It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The Hawk wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Before the show has even started, Parkins is blaming the coaches for ruining Fields. And saying Fields did well when “not under pressure.” (Was the pick-6 considered pressure? If so, that’s bullshit.)

The coaching does appear to suck, but when it comes to Fields, isn’t it likely they know his flaws and limitations better than anyone?

How many turnovers did the all-pro qb of the Bills have last night? Think that the Bills knew his flaws and limitations? How about the Bengals all-pro guy Burrows did against the shitty Browns? Sit him on the bench right?

So Fields is on the same level as Burrow and Allen? Have you heard of "past performance" and "benefit of the doubt"?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Fields needs to be aggressive before the clock runs out. If he throws 5 picks in a game because he's being aggressive, I won't complain.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:02 pm 

Nas wrote:
Fields needs to be aggressive before the clock runs out. If he throws 5 picks in a game because he's being aggressive, I won't complain.

I posted something similar weeks back, if I was a Bears fan and he threw 4 Int's but they were down the field, I would dance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

I posted something similar weeks back, if I was a Bears fan and he threw 4 Int's but they were down the field, I would dance.

Someone said ( correctly) earlier that he just has to go all Jameis and see what you got . If its 30 picks and 40 TD’s you can work with that . If its 30 picks and 19 TD’s you know he isnt it . At least you’ll know either way. You’re not going to make the playoffs anyway so just let him go back there and sling it so you can make the determination if he’s the guy going forward. This shouldn’t be that hard.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:17 pm 

Why are you assuming he was given the red light. Maybe he has green but just didn't throw because he was slow on reads or on decisions.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Why are you assuming he was given the red light. Maybe he has green but just didn't throw because he was slow on reads or on decisions.

He reads it, but he holds it.

https://youtu.be/Vk5ZQ2epo54?si=isTUBdhDVmBDiO5m

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

Agreed. He has nothing to lose.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:38 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

I agree :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
"If Justin Fields averages 200 yards passing a game this year he'll get MVP votes."
-David Haugh 9/10 (The Reporters)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
veganfan21 wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Before the show has even started, Parkins is blaming the coaches for ruining Fields. And saying Fields did well when “not under pressure.” (Was the pick-6 considered pressure? If so, that’s bullshit.)

The coaching does appear to suck, but when it comes to Fields, isn’t it likely they know his flaws and limitations better than anyone?

How many turnovers did the all-pro qb of the Bills have last night? Think that the Bills knew his flaws and limitations? How about the Bengals all-pro guy Burrows did against the shitty Browns? Sit him on the bench right?

So Fields is on the same level as Burrow and Allen? Have you heard of "past performance" and "benefit of the doubt"?

What I am saying is that both Burrow and Allen had really shitty games despite having pro bowl and very good players on their teams. So, they shit the bed big time while Fields did not against a very good defense. I'd say that I have a good point. You may not like it but like I care about what you think :roll: :roll:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:26 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

Someone said ( correctly) earlier that he just has to go all Jameis and see what you got . If its 30 picks and 40 TD’s you can work with that . If its 30 picks and 19 TD’s you know he isnt it . At least you’ll know either way. You’re not going to make the playoffs anyway so just let him go back there and sling it so you can make the determination if he’s the guy going forward. This shouldn’t be that hard.

Yep. Keeping a guy in the pocket when you have a slip shod offensive line in front of him is really bad coaching.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:27 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

What I am saying is that both Burrow and Allen had really shitty games despite having pro bowl and very good players on their teams. So, they shit the bed big time while Fields did not against a very good defense. I'd say that I have a good point. You may not like it but like I care about what you think :roll: :roll:

This is one of the worst points I've ever read anywhere at any time.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:32 pm 

They need to get Roschon into the starting backfield and run play action off of him. Having Fields fake hand-offs to Roschon and force the safeties up would open up the offense.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:38 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

What I saw was them keeping Fields in the pocket the entire damned game. THis with horseshit play going on from the LG, LT and RT. As he went through his progressions, the Packers took away Mooney and Young and by the time Fields went to his 3rd guy he was sacked or harrassed. By doing this and not even play calling other shit, you are doomed to failure.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:12 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

My point would be if 85% of the play calls are designed first look throws on a slant or out or screen, Fields isn’t going to develop decision making ability or confidence.

