so, that’s bullshit.)

The coaching does appear to suck, but when it comes to Fields, isn’t it likely they know his flaws and limitations better than anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Before the show has even started, Parkins is blaming the coaches for ruining Fields. And saying Fields did well when “not under pressure.” (Was the pick-6 considered pressure? If so, that’s bullshit.)

The coaching does appear to suck, but when it comes to Fields, isn’t it likely they know his flaws and limitations better than anyone?

To extend the logic, defenses cannot rush the passer because it puts QBs under duress. So until the NFL changes that rule we'll never be able to see what Fields can really do.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:43 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

Better get used to that because if Fields flames out and isn’t re-signed that’s going to be the number one excuse. He would’ve been great if only…

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I don't know that the coaching sucks. Why do they demand Fields hold the ball for 10 seconds and not throw it to open receivers? Why are they okay Bagent getting rid of the ball in 2 seconds? It's because Fields is balck, right?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Jaw Breaker wrote:

It's probably going to be a while before the guys who did this stop making excuses for Fields.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

They're demanding 10-15 designed runs for Fields now. Last season they assured us Fields would take another step if he had someone to throw the ball to.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:45 pm 

At this point the FO and the coaching staff is going to have to find out for better or worse if Fields can be an effective downfield passer.

There is nothing wrong with going Bruce Arians/Winston Tampa Bay mode when he chucked up 30 interceptions. They aren’t going to find out what Fields can do downfield dialing up 85% of the passing game being within 5 yards of the LOS. He can’t be babied or afraid of negative results downfield at this juncture of his career. The only way he can gain confidence throwing downfield is to actually throw downfield.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:50 pm 

its becoming clear they are telling him to do that, but he can't see the downfield players.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: John's
He has DJ Moore for a huge gain here but misses it (Mooney too for a decent gain and he saves getting hit), he can't read the field.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:28 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

It's probably going to be a while before the guys who did this stop making excuses for Fields.

Play fakes like Rodgers !!!, audibles like Manning !!! it’s amazing that the 3 other general managers who were looking for quarterbacks in that draft didnt see those traits and are probably kicking themselves in the ass right now for not being aware of noted football talent evaluators Matt Spiegel and Danny Parkins acumen.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
badrogue17 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Play fakes like Rodgers !!!, audibles like Manning !!! it’s amazing that the 3 other general managers who were looking for quarterbacks in that draft didnt see those traits and are probably kicking themselves in the ass right now for not being aware of noted football talent evaluators Matt Spiegel and Danny Parkins acumen.

That has to be embarrassing for them. Maybe that is why they can't back down now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
the balloons really make it :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:51 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
“I think kind of the moral of the story is that we shot ourselves in the foot too many times,” Fields said. ”Pre-snap penalties, false starts, holdings, and then when we put ourselves in third-and-longs, third-and-10, third-and-15s, it’s hard to convert on that for an NFL offense. So I think if we just clean that up, keep getting better every day, then we’ll be fine." #Accountability #MVP

You have Fields' post game thoughts above and Mac Jones' below. This is what leadership sounds like below. Mac had 300 yards and 3 touchdowns too.

“I really didn’t throw any good passes on the first drive,” said Jones, via NESN’s Zack Cox. “So, a slow start, and it starts with me. I’ve just got to watch the tape and clean it up. But I definitely feel like we fought hard.

“The rookies played really well. The offensive line played really well. The skill players played really well. I definitely let the team down tonight. We couldn’t score early, and we just fell behind because of me. I just put it on myself.”

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
That's old time Score homer meatballism. Parkins knows what he's doing, being wrong gets more engagements than being right. I know everybody listened to Mike North because he was right all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
KDdidit wrote:
I know everybody listened to Mike North because he was right all the time.

HGH player of the day was legit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hug a Chinaman was HUGE.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Brick wrote:

you always get the sense that no receiver is open enough for Fields. Like if he had a guy running up the middle in broken coverage with a safety 15 yards to the right and a CB 10 yards to the left, Fields would pat the ball and wave the receiver over to the right a few more yards

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Jaw Breaker wrote:

How many turnovers did the all-pro qb of the Bills have last night? Think that the Bills knew his flaws and limitations? How about the Bengals all-pro guy Burrows did against the shitty Browns? Sit him on the bench right?

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
One Post wrote:
At this point the FO and the coaching staff is going to have to find out for better or worse if Fields can be an effective downfield passer.

There is nothing wrong with going Bruce Arians/Winston Tampa Bay mode when he chucked up 30 interceptions. They aren’t going to find out what Fields can do downfield dialing up 85% of the passing game being within 5 yards of the LOS. He can’t be babied or afraid of negative results downfield at this juncture of his career. The only way he can gain confidence throwing downfield is to actually throw downfield.

I agree with that. Whatever happened to play action also? Why, when you have a great athlete like Fields, make him stay in a don't leave the pocket order. I watched a game in which Fields was set upon by 3-4 defensive linemen and had to do a Harry Houdini escape act to make a couple of yards. Why not roll him out and let him improvise. What the hell are they afraid of?

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 146  Next