All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Led Zeppelin Reissuing The Song Remains The Same With Six New Songs
Friday July 27, 2007 @ 05:30 PM
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

Led Zeppelin

Both oldtime Led Zeppelin fans and those who are looking for a comprehensive introduction to the British rock legends have something to look forward to in November.

Atlantic/Rhino will release a two-disc, 24-song best-of titled Mothership on Nov. 13, followed by a deluxe reissue of The Song Remains The Same film and its accompanying soundtrack a week later.

The songs on Mothership were chosen by surviving Led Zeppelin members Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones. The compilation features songs from all eight of their studio albums and new liner notes by rock writer David Fricke. It will be released in four separate versions: a standard package featuring two CDs; a deluxe edition featuring the two discