It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:
THe last TD pass to Moore was thrown high. If the ball was where it was supposed to be it would have been a pick 6.

But still some reason for cautious optimism. Still a long way to go until I would be prepared to hitch your wagon to him for the long term.

I'm not so sure that one isn't meant to be thrown high. Moore certainly was ready to turn around and jump.

It was a great pass. That ends up as a Moore catch or an incompletion. Kept it away from the defender.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:46 am 

RFDC wrote:
THe last TD pass to Moore was thrown high. If the ball was where it was supposed to be it would have been a pick 6.

But still some reason for cautious optimism. Still a long way to go until I would be prepared to hitch your wagon to him for the long term.

Was it supposed to be thrown high? I don't know, but here is what a lot of us were saying. If Fields doesn't attempt throws like that, and many others downfield, 3rd down, etc. he's never going to learn.

Maybe it wasn't meant to be thrown high, but you know what he learned yesterday, you can throw that ball high, make an interception an near impossibility and give your guy the chance to catch it. He'd have learned the same lesson if he threw it low and it was picked off. But he wouldn't have learned the lesson at all if the Bears dialed up another WR screen in that situation.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:33 am 

One Post wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Was it supposed to be thrown high? I don't know, but here is what a lot of us were saying. If Fields doesn't attempt throws like that, and many others downfield, 3rd down, etc. he's never going to learn.

Maybe it wasn't meant to be thrown high, but you know what he learned yesterday, you can throw that ball high, make an interception an near impossibility and give your guy the chance to catch it. He'd have learned the same lesson if he threw it low and it was picked off. But he wouldn't have learned the lesson at all if the Bears dialed up another WR screen in that situation.

He seems to now trust the concept that a qb has to consider a WR like Moore always open, even when it doesn't look like it from the pocket.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
Justin Fields is leading the league in passing touchdowns!

David Haugh was very excited to hear that without realizing he’s played one more game than every other QB.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Brick wrote:
Justin Fields is leading the league in passing touchdowns!

David Haugh was very excited to hear that without realizing he’s played one more game than every other QB.

That's classic Haugh. Just intellectually lazy as hell. It's the same thing when he points out the Bears have never lost 14 games or whatever until they did last year. Of course he fails to point out the Bears never played 17 games until they did last year because doing so apparently is too much effort for him.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:43 am 

I'm rooting for Fields but I'm also not rooting for Fields because I don't want The Hawk to be right.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:46 am 

good dolphin wrote:
One Post wrote:
RFDC wrote:

He seems to now trust the concept that a qb has to consider a WR like Moore always open, even when it doesn't look like it from the pocket.

Yep, and I think that is what a lot of voices around here were saying. Fields isn't going to grasp the concept of what is "open" in the NFL vs college throwing 24 WR screens a game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:49 am 

Brick wrote:
I'm rooting for Fields but I'm also not rooting for Fields because I don't want The Hawk to be right.

I trust you'll find a way to differentiate the subject in a way that he is still incorrect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:55 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:

I trust you'll find a way to differentiate the subject in a way that he is still incorrect

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:05 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:

I'll just mention that Biden won't mine the Grand Canyon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:29 pm 

One Post wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I'm back on board with Fields. He did everything I was criticizing him to do and more. That is growth. He actually looked like an NFL QB the last two games.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Hawg Ass wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:58 pm 

Juiced wrote:
One Post wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I'm back on board with Fields. He did everything I was criticizing him to do and more. That is growth. He actually looked like an NFL QB the last two games.

So 25ish bad games and 3-4ish good games. That's roughly a 14 percent success rate and you're good with that? :lol:

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
A lot has changed in 5 days. How will he adjust to the league adjusting to him? He should keep throwing it to DJ Moore.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:08 pm 

Nas wrote:
A lot has changed in 5 days. How will he adjust to the league adjusting to him? He should keep throwing it to DJ Moore.

