It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Isn’t the Packers O-line all backups ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
I've never seen the local media 'protect' a player like they do with Fields. On the one hand, when he makes plays with his feet, he's a genius. But, when he can't complete passes, it's always the protection breaking down. It's ok to say that he's just not there yet and point out his mistakes, but other than maybe Mully and Hub, no one local is willing to do it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:08 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
Add Adam Hoge to the list of Chicago media guys who read the board:

He's done the same thing all season. MANY don't want to objectively analyze how Fields is playing because they spent all off season talking about how great he was.

If you're a basketball player or you've been around basketball you know what I'm about to describe. A guy walks into the gym and he looks like he can ball. He has that MJ like walk, the way he bounces the ball looks right, how he makes the ball roll around in his hands looks right, the form on his pump fake shot is flawless, and his gear looks legit. Then he gets on the court and he's terrible. This is how Fields looks so far.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:12 am 

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

He's done the same thing all season. MANY don't want to objectively analyze how Fields is playing because they spent all off season talking about how great he was.

If you're a basketball player or you've been around basketball you know what I'm about to describe. A guy walks into the gym and he looks like he can ball. He has that MJ like walk, the way he bounces the ball looks right, how he makes the ball roll around in his hands looks right, the form on his pump fake shot is flawless, and his gear looks legit. Then he gets on the court and he's terrible. This is how Fields looks so far.

But you are the same guy still in Nagy's corner. So I am not sure your view on things can be trusted :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:17 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
August Schell wrote:
It's ok to say that he's just not there yet and point out his mistakes, but other than maybe Mully and Hub, no one local is willing to do it.

He's not there yet and he makes mistakes.

I'd say he isn't as good as Aaron Rodgers was when AR was 22 but Rodgers only threw 60 passes before he was 25 years-old, so I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:19 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

But you are the same guy still in Nagy's corner. So I am not sure your view on things can be trusted :lol:

Try having an opinion on something instead of trying to swoop down like a Missouri vulture.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:27 am 

Missouri vulture? :lol: Nice.

None of us know what Fields really is. He looks good in moments. He looks awful in moments. He is a rookie QB. I would like to see him have a decent line and a competent coach that isn't trying to hang on to his job before we judge who/what Fields is.

Nagy on the other hand is a dead man walking who has proven to be a terrible coach. We know exactly who and what he is.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:30 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
I still think he’ll be fine but they need to speed up his release. He drops his arm too much and that lead to the fumble on the attempted pass.

Yep.

but there are like 3-4 QB whisperers on this staff

none of them really helped Mitch either

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:39 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

None of us know what Fields really is. He looks good in moments. He looks awful in moments. He is a rookie QB. I would like to see him have a decent line and a competent coach that isn't trying to hang on to his job before we judge who/what Fields is.

Nagy on the other hand is a dead man walking who has proven to be a terrible coach. We know exactly who and what he is.

I'm trying to factor the Nagy suckage into all of this, but it's kinda hard. Fields looks the part, but the results have been McNown like. That worries me. That isn't all coaching. Despite what Doc is saying, the offensive line has been solid most of the year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:40 am 

RFDC wrote:
None of us know what Fields really is. He looks good in moments. He looks awful in moments. He is a rookie QB. .

This is really the only thing you need to know.

Rookie QB almost universally suck and you have to accept the pain they will cause when you start one. The one's that are good from the beginning are the exception more than the rule. You see some good and lots of bad.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:41 am 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I'm trying to factor the Nagy suckage into all of this, but it's kinda hard. Fields looks the part, but the results have been McNown like. That worries me. That isn't all coaching. Despite what Doc is saying, the offensive line has been solid most of the year.

It has been a long time since I looked at the McNown numbers, but I don't think Fields is even close to him.

The line has been solid in the run game, but they have not been close to solid in pass protection which is where Fields needs help.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:43 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Nas wrote:
Despite what Doc is saying, the offensive line has been solid most of the year.

What?

They can't keep a QB on the field. They might as well just turn around and tackle the Bear QB themselves. They might not hurt the guy as bad.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:47 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:
None of us know what Fields really is. He looks good in moments. He looks awful in moments. He is a rookie QB. .

This is really the only thing you need to know.

Rookie QB almost universally suck and you have to accept the pain they will cause when you start one. The one's that are good from the beginning are the exception more than the rule. You see some good and lots of bad.

