It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Brick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:
It was a prediction based on you deciding to bring that silly position to the board that Jordan Love is better than Josh Allen.

I applaud you for thinking about it longer and realizing that the tweet you posted was wrong.

Wow. I posted a commentator’s quote (without any comment) and suddenly I (and apparently “The Packers”) said he was better than Josh Allen. That’s a stretch even for you.

No. I expected you and other Packers fans to eventually get to the point though. That's why I said "poised".

As I said though, I no longer think you or others are going to make the argument that Love is the second best player in the NFL. So, it's all good.

Glad to hear you admit you were wrong. Yes, it’s all good.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:09 pm 

That's my fault for doing a prediction that you could smartly choose not to make true since Love is not the second best player in the league as your tweet indicated.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:09 pm 

Brick wrote:
That's my fault for doing a prediction that you could smartly choose not to make true since Love is not the second best player in the league as your tweet indicated.

Do you even know what a Tweet is? Because I’ve never tweeted anything in my life. I also never claimed Love was the 2nd best player in the league. Actually, neither did Tannenbaum. Otherwise your post was 100% accurate.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:

Do you even know what a Tweet is? Because I’ve never tweeted anything in my life. I also never claimed Love was the 2nd best player in the league. Actually, neither did Tannenbaum. Otherwise your post was 100% accurate.

Just the 2nd best quarterback.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Caleb Williams saw the blitz coming as soon as he arrived at the line of scrimmage and knew how he'd combat it. The ball hit his hands, and Williams quickly turned and flung a side-arm pass to fellow rookie Rome Odunze for a quick blitz-beating play.

It was a moment that showcased the Bears rookie quarterback's arm talent, intelligence, and early progress during the offseason program.

Tuesday's opening day of mandatory minicamp at Halas Hall was a mixed bag for Williams and the offense.

Williams opened up strong with multiple connections to DJ Moore and Keenan Allen during the first 11-on-11 period. He went 5-for-5 in the opening period, which included a screen to Moore and a creative completion to Gerald Everett, on which Williams navigated a dirty pocket and delivered a jump pass to the tight end.

The 7-on-7 period featured a few impressive throws from Williams to Moore and Odunze, including an anticipatory dot to Moore on a deep comeback against Tyrique Stevenson...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:27 pm 

Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:

His statement included the caveat of youth though. Love is 3 years younger than Allen. For the record, I don’t necessarily agree with his thought but it’s definitely amusing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:29 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:

He would draft him second overall.
I'm glad you don't agree with him though. It was a bad thought.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:32 pm 

Nas wrote:
LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Caleb Williams saw the blitz coming as soon as he arrived at the line of scrimmage and knew how he'd combat it. The ball hit his hands, and Williams quickly turned and flung a side-arm pass to fellow rookie Rome Odunze for a quick blitz-beating play.

It was a moment that showcased the Bears rookie quarterback's arm talent, intelligence, and early progress during the offseason program.

Tuesday's opening day of mandatory minicamp at Halas Hall was a mixed bag for Williams and the offense.

Williams opened up strong with multiple connections to DJ Moore and Keenan Allen during the first 11-on-11 period. He went 5-for-5 in the opening period, which included a screen to Moore and a creative completion to Gerald Everett, on which Williams navigated a dirty pocket and delivered a jump pass to the tight end.

The 7-on-7 period featured a few impressive throws from Williams to Moore and Odunze, including an anticipatory dot to Moore on a deep comeback against Tyrique Stevenson...

Pittsburgh, PA. — Justin Fields said he was here to compete, and he is doing just that.

The new Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback was putting on a show during Day Six of Steelers OTAs. He threw a beautiful pass to tight end Darnell Washington over the middle of the field during seven-on-sevens. During team drills in the red zone, Fields evaded pressure and threw a beautiful sidearm pass to Marquez Callaway at the front right pilon of the end zone that was right on the money.

Fields also threw a bullet to the back middle portion of the end zone through multiple defenders to tight end MyCole Pruitt for a touchdown, and had a scramble that resulted in a jump pass to Washington in the end zone that sent the sideline into a frenzy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:

His statement included the caveat of youth though. Love is 3 years younger than Allen. For the record, I don’t necessarily agree with his thought but it’s definitely amusing.

I just don't understand why Burrow doesn't get any respect. Haven't people seen Sweaty Josh piss himself enough?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:48 pm 

Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:

I just don't understand why Burrow doesn't get any respect. Haven't people seen Sweaty Josh piss himself enough?

True enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:49 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yet he took Mahomes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

Pittsburgh, PA. — Justin Fields said he was here to compete, and he is doing just that.

The new Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback was putting on a show during Day Six of Steelers OTAs. He threw a beautiful pass to tight end Darnell Washington over the middle of the field during seven-on-sevens. During team drills in the red zone, Fields evaded pressure and threw a beautiful sidearm pass to Marquez Callaway at the front right pilon of the end zone that was right on the money.

Fields also threw a bullet to the back middle portion of the end zone through multiple defenders to tight end MyCole Pruitt for a touchdown, and had a scramble that resulted in a jump pass to Washington in the end zone that sent the sideline into a frenzy.

LTG shared this over the weekend. Fields is in his 4th year going up against 2nd unit and practice squad guys. Caleb is battling a defense that MANY believe will be a top 10 unit.

I'm encouraged he's going through his progressions and making quick decisions already. We haven't seen that around here since Jim Miller.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:

It’s mildly insane. I just assume everybody agrees he’s the second best player in the league and then people like Tannenbaum speak.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Bears might have the top two quarterbacks in the division. An embarrassment of riches.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Yeah but I now read that Caleb's cadence is now the HUGE issue? Perhaps it is just a matter of not being able to hear him over the cicadas?

..and members of Caleb's Cadence.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The ESPN intelligentsia is in a perpetual orgasmic state over the way Jayden Daniels has looked in OTAs and minicamp. Earlier today they described him as Lamar Jackson with significantly better pocket-passing skills.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

Chris Simms made a great point today. I'm paraphrasing: "USC had a poor defense, they couldn't block, they couldn't run, and they didn't have a player get drafted until Day 3 besides Caleb. We still expected a team like that to win a national championship because he was their quarterback."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:29 pm 

Nas wrote:
Chris Simms made a great point today. I'm paraphrasing: "USC had a poor defense, they couldn't block, they couldn't run, and they didn't have a player get drafted until Day 3 besides Caleb. We still expected a team like that to win a national championship because he was their quarterback."

Ok. Then they went 8-5 and finished 4th in the PAC-10. What’s the great point? It sounds like they failed badly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Whether they win or lose, shouldn't Caleb Williams be expected to play well anyway if he's "that dude"? His stats strongly suggested that he sucked against better defenses and piled up the numbers against inferior defenses.
And here is the other thing which is a bit "disconcerting". He had a chance to transfer to just about anywhere, but chose the proverbial "soft landing" and transferred to USC instead. He could have chosen to play "big time" ball by transferring to a big time program. But instead he chose USC instead. That doesn't necessarily reek of his being a "competitive" guy does it?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:24 am 
100000 CLUB

He went to Oklahoma to play for Lincoln Riley because he believed that Lincoln Riley would help him get to the NFL. He went to Oklahoma even though he had a leading Heisman candidate in front of him. He took that kid's job despite not playing football for 18 months. He followed Lincoln Riley (Against his father's wishes) to a shit USC team and made them relevant overnight. Considering he was drafted #1, I think it's safe to say he got it right.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:40 am 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

Ok. Then they went 8-5 and finished 4th in the PAC-10. What’s the great point? It sounds like they failed badly.