They will give Moore the Jefferson treatment and force fields to feed Mooney and Kmet. Fields was shut down in both second halves so he hasn't adjusted to the adjustments imo.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

They will give Moore the Jefferson treatment and force fields to feed Mooney and Kmet. Fields was shut down in both second halves so he hasn't adjusted to the adjustments imo.

I think yesterday was more about him injuring Herbert with his accuracy. The Bears didn't have a running back and the left side of the line was awful because Jenkins was sitting.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:58 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Juiced wrote:
One Post wrote:
RFDC wrote:

So 25ish bad games and 3-4ish good games. That's roughly a 14 percent success rate and you're good with that? :lol:

You don't see any improvement in his last two games from all the 25ish bad games? Everyone progresses at a different pace. My main criticism of him was that he was not improving on the main elements of becoming a legit QB. He's showing signs of becoming a star QB and I will support him. If he continued to play like he did the previous 25ish games and shown no signs of improvement then I would not support him. It is that simple.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:02 pm 

Nas wrote:

He's shown he could adjust to the league already by not relying on his running. He is staying in the pocket, getting the ball out quicker and going through his progressions.

Teams now have to decide if they want to take away the passing lanes or his running lanes. They can't just stack the box anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:06 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Juiced wrote:
One Post wrote:
RFDC wrote:

You can’t have eight good games in a row unless you have two in a row.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:07 pm 

Juiced wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Juiced wrote:
One Post wrote:
RFDC wrote:

You don't see any improvement in his last two games from all the 25ish bad games? Everyone progresses at a different pace. My main criticism of him was that he was not improving on the main elements of becoming a legit QB. He's showing signs of becoming a star QB and I will support him. If he continued to play like he did the previous 25ish games and shown no signs of improvement then I would not support him. It is that simple.

The last two games have been great. Well, four quarters have been great to be precise. But it's still just two games in three years :lol:

Sample size matters bro

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:09 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

The Bears got way too conservative in last nights game in the second half. Those guys are coaching for their jobs right now. The problem is 100% of the strategy should be about developing Fields. Those things were mutually exclusive after halftime last night.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Juiced wrote:
One Post wrote:
RFDC wrote:

so there are no extenuating circumstances going on in those two games that might have made him look good? Keeping in mind it was too good first halves of those games in which he looks good.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
There is absolutely no indication that Fields can perform against a real defense.

He is nothing more than a bumslayer until proven otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
There is absolutely no indication that Fields can perform against a real defense.

He wasn't a bumslayer 5 days ago. I think we can call this progress.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tall Midget wrote:

It’s hysterical that everyone is fawning over Fields performance throwing the ball from the pocket as long as he looks good and is effective. The complaining about the offensive line , play calling and the receivers stops. When he stops looking good in the pocket the Bears are ruining him and it’s time to change the entire offense to suit his strengths. This is on a week to week basis. :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

It’s hysterical that everyone is fawning over Fields performance throwing the ball from the pocket as long as he looks good and is effective. The complaining about the offensive line , play calling and the receivers stops. When he stops looking good in the pocket the Bears are ruining him and it’s time to change the entire offense to suit his strengths. This is on a week to week basis. :lol:

Justin Fields having good passing games is only a positive. Either he's a late bloomer that will become Warren Moon, or it increases his trade value in the offseason or at the deadline. Either way, we win.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:55 pm 

I hope we get the #1 pick and Poles has the fortitude to trade him to Atlanta for two #1 picks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
good dolphin wrote:
I hope we get the #1 pick and Poles has the fortitude to trade him to Atlanta for two #1 picks.

I read on here yesterday that they can trade the #2 pick for 3 #1’s and half a dozen other picks so that shouldn’t be a problem.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
man of few opinions wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I read on here yesterday that they can trade the #2 pick for 3 #1’s and half a dozen other picks so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Maybe my favorite hypothetical trade of all time.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

He needs to stack some more good passing games together, preferably in a losing effort. That said, I don't think you are getting more than a first from anyone. Especially a team drafting in the top 10.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 146  Next