It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:24 am 
1000 CLUB

Pretty cool tonight as Chris Chelios hosted his pre party at 'Stanley's' on Lincoln ave before his golf outing which happens in about 6 hours but Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam got up and did 3 songs with a band called Half Way Jane and also did a duet with Kid Rock.

Got to meet Eddie and shook his hand and seemed to be very shy and soft spoken and very small ...Not a big guy..It was awesome to be 5 feet away when Eddie sang "Black" and "Daughter" and I met Kid Rock last year but he was there tonight and I really have no use for the guy...A bit of a dick.

Met Dennis Rodman tonight as well and that guy needs rehab more than I did..Just a waste case .. Paully Korneko was there and I was the only one who knew who he was..Paully seemd like a kid in a candy store when Vedder started singing and stood in front of the band with his camera phone filming the whole thing and signing along and no I didn't ask him about my photos to Crede as my friends were screwing around trying to get me to do it. ..John Cusak , a pud way too big for the room .. Keep him ..

Others we met and hung with Bernie Kosar whose in our foursome again this year and is just a great guy. Roenick , Brett Hull and a few other hockey players you guys would not know.. But the highlight for me was cathcing Vedder doing some songs and getting to meet him afterwards.

I'll post some pictures up if you guys want to see them ..I' have no clue how to do it so I will either get them to Grid or Chris on Wednesday after a get some sleep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:59 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
This is more brushes with fame in one night than every thread in the forum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:34 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Those are more than brushes, those are full-on rubs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:35 am 

Yeah, well I saw Ronnie Woo Woo last week in front of Sluggers.

Sounds like a great time Ed. Do all participants in the golf outing get invited or do you have a special relationship with Chelios?

By the way, I just saw that Stanley's opened a place in the west loop at about Racine and the Eisenhower. I've always kind of liked Stanley's but the parking at the Lincoln location is a bear. I might have to check this one out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:06 am 
1000 CLUB

You were the only one who knew who Paul Konerko was? What the hell kind of crowd were you around Slappy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:23 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Keeping Score wrote:
I think Slappy is flaunting again

Just a review of a pretty cool thing that happen to me KS. Unlike my guy Woodridge Ryan , I give full reports. No flaunting , if that was the case I would of reported that Rodman came out with us afterwards and enjoyed some strippers at VIP'S..Now that's bragging. :wink:

To answer a few questions from you guys.. Yes, the golfers get to hang the night before with a little concert by one of two guys (Vedder, this year ,Kid Rock last year) for the last several years and this is the first year I did the pre-party and thought it would be cool to share it with you guys.

Paully just blends in and my buddy is the guy that said"Isn't that P.K."? And he's just a huge music fan I guess.

I valet my car and your right there is no where to park and the company that valet my car failed to tell me they go home at 11:00 pm so I had to pay a cab driver $125 bucks to get home and I'm sure my truck was towed so yes that kind of sucked. Well the outing iin about an hour so I have to take off.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:09 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
Slap Shot ED wrote:
a few other hockey players you guys would not know..

Try me, Slappy.

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="Stinkfinger The Crow"]
Slap Shot ED wrote:
a few other hockey players you guys would not know..

Try me, Slappy.
[/quote]

Your guy Sheldon Souray(big dude), Nash, Lebda, Roenick , both Hulls Booby and Brett , Stan Mikita, Grant Mulvey, Reid Simpson, Redden, Lidstrom and a couple young guys from the Hawks, Sens and Leafs who I was not aware of who they were ..

A follow up to the outing yesterday....... I was blown away having Eddie Vedder coming out and doing a 45 minute set with Half way Jane on the 10th tee-box at Big Run Golf course yesterday ....Still on cloud 9 after his performance. Halfway Jane has a myspce site and a sampling of there music and you guys should check'em out . A great group of young kids and very, very cool. They are playing down here in a few weeks and I told them I come and check them out.

The looks on the faces from the guys in Half way Jane was priceless. They do there own music but are "AWESOME" as a P.J. tribute band and the singer is a dead ringer for Eddie's voice and it was so classy of Eddie to let him do a song as he sat and watch the kid sing "Yellow led Better".

Really cool stuff.

Not too much bragging KS???? :wink: :roll: :lol: A very humble SSE. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

Slappy, one of my best friends was playing in that outing, he's the assistant pro for Joliet Country Club, and he played in the foursome with Bob Nardella and won the auction for the skate around at the UC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="Stinkfinger The Crow"]Slappy, one of my best friends was playing in that outing, he's the assistant pro for Joliet Country Club, and he played in the foursome with Bob Nardella and won the auction for the skate around at the UC.
[/quote]

Yep, the guy was 5 feet away from me. HE taken you with him ? A buddy and I spilt the skate around with Cheli and the Red Wings up in Detroit again.