Over the past decade what you are saying is incorrect. Most good/great quarterbacks have success immediately or they are mediocre. Fields has been mostly awful. My nastimism is starting to take a hit with all of his turnovers and shitty throws.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:49 am 
100000 CLUB

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Nas wrote:

What?

They can't keep a QB on the field. They might as well just turn around and tackle the Bear QB themselves. They might not hurt the guy as bad.

Jenkins was bad yesterday, but Fields has had time to throw the ball. Peters has arguably been our best offensive lineman and the line has been solid. Even with shitty quarterback play, I believe that the Bears are still a top 10 rushing team.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:51 am 

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

This, 100% this.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:52 am 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

What?

Jenkins was bad yesterday, but Fields has had time to throw the ball. Peters has arguably been our best offensive lineman and the line has been solid. Even with shitty quarterback play, I believe that the Bears are still a top 10 rushing team.

Again, the rushing part of this is not what we are talking about. They cannot pass block. ANd the fact that a 54 yr old Peters has been the best OLman this year is not a point in your favor :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:53 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

This, 100% this.

Who here has not objectively analyzed Fields?

I see people all over who point out the problems while still seeing the potential there.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Nas wrote:
Most good/great quarterbacks have success immediately or they are mediocre.

That's the thing...I have no doubt Fields can go from bad to serviceable/average. What everyone seems to be assuming/hoping/praying for is that he becomes Russell Wilson, and I agree something like that is usually evident from the start.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:56 am 

OL has been good at run blocking but terrible at pass blocking

I know this won't be satisfactory but I'm not even bothering to evaluate who is as a player until next year. As Zippy pointed out, there are some mechanical things to work on this off season. As me and many others have pointed out, he needs to play faster, even in his running (seemingly turned a corner in running at Pitt but was playing slower again yesterday).

I'll withhold judgement until after a year under his belt and an off season to think about things.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:57 am 

badrogue17 wrote:

That is correct.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:01 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

That is correct.

Well its amazing that Rodgers can play effectively in that case. Or so im told.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:07 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

What?

Again, the rushing part of this is not what we are talking about. They cannot pass block. ANd the fact that a 54 yr old Peters has been the best OLman this year is not a point in your favor :lol:

:lol: :lol: Peters is a pleasant surprise.

My eyes tell me that nearly every breakdown on the offensive line is because of Olin Kreutz's favorite guy. I would like to believe that the Bears can find a far better option. Maybe swap Borom and Jenkins.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:07 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

That is correct.

I agree.

Fields doesn't look as good at this time at directing an offense as a 17-year veteran HOFer.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:08 am 

Nas wrote:
Maybe swap Borom and Jenkins.

I think that's worth taking a look at.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:09 am 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

What?

My eyes tell me that nearly every breakdown on the offensive line is because of Olin Kreutz's favorite guy. I would like to believe that the Bears can find a far better option. Maybe swap Borom and Jenkins.

It's a source of irritation to me that Daniels was drafted as an NFL ready center but can't play the position better than Mustipher.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
badrogue17 wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

That is correct.

I agree.

Fields doesn't look as good at this time at directing an offense as a 17-year veteran HOFer.

Rodgers is easily a top 10 and probably a top 5 all time great. If he wasn't in a Packers jersey, he'd be a lot more enjoyable to watch. It's fucking incredible how sweet his touch is. (no homo)

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Let me put it another way: The coaching is worse than Fields is.

That’s not absolving Fields of some of his own mistakes, he’s made plenty -as a Rookie- but this coaching staff is clown shoe from top to bottom.

Coaching matters. Having a competent game plan and actual strategy that shows you understand your opponent matters. And the Bears do not have any of that.

Last edited by NME on Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
badrogue17 wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

That is correct.

Their backups are better than the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and Olin Kreutz's protege, who plays like he's liquored up so much that he can't catch up with the blazing speed of a 300+ lb nose tackle sauntering by him to kill the quarterback.

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Fields showed some escapability yesterday. A couple times looked like he was gonna be sacked but he got out of it and got positive yardage scrambling. That's a bit of a positive from yesterday I think.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:17 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

What?

It's a source of irritation to me that Daniels was drafted as an NFL ready center but can't play the position better than Mustipher.

I think the knock on him was that he couldn't recognize or call out protections. That was an issue because (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky couldn't do it either. Daniels has been in the league for 4 years now, I doubt that is still an issue. Even if Mustipher is an expert at calling out protections, he rarely blocks anyone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 146  Next