It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:33 pm 

I met him at a record store by Harlem-Irving a few years ago. He was a very very nice guy who signed everything. He was also very very short. But what would you expect from a guy who used to be in a rock group named ELF?

Post subject: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: grimaldis
Panther pislA wrote:
While at U of I in Mid-90's I used to live in an apartment near Mabel's, a hotspot "Metro"-type club that used to get some pretty great local and even national rock/metal groups.

The Demonic Leprechauan must have just left his 'Rainbow In The Dark' and finished a concert, because as my roommate and I were coming back from a night of bar-hopping, his black-as-night tour bus was parked right in front of our complex, AND R.J.D. HIMSELF WAS DRUNK AND SITTING ON THE STOOP LEADING INTO MY APARTMENT WHILE HANGING WITH A COUPLE OF GROUPIES AND SALUTING PASSERS-BY!

We exchanged high fives and gnarly "hang-loose" gestures and just told him how awesome he was and how cool it was to meet him. Then we asked the rock legend to step aside so we could get in, and we went back up to our apartment to continue partying with some friends that came down form the 'burbs.

We were totally pumped for a good ten minutes!

and then you went out and kicked someones ass that probably deserved it