It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
I would encourage you to watch the interviews I posted. One was with less than 6 weeks remaining in the season. I believe it was before the UCLA game. Anyone who would suggest he's anything like Cutler is preying on the reader's or viewer's ignorance. Anyone who would suggest that he's mentally fragile is doing the same. They got me too.

I would also recommend watching the YouTube "Every Throw" videos of his losses over the past 2 seasons if you believe he's a bed wetter or bum slayer.

If you still don't like him as a person or a player after consuming those things, I'm cool with it.

Just tell me he's a killer. He doesn't seem like one cuz I saw some head hanging and some quit.

When?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
I would encourage you to watch the interviews I posted. One was with less than 6 weeks remaining in the season. I believe it was before the UCLA game. Anyone who would suggest he's anything like Cutler is preying on the reader's or viewer's ignorance. Anyone who would suggest that he's mentally fragile is doing the same. They got me too.

I would also recommend watching the YouTube "Every Throw" videos of his losses over the past 2 seasons if you believe he's a bed wetter or bum slayer.

If you still don't like him as a person or a player after consuming those things, I'm cool with it.

Just tell me he's a killer. He doesn't seem like one cuz I saw some head hanging and some quit.

I haven't seen either. I've seen an uber competitive kid who is leaning on the fly how to control his emotions after his defense gives up 60 points a game. The Oregon game is the only game I saw him pressing.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas is on the Caleb bandwagon? I thought he was a Maye guy?

He knows it’s gonna be Caleb and his Bears meatball side has forced a conversion.

Why would I do that? Do I strike you as a guy who caves to popular opinion? I didn't cave to the Fields Cult. I still like Maye a lot. After gathering more information, I've evolved.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
We know you're not a Fields guy because you're pro-information and data.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
veganfan21 wrote:

Yeah and the 'Data'' says that Caleb Williams only threw 9 TDs in his last 7 games as a college player. The "data" also says that his backup nearly threw for that amount in one game.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
veganfan21 wrote:

What was all of that "pro information and data"? Did that include Caleb's ratty performance the last half of his 2023 year when he shit all over the field and pretty much quit on his team? I don't believe the Bears would be too impressed with a prospect who does that.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:13 pm 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Yeah and the 'Data'' says that Caleb Williams only threw 9 TDs in his last 7 games as a college player. The "data" also says that his backup nearly threw for that amount in one game.

Wait, Fields is good because of something Caleb's data said?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:15 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Wait, Fields is good because of something Caleb's data said?

We're talking DATA remember?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:18 pm 

I'm talking about Fields and Fields' data. Try to stay on point.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:22 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Nah dude. Caleb's "data" is also part of the discussion as well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

When?

I don't exactly know which end of the game it was, maybe Washington. Bad body language and a huddle up with the coach where he basically just turned his back on the huddle.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:31 pm 

Separate issues. Fields sucks regardless of who's available in the draft. Always a good move to replace the 23rd best passer in the league.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:32 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas is on the Caleb bandwagon? I thought he was a Maye guy?

Nas gets changed to Nas on a quote?

The only person I have ever heard use that name is IMU. Hmmm

Edit: now I am confused because now that post says Nas……I dunno.

Get yourself an Under The Hood tumbler.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

When?

Major meltdown during the Notre Dame game.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

OMG! Did you see Brady and Mahomes break a tablet? We can't have players like that.

He openly talked about crying after every loss during his Heisman speech. I can't recall anyone being bothered by it back then. Also, this kid was taking 11 high school and college classes and learning a playbook his freshman year at Oklahoma. Unlike Kevin Warren, Caleb has been getting up at 4:30 to work since he was 11. I don't question his drive or dedication to his craft. His Heisman speech tells me the snubs and defeats fuel him

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:59 pm 

Nas wrote:
OMG! Did you see Brady and Mahomes break a tablet? We can't have players like that.

He openly talked about crying after every loss during his Heisman speech. I can't recall anyone being bothered by it back then. Also, this kid was taking 11 high school and college classes and learning a playbook his freshman year at Oklahoma. Unlike Kevin Warren, Caleb has been getting up at 4:30 to work since he was 11. I don't question his drive or dedication to his craft. His Heisman speech tells me the snubs and defeats fuel him

Breaking tablets doesn't concern me. Killers break tablets.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:

The data also says he had a better QB rating and more yards per attempt than he had in his Heisman season. It also says he averaged 300 yards and had 8 rushing touchdowns in the games you're talking about. I believe he had 1 interception in his final 6 games.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Breaking tablets doesn't concern me. Killers break tablets.

I don't think he's psycho like Brady or Kobe. IMO, they had to prepare the way they did because they weren't as talented as the Mannings or Jordans of the world. When I watched Caleb, I saw no leg shaking or nervousness in big moments. He wanted the smoke, even if he failed. That was encouraging to me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
He should still perform better against better teams. Most of his damage was done against crappy teams. That should be more than a little concerning.

It’s not that concerning to me because I’ve seen plenty of QB’s with similar story’s go on to succeed in the NFL. If every great future NFL QB had a dominant record against top-25 teams Ohio State and Alabama would be pumping out future HoF’ers at the position left and right.. but they don’t. Because teams win games especially at the college level.

