It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hussra wrote:
I imagine now that defenses have plenty of NFL tape on Fields they can adjust their coverage and play to account for his strengths/weaknesses. It's only going to get more difficult for Fields if he can't learn to quickly read defenses, adjust and hit the spots they are giving him.

I imagine by now the strategy is stack the box plus throw in some exotic blitzes to confuse the hell out of him. Like GB said of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky once, you win by forcing Fields to play QB.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:08 pm 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

DJ Chark, Russell Gage, and Landry were available. I don't know if Poles targeted them. All are better WRs than what we have. I don't know if what they would think about Fields, but the narrative about Fields was better/different during the summer than it is now.

Two of those guys received 1 year deals. They went to the place they thought would be best for them to receive a multi year deal. Gage went to play for the GOAT. MVS went to play with Mahomes.

Those players wouldn't change who Fields is. At best, they mask his incompetence. I'm not sure they would have done that. He looks lost.

Looking back yes they might not have done much to change present circumstances but at the time the right move is to give your QB actual weapons.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:15 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Mitch got 4 years to prove it. They're going to give Fields at least one more season after this. Possibly 2, when is Arch in the draft anyhow. You don't spend 2 first round picks on a player and then give up on em that easily.

Mitch went one year too long. You cut costs sooner rather than chasing some dream that's not gonna happen.

Yes, you can easily spend two picks on a player then give up. You can spend four picks on a player and give up. Cut losses no matter the investment cost: the higher the investment doesn't mean you spend more time trying to generate a return than you would have otherwise, especially when you realize you'll never likely get the return you're looking for. Once you realize the investment is a loss you cut ties: if not, you're now incurring opportunity costs because you're failing to pursue other investments (a new QB) that would potentially add more value than the current failed investment you're fruitlessly trying to make work.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Really amazing difference between baseball & football. Fields a young player making a few million is asked to be the Bears savior and asked to play through pain. Then put under the microscope and gets crucified by the fans and media. Cubs and Sox bums can make in the low 20s mil and only mildly critiqued on poor performance compared to Fields.. Baseball players are encouraged to go on the IL for the slightest of injuries. None are ever asked to save a franchise or rarely asked tough questions about their poor performance. None ever seem to be under the least bit of pressure if they have a long term contract.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
There is no single position in any other sport more important than a quarterback. It's why they make significantly more than anyone else. To whom much is given, much will be required.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Nas wrote:
There is no single position in any other sport more important than a quarterback. It's why they make significantly more than anyone else. To whom much is given, much will be required.

True, but someone like Marcus Stroman has had virtually zero media scrutiny, despite not earning his $25m per year.

It's like winning the lottery...if I played, I would rather win a smaller jackpot (like $25m), than the mega jackpots like $700m. The small winners can enjoy their fortunes while staying out of the spotlight.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Tim Jenkins can fix Fields, but it's going to take more than $15 per hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrIdKYYyKJg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

Augie wrote:
Tim Jenkins can fix Fields, but it's going to take more than $15 per hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrIdKYYyKJg

Good video

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:55 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Good run by Khalil Herbert to let the play develop, cut back into the big-ass hole and not blindly follow his blockers into the teeth of the defense.

Jenkins calls everything a "big time throw" but that sidearm rising fastball to pipsqueak Mooney...? Lil
guy can't get up that high.

FIelds doesn't cycle through his receivers at all. If you'e the defense, guard the guy Fields is staring down and
his check-down receiver. Cuz he's never going to get to the other guys. Maybe Ohio State didn't bother with that crap, just wait for
the one guy to get wide open and throw it to him then.

Even on the last play over the middle Jenkins calls big-time, watching it you're like "throw the damn ball already, what are you waiting for"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:40 am 

My takeaway as a guy who last played QB on the mean streets of Minneapolis is that it's almost impossible to throw the ball too early on most of these plays. If I'm Fields and see the film, I'm ripping the throw much early than I 'think' I need to. He should have a better game against the Giants.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Listened to Trent Dilfer on P & S. Quite a lot of insight breaking down the Bears offense, and Fields' play. One of the better Bears guests. Tried Olin & big Cat podcast. Good, but a heavy focus on the O line. The ex players many think Fields could still be very good. And that's what they actually think. Not Score mandated race bias.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Augie wrote:
My takeaway as a guy who last played QB on the mean streets of Minneapolis is that it's almost impossible to throw the ball too early on most of these plays. If I'm Fields and see the film, I'm ripping the throw much early than I 'think' I need to. He should have a better game against the Giants.

that might a good way to coach him on his hesitancy to throw the ball, sort of a costanza rule: if he thinks it's time to throw the ball, he's already held the ball too long. The advantages the offense has over the defense dissipates the longer he waits. A receiver breaks back to him or makes a cut in the route the ball should be arriving in the receiver's hands, not leaving Fields hand.

If Fields can start getting the ball to his receivers faster, his inability to read defenses or go through progressions won't matter as much. Coaches have to be willing to live with more costly interceptions than they'd like but the upside is there.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
On a lot of plays it's not even a question of throwing earlier; rather it's attempting a pass at all.

