It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
blackhawksfan wrote:
Holy shit. Guys, listen to the Dan Wiederer interview on Bernstein and Holmes. That's all I'm going to say.

https://www.audacy.com/podcast/bernstei ... ur-4-842f2

They all seem to think Fields being gone is a done deal. More surprising they're also saying that Eberflus gone too? I thought Eberflus keeping the prior regime's QB a year too long bought him at least a chance to bring in his own QB and see what he could there.

Does sound like the coaching carousel will have a lot of candidates, from both pro and college ranks. So like moving on from Fields in a year with multiple 1st round picks and high potential QB's in the draft it's a prime opportunity to bring in a new HC/entire coaching staff.

Eberflus gets no credit for building this defense? Probably would be better to have Eberflus as DC but if you can bring in a good OC and supporting offensive coaching staff under Eberflus it's almost six of one, yadda. You dump Eberflus then you gotta find a HC/new OC and new DC, unless you keep Eberflus' crew on the defensive side.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Hussra wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Holy shit. Guys, listen to the Dan Wiederer interview on Bernstein and Holmes. That's all I'm going to say.

They all seem to think Fields being gone is a done deal. More surprising they're also saying that Eberflus gone too? I thought Eberflus keeping the prior regime's QB a year too long bought him at least a chance to bring in his own QB and see what he could there.

Does sound like the coaching carousel will have a lot of candidates, from both pro and college ranks. So like moving on from Fields in a year with multiple 1st round picks and high potential QB's in the draft it's a prime opportunity to bring in a new HC/entire coaching staff.

Eberflus gets no credit for building this defense? Probably would be better to have Eberflus as DC but if you can bring in a good OC and supporting offensive coaching staff under Eberflus it's almost six of one, yadda.

The same defense that let the corpse of Joe Flacco throw for 300 yards in the 4th quarter on Sunday?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:56 am 

But that's Joe Flacco 2023. No one can stop Joe Flacco 2023.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:10 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hussra wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Eberflus gets no credit for building this defense? Probably would be better to have Eberflus as DC but if you can bring in a good OC and supporting offensive coaching staff under Eberflus it's almost six of one, yadda. You dump Eberflus then you gotta find a HC/new OC and new DC, unless you keep Eberflus' crew on the defensive side.

They want to preserve the "Chicago ruined Fields" narrative by acknowledging some shortcomings on the part of Fields but attributing those shortcomings to Getsy and the Bears historical inability to produce all pro QBs. This way if/once Fields leaves it won't be because he's simply not a top ten QB - he's not - but it's because the Bears failed to develop him. This achieves the ultimate goal of preserving their "Fields is a gift to humanity" narrative despite copious evidence and data to the contrary. It's a battle of narratives at this point.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:11 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Bears ruined Fields is the only answer.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
some trade ideas...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/if-bears-t ... 37672.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I like how the first point raised in the Falcons section is that Ridder is too turnover prone.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:48 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I like how the first point raised in the Falcons section is that Ridder is too turnover prone.

Teams have to weigh the risk of Fields fumbles and INTs against the reward of explosive plays that generate 19.5 ppg this season excluding defensive scores.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:02 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

I enjoyed this gem:

Quote:
The Steelers need to get serious at quarterback one of these days. Grabbing Justin Fields would go a long way toward legitimizing their offensive approach...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:14 am 

I can see Atlanta and New Orleans being options.

I dont see the others seriously doing it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:19 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

Falcons
Giants
Seahawks
Buccaneers
Rams

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:24 am 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Falcons
Giants
Seahawks
Buccaneers
Rams

I hope you are right and that is the market for him. That would be great news for the Bears.

But I dont see the Giants going that route after what they have went thru with Jones. I think they would prefer to draft someone new.

Does not seem like a move the Seahawks, Bucs, or Rams would be doing.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
if we get #1 pick we should be able to lure some excellent offensive minded candidates. as exciting as fields can be at times he's proven in the long run he cant win games here. sucks as it wouldnt surprise me to see him succeed somewhere else.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Falcons
Giants
Seahawks
Buccaneers
Rams

Under the right circumstances I wouldn't be against seeing Fields with the Giants but not under their current situation and not for a haul of 2nd-round or higher draft picks. They are married to Jones for another year for big money, and even if they launched him after next year (his last guaranteed year) they would immediately have to make a big money decision on Fields which they aren't going to do. They will ride with Jones through next year, and if it explodes in their face again they will launch him and start the process over. If he plays well they can keep paying him. They do have an extra 2nd round pick this upcoming draft and I could see them maybe drafting a QB with that pick if some fringe-y QB they liked happened to be there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:45 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Falcons
Giants
Seahawks
Buccaneers
Rams

Under the right circumstances I wouldn't be against seeing Fields with the Giants but not under their current situation and not for a haul of 2nd-round or higher draft picks. They are married to Jones for another year for big money, and even if they launched him after next year (his last guaranteed year) they would immediately have to make a big money decision on Fields which they aren't going to do. They will ride with Jones through next year, and if it explodes in their face again they will launch him and start the process over. If he plays well they can keep paying him. They do have an extra 2nd round pick this upcoming draft and I could see them maybe drafting a QB with that pick if some fringe-y QB they liked happened to be there.