This should futher Stu's rants about my man-crush on #24 and I how I want gay sex with the 25 man roster at Joe Louis. :roll:

They had some great auction items this year.. Two signed guitars that Eddie played in the outing went for $41,000 , save the smart ass comments, I did not even think about it. A green Masters jacket signed by the last 25 winners went for $15,000 and I think Brett Hull won that one. Tons of other great itmes.

The had a Mike North gift basket on the silent action table that went without a bid..Funny .... A basket full of what I don't know but the looks on peoples face when they walked buy was worth a bid in it self.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Slap Shot ED wrote:
Yep, the guy was 5 feet away from me. HE taken you with him ?

Yeah, he said he was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Keeping Score wrote:
Any idea where that basket ended up Slappy? I'm always looking for items to add to my basement known as "Scoreland"

Now that's some damn good smack. Magic1 would be proud of you KS.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="Stinkfinger The Crow"]
Slap Shot ED wrote:
Yep, the guy was 5 feet away from me. HE taken you with him ?

Quote:
Yeah, he said he was.
[/quote]

It's a skate around with Bourque and Havlet is what Giangreco had said during the auction ..That would be very cool. Bring sticks and jerseys to get signed. And a camera to post some pictures up here .

Very cool. But wait, you fired the Hawks correct? You can't go or better yet wear your AVS jersey during the skate around. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Slap Shot ED wrote:

It's a skate around with Bourque and Havlet is what Giangreco had said during the auction ..That would be very cool. Bring sticks and jerseys to get signed. And a camera to post some pictures up here .

Very cool. But wait, you fired the Hawks correct? You can't go or better yet wear your AVS jersey during the skate around. :lol:

I'm not really an autograph hound, so I'll just take some pictures. My friend said it was Wisniewski, but if it's Havlat, that'd be even cooler. I'll be polite but I'm sure my desertion will get brought up by my friend. Hopefully we'll get em to go out and have a few pops afterward also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:24 pm 

Stinkfinger The Crow wrote:
Slap Shot ED wrote:

I'm not really an autograph hound, so I'll just take some pictures. My friend said it was Wisniewski, but if it's Havlat, that'd be even cooler. I'll be polite but I'm sure my desertion will get brought up by my friend. Hopefully we'll get em to go out and have a few pops afterward also.

Is dollar Bill making you buy tickets to that night's game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mustang Rob wrote:
Stinkfinger The Crow wrote:
Slap Shot ED wrote:

Is dollar Bill making you buy tickets to that night's game?

I certainly hope not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
[quote="Keeping ScoreAny idea where that basket ended up Slappy? I'm always looking for items to add to my basement known as "Scoreland"
[/quote]

I guess your off my guest list for a Bears game visit down at "Slappyland". :wink:

Let's see, I guess your basement would consist of Murph's yellow Pad, Tom Shaers table 10, Bernsteins dictionary,, Abbey's old draws, Stan from Bellwoods phone, Anne Maxfileds coffee cup ,a strippers pole from heavenly Bodies...... Your a good man KS..

Slappyland always has a chair for a cat like you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="Keeping Score"][
On a side note, I also have Grobber's Press Pass on display.
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Will have Jullie Swicka give you a lift home. You can talk cooking with her on the drive home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:46 am 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="Slap Shot ED"][[
This should futher Stu's rants about my man-crush on #24 and I how I want Burrito sex with the 25 man roster at Joe Louis. :roll:

You said it , I didn't . :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

A few pictures from the event.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.j ... nn_speed=1

Last edited by Slap Shot ED on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
The guy that plays Desmond on Lost could play Eddie Vedder in the Pearl Jam story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:42 pm 

Isn't that Spaulding I see on the left hand side middle of a few of those pictures?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
No. I was not in attendance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:13 am 

Is that Rich from Big N Rich in the background of the first picture? Don't worry about how I know who Big N Rich is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

I assume you did not follow Kid Rock to a Waffle house after this party? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:09 am 
1000 CLUB

I know this a bit tardy but I ran into the lead singer of Halfway Jane this weeknd and he sent me this link and this is the band that sat In at Cheli's golf outing and had the honor of sitting in with Eddie Vedder at Stanley's back about a year or so ago. One of the coolest things I've gotten to see and Rodman is on stage with Eddie .

Footage is a bit dark but you can hear Eddie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFUpAQ1Z ... PL&index=1

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:21 am 

A little dark? Kid Cairo would have looked like Powder on that film.

It would have been cool to be that up close while he sang a few songs. I would have punched out the half drunk slunts singing along at the top of their lungs.