No, it sounds like they did as well as they could have. A Daniels led offense had lower expectations with 2 first round receivers. Caleb was just so great that MANY believed he could carry a team with shit talent and coaching to the promiseland.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:13 am 

Nas wrote:
He went to Oklahoma to play for Lincoln Riley because he believed that Lincoln Riley would help him get to the NFL. He went to Oklahoma even though he had a leading Heisman candidate in front of him. He took that kid's job despite not playing football for 18 months. He followed Lincoln Riley (Against his father's wishes) to a shit USC team and made them relevant overnight. Considering he was drafted #1, I think it's safe to say he got it right.

Seems to me that he went out of his way to "duck" playing against "elite" competition. In comparison, Justin Fields bounced from one elite program and conference to another elite program and conference. Which signified that he wanted "all the smoke". Now he has requested to be traded to a team that is NFL "royalty" and perennially in the playoffs, that has a future Hall of Famer who already has been anointed starter because he wants to compete and beat him out, as opposed to being handed the starting spot somewhere.
I'll take a dude like that any day on my team.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:28 am 

Nas wrote:
He went to Oklahoma to play for Lincoln Riley because he believed that Lincoln Riley would help him get to the NFL.

So he originally went to Oklahoma in order to play for a coach that would help him pad his stats by running a "pass happy offense", only to follow that same coach to USC where he would also run a "pass happy offense" while playing meaningless football games. Mission accomplished I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:31 am 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Whether they win or lose, shouldn't Caleb Williams be expected to play well anyway if he's "that dude"? His stats strongly suggested that he sucked against better defenses and piled up the numbers against inferior defenses.
And here is the other thing which is a bit "disconcerting". He had a chance to transfer to just about anywhere, but chose the proverbial "soft landing" and transferred to USC instead. He could have chosen to play "big time" ball by transferring to a big time program. But instead he chose USC instead. That doesn't necessarily reek of his being a "competitive" guy does it?

I won't be giving him nearly the time I did for other bears first round qb busts, but, I will give him until game 1 is over

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:34 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
The ESPN intelligentsia is in a perpetual orgasmic state over the way Jayden Daniels has looked in OTAs and minicamp. Earlier today they described him as Lamar Jackson with significantly better pocket-passing skills.

He has nowhere near the running skills of Jackson. He's a straight line runner, not nearly as elusive. He is an accurate passer but a one read and run player. I would expect him to look good in these situations.

Personally, I think he was the 3-4 best qb in the draft.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:36 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
He went to Oklahoma to play for Lincoln Riley because he believed that Lincoln Riley would help him get to the NFL.

So he originally went to Oklahoma in order to play for a coach that would help him pad his stats by running a "pass happy offense", only to follow that same coach to USC where he would also run a "pass happy offense" while playing meaningless football games. Mission accomplished I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:37 am 

good dolphin wrote:

I won't be giving him nearly the time I did for other bears first round qb busts, but, I will give him until game 1 is over

Yeah the problem for him is that the Bears are obviously in "win now" mode. His clock is a little different than most, if not all No. 1 overalls. They have a team that should make the playoffs and Eberflus is fighting to save his job. Maybe Poles too. He doesn't have to be an All Pro out of the gate, but he should be good enough to get them into the playoffs. That isn't a tough ask for a guy that has been labeled by MANY to be a "generational talent" who has elite receivers and a damn good defense behind him

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:43 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

He has nowhere near the running skills of Jackson. He's a straight line runner, not nearly as elusive. He is an accurate passer but a one read and run player. I would expect him to look good in these situations.

Personally, I think he was the 3-4 best qb in the draft.

He doesn't have the same feel for the game that Jackson does, but I think he's a better passer. He's more than a track star. I just think he has bed wetter instincts. If his first or second read isn't there he takes off and runs quicker than Justin Fields. He doesn't run/scramble to pass.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:52 am 

Are we really questioning why a football player would go to USC?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:00 am 

Brick wrote:
Are we really questioning why a football player would go to USC?

Yes
And are you "JAQQING OFF" once again Brick?

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next