Like next week the first play of the first series should be play action and Fields just throws it to Moore 30 yards downfield covered or not. You aren’t going to learn progression reads if 85% of the play calls are first option five yard passes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:21 pm 

Osullivan looked at all snaps in depth and said it's a mixture of bad design but also Fields not being decisive. It's a common theme. Peyton Manning said it himself during a Bears game. This guy's saying it. Throw. The. Fucking. Ball.

https://youtu.be/FiiK21VzI_o?si=rBl40BAQQVcRCUxt

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:32 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
They need to get Roschon into the starting backfield and run play action off of him. Having Fields fake hand-offs to Roschon and force the safeties up would open up the offense.

Why would I give a damn about a play fake when the quarterback can't throw the ball over my head?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:43 am 

No one wants to talk about this but Fields best chance at a massive payday is from not throwing with the idea that he will learn to throw. If he goes out there and throws 35 interceptions and 22 touchdowns he loses any chance of getting a $45 million plus per year deal. If he plays conservative that keeps open the potential that he is actually an able passer but something out of his control is stopping it from happening.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Brick wrote:
No one wants to talk about this but Fields best chance at a massive payday is from not throwing with the idea that he will learn to throw. If he goes out there and throws 35 interceptions and 22 touchdowns he loses any chance of getting a $45 million plus per year deal. If he plays conservative that keeps open the potential that he is actually an able passer but something out of his control is stopping it from happening.

If he repeats last year’s performance and the Bears pay him massive money (which I don’t see Poles doing) there would be a huge outcry from the fans.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:19 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Why would I give a damn about a play fake when the quarterback can't throw the ball over my head?

Yup, it's the same Bears offense we've seen for most of the past 25 years; only the names have changed.

Defenses crowd the line of scrimmage because the Bears have no vertical offensive attack.

Luke Getsy is 2023 for John Shoop.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:38 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Brick wrote:

If he repeats last year’s performance and the Bears pay him massive money (which I don’t see Poles doing) there would be a huge outcry from the fans.

There are a lot of people who still think Fields is not the reason the offense is bad.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:00 am 

Disagree, brick. The flaws are out there for the whole league to see. The only people who hold out hope that he can be something spectacular are dumbass fanboys in Chicago. I can see a legit QB guru like Shanahan taking a flyer on him to mold him into a capable backup. But he's not getting Megastar money - the reason he fell in the draft is becoming clearer the more he plays.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Tall Midget wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Yup, it's the same Bears offense we've seen for most of the past 25 years; only the names have changed.

Defenses crowd the line of scrimmage because the Bears have no vertical offensive attack.

Luke Getsy is 2023 for John Shoop.

John Shoop, Mike Martz, Matt Nagy, Luke Getsy and Marc Trestman from an offensive coach/coordinator position. That's a bad 25 years.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Just the thing that you want to hear from your franchise quarterback.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
He knows why, but he doesn't want to say.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Well he already trashed his offensive line in the post game press conference. Probably got told not to do that again.

Him shitting on the coaching and hurling blame at anyone but himself will probably come around week nine. You can't take a guy who was the man in high school, the man in college (had to transfer, and was willing to) then expect him to really believe he's the problem in the pro's. Especially not when the local media was casting their MVP votes for him before the season started.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I think they should give some serious thought to just leaning into to the running QB thing.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:57 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I think they should give some serious thought to just leaning into to the running QB thing.

Very easy to defend if that's all you're gonna do. You're gonna turn the Bears into whatever the 49ers were once Purdy and the backup went down in the title game.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
veganfan21 wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

Very easy to defend if that's all you're gonna do. You're gonna turn the Bears into whatever the 49ers were once Purdy and the backup went down in the title game.

Well golly, I wouldn’t want to make the Bears easy to defend.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
He fumbles a lot. Running the ball isn't going to save the Bears.

1) The Bears are going to really struggle to be a team that runs the ball when they get annhilated on the line of scrimmage every down.
2) You're supposed to pair a strong run game with a strong defense. Even if the Bears could run the ball, the defense still has less talent than a mediocre SEC team. You'll find yourself down three scores by halftime with no way to come back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 146  Next