Due to there being a much smaller talent gap in the NFL, QB’s are able to be much more dominant at that level as ‘X’ factors. But in contrast college, 1 team can have 25 future NFL prospects while the opposing team may only have 3 or 4. Hard to overcome that regardless of how good the individual player is.

Last edited by NME on Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:23 pm 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

The data also says he had a better QB rating and more yards per attempt than he had in his Heisman season. It also says he averaged 300 yards and had 8 rushing touchdowns in the games you're talking about. I believe he had 1 interception in his final 6 games.

Not being able to shine against better teams has to be concerning. And Fields played against Better comp in College and his numbers in has last full season were similar if not better than Williams were even during his Heisman season.

And if straight dropback and throw quickly is your thing, then Williams isn't your man. He holds the ball as Fields does, without Fields athleticism or size however. He's going to get killed in the NFL doing that.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:28 pm 

What's the alternative, bro? You wanna roll with the incumbent qb who doesn't shine against good and bad teams?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:29 pm 

The Ohio numbers are not relevant, whether good or bad. This is about replacing the 23rd best QB in the league.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:31 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
What's the alternative, bro? You wanna roll with the incumbent qb who doesn't shine against good and bad teams?

Yep. I do. Because you can trade the pick and receive a major haul for it. It makes no sense to just "move on from Fields" and replace him with someone that may not even be better. Especially when you can trade the pick and possibly receive 2-3 starting players. With 1-2 possibly being pro bowl caliber players depending how you work it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:33 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
The Ohio numbers are not relevant, whether good or bad. This is about replacing the 23rd best QB in the league.

With a guy that may not even be better. And the 23rd rated QB thing is silly considering that he was coached by a guy that everyone, including Bears management, agrees sucked ass.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:34 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Yep. I do. Because you can trade the pick and receive a major haul for it. It makes no sense to just "move on from Fields" and replace him with someone that may not even be better. Especially when you can trade the pick and possibly receive 2-3 starting players. With 1-2 possibly being pro bowl caliber players depending how you work it.

Yes. After implementing your plan the only issue is that your team will be in the hands of...you guessed it...the 23rd best QB in the league, who barely plays at a replacement-level. Pass (also, pass is something your guy can't do because he prefers getting sacked).

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:39 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
You can take a look at the following PFF breakdowns. Other breakdowns/raw data is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =760429258

Long story short:

Negligible improvement in some passing areas but not enough to move him from bottom third-tier QB to a level above; slight regression in other passing areas which is concerning. Elite rushing numbers despite fewer opportunities. Good deep, but bad on intermediate throws (https://preview.redd.it/justin-fields-b ... a959d15782). Underwhelmig third down numbers. Still takes a long ass time to throw the ball, which means he's not throwing with anticipation. This weakness drives a high sack rate plus puts a cap on the # of points you're able to score (since you're not throwing the ball on time or taking sacks, both of which don't produce points).

Color code:

Green = good
Yellow = meh
red = bad

Bump. Keep running, LTG.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:43 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
You can take a look at the following PFF breakdowns. Other breakdowns/raw data is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =760429258

Long story short:

Negligible improvement in some passing areas but not enough to move him from bottom third-tier QB to a level above; slight regression in other passing areas which is concerning. Elite rushing numbers despite fewer opportunities. Good deep, but bad on intermediate throws (https://preview.redd.it/justin-fields-b ... a959d15782). Underwhelmig third down numbers. Still takes a long ass time to throw the ball, which means he's not throwing with anticipation. This weakness drives a high sack rate plus puts a cap on the # of points you're able to score (since you're not throwing the ball on time or taking sacks, both of which don't produce points).

Color code:

Green = good
Yellow = meh
red = bad

Bump. Keep running, LTG.

Quote:
The Bears' strong finish to the 2023 season wasn't enough to save Luke Getsy's job.

Chicago fired the offensive coordinator on Wednesday, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero reported, per sources. Quarterbacks coach Andrew Janocko was also relieved of his duties, per Pelissero.

The team later announced the news, including the firings of running backs coach Omar Young, wide receivers coach Tyke Tolbert and assistant tight ends coach Tim Zetts.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:56 pm 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Not being able to shine against better teams has to be concerning. And Fields played against Better comp in College and his numbers in has last full season were similar if not better than Williams were even during his Heisman season.

And if straight dropback and throw quickly is your thing, then Williams isn't your man. He holds the ball as Fields does, without Fields athleticism or size however. He's going to get killed in the NFL doing that.

Fields did not play against better teams in college.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:57 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

When?

Nas covered my planned response, but he played terribly in the ND game. It was a bad game.

Doesn’t wash away the rest of his college career.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:02 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

When?

Nas covered my planned response, but he played terribly in the ND game. It was a bad game.

Doesn’t wash away the rest of his college career.

Last 7 games of his college career he only threw for 9 Touchdowns. That has to be alarming. Particularly so given the offensive system in which he played.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 75  Next