You know you're capped at like 20 ppg with Fields as your QB, right? Are you anticipating a world class defense next year or something?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:51 pm 

no, and I don't believe in Fields as a passer but I do think for a cheap enough price, a change of scenery and fresh perspective from a different coaching staff could help. As I stated I dont think it makes sense for the Giants in their current situation but I could see another team giving him a shot.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

There will be a few teams who kick the tires on Fields, but NOBODY is going to pay a premium for the guy:

He can't throw short or medium-depth timing passes; he can't play consistently within the pocket; he can't read the field effectively; he takes sacks at an inordinately high rate; he has a propensity for fumbling the ball; and he is injury prone, a problem that will only escalate as he ages.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:10 pm 

We should really root for the Ravens to win the Super Bowl. It's a copycat league and some team may think they can turn Fields into Lamar Jackson.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:12 pm 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Falcons
Giants
Seahawks
Buccaneers
Rams

Stafford retiring?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Falcons
Giants
Seahawks
Buccaneers
Rams

Seahawks have their QB, they are out. Baker is leading TB to a division title, TB is out too.

I dont see the Giants or Saints making a move for fields after handing out 4 year $160 million contracts to their current QBs. Stafford is playing great, Rams are out.

It's basically just the Falcons. Maybe the Raiders but that seems unlikely.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:29 pm 

Minnesota could be an interesting landing zone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:34 pm 

All they'd be doing is exchanging Dobbs's interceptions for Fields' fumbles. I think Dobbs has slightly better advanced stats than Fields anyway. He just doesn't have a cult behind him

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:37 pm 

perhaps, but they are a team with explosive offensive weapons that could suit him. It would be great fun watching him play the Bears. I doubt the Bears would even dare trade him there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Falcons
Giants
Seahawks
Buccaneers
Rams

Seahawks have their QB, they are out. Baker is leading TB to a division title, TB is out too.

I dont see the Giants or Saints making a move for fields after handing out 4 year $160 million contracts to their current QBs. Stafford is playing great, Rams are out.

The Seahawks can walk away from Geno this offseason.
No one ever wants to keep Mayfield

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Falcons
Giants
Seahawks
Buccaneers
Rams

But how is Fields an upgrade over either one of them?

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Tall Midget wrote:
There will be a few teams who kick the tires on Fields, but NOBODY is going to pay a premium for the guy:

He can't throw short or medium-depth timing passes; he can't play consistently within the pocket; he can't read the field effectively; he takes sacks at an inordinately high rate; he has a propensity for fumbling the ball; and he is injury prone, a problem that will only escalate as he ages.

NFL coaches have egos too.... i think more than one will believe they can "fix" him and will convince their GM. i dont expect they'll get a first for him but they should get a decent package of mid rd picks

100000 CLUB

They tried to trade up for him, but I can't imagine them giving the Bears enough for them to trade him in the division.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:40 pm 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Falcons
Giants
Seahawks
Buccaneers
Rams

Mostly middle of the pack/edge of playoff contention teams. it'd be a ballsy move but if Poles wanted to play draft day trade chicken I could see if there's a run on QB's in the top 10 some team in the 10-20 range panicking and offering that pick straight up for Fields, just to get a sliver of hope @QB in the building.

But I assume they'll make the deal before draft day, or at least have it worked out to announce at the draft--and it won't include any 1st round picks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:41 pm 

perhaps, but they are a team with explosive offensive weapons that could suit him. It would be great fun watching him play the Bears. I doubt the Bears would even dare trade him there.

The fundamental flaw with Fields is even if you surround him with Jefferson on the right and Tyreek on the left, nothing is gonna happen if he doesn't get rid of the ball. That's the problem that escapes the Fields cult and out of town observers.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Falcons
Giants
Seahawks
Buccaneers
Rams

But how is Fields an upgrade over either one of them?

He's younger and MANY still believe in his potential. You're selling his potential.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 146  Next