He has failed to pull the trigger on a bunch of plays where there are receivers open for significant gains.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:56 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
On a lot of plays it's not even a question of throwing earlier; rather it's attempting a pass at all.

He has failed to pull the trigger on a bunch of plays where there are receivers open for significant gains.

having watched all these breakdown videos makes me like the Getsy hire more and more. He seems to have a good system for getting even bad receivers open.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

having watched all these breakdown videos makes me like the Getsy hire more and more. He seems to have a good system for getting even bad receivers open.

It is amazing just how open multiple receivers are on some of these plays--which makes Fields' performance thus far even more discouraging.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

This, and his run offense has been nothing short of spectacular.

With Mustipher playing center.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

As bad as Fields has been in the passing offense, it shouldn't be overlooked that part of the reason the running backs are having so much success is that defenses have to account for Fields as a runner. This loosens things up for Herbert and Montgomery.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
As bad as Fields has been in the passing offense, it shouldn't be overlooked that part of the reason the running backs are having so much success is that defenses have to account for Fields as a runner. This loosens things up for Herbert and Montgomery.

Yep!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:48 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

I was watching the Vikings game Sunday. Did they run any designed runs for Fields or were his carries on scrambles only?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

Augie wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I was watching the Vikings game Sunday. Did they run any designed runs for Fields or were his carries on scrambles only?

There may have been one. Most were pass plays where he was too indecisive about passing.

Edit: He doesn't read the end correctly on the run options. There were a few plays he should have kept the ball.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

Justin Fields was running on the treadmill AND jumping rope after the game.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:04 pm 

In his free time he should hire about 12 people to line up in defensive formations that confuse him and just try to find the right read each down. The more he fails to execute the right throw his manager deducts 100k from Fields' bank and hands it out to random people.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

His IG Jane Fonda workouts tell me how little he and his inner circle get it

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
In his free time he should hire about 12 people to line up in defensive formations that confuse him and just try to find the right read each down. The more he fails to execute the right throw his manager deducts 100k from Fields' bank and hands it out to random people.

His performance thus far certainly begs the question of what exactly he worked on all offseason. Did he practice anything besides throwing deep routes to Mooney?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:03 pm 

When we watch a game, and there is what looks to be a bad throw, it might really be an excellent throw, but the receiver ran a poor route. There must be precision. Don't forget that during training camp, there were injuries to several wide receivers, and that hasn't helped the matter. Byron Pringle was brought in to be a big part of this offense, but he missed most of camp and on Sunday injured his calf and is now on IR. Pringle has never been an injury-prone player, so I believe it's just circumstance. The same can be said about Velus Jones and N'Keal Harry, as they have missed a large amount of practice time.

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2022/ ... us-pringle

Greg Gabriel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:07 pm 

Augie wrote:
When we watch a game, and there is what looks to be a bad throw, it might really be an excellent throw, but the receiver ran a poor route. There must be precision. Don't forget that during training camp, there were injuries to several wide receivers, and that hasn't helped the matter. Byron Pringle was brought in to be a big part of this offense, but he missed most of camp and on Sunday injured his calf and is now on IR. Pringle has never been an injury-prone player, so I believe it's just circumstance. The same can be said about Velus Jones and N'Keal Harry, as they have missed a large amount of practice time.

Greg Gabriel

This is apologia for both Fields and Poles. Someone like Pringle is never brought in to be a "big part" of anything. And all INTs from Sunday were on Fields - that's what all the QB gurus making the talk show circuit say as well, not to mention the A22. Fields himself admits as such. Gabriel can kiss my ass.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:18 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Augie wrote:

Greg Gabriel

This is apologia for both Fields and Poles. Someone like Pringle is never brought in to be a "big part" of anything. And all INTs from Sunday were on Fields - that's what all the QB gurus making the talk show circuit say as well, not to mention the A22. Fields himself admits as such. Gabriel can kiss my ass.

Gabriel has been a consistent apologist for all things Poles and Fields. I'm not sure if he's hoping to get a gig or just wants to stay in the good graces of Halas Hall.

I do know that this is what Bears fans in the blogosphere and on Twitter want to hear.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:27 pm 

i think it is easy to forget that qb's normally throw to spots, not the route actually being run. it's on the receiver to get to the spot on time. even tom brady had 'horrible' throws on sunday that were actually the receiver not getting to where they needed to be.

but, its also the qb's obligation to recognize when a receiver is covered or out of position. fields clearly has a hard time with this because hes taking too long to see anything, which kills any chance of a designed play.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:28 pm 

Nas wrote:
Justin Fields was running on the treadmill AND jumping rope after the game.

thats like an NBA shooter dribbling a lot after a game

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:41 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Really amazing difference between baseball & football. Fields a young player making a few million is asked to be the Bears savior and asked to play through pain. Then put under the microscope and gets crucified by the fans and media. Cubs and Sox bums can make in the low 20s mil and only mildly critiqued on poor performance compared to Fields.. Baseball players are encouraged to go on the IL for the slightest of injuries. None are ever asked to save a franchise or rarely asked tough questions about their poor performance. None ever seem to be under the least bit of pressure if they have a long term contract.

the money in baseball is absurd but isnt that partly due to no caps? the nfl owners make more money because they can only pay out so much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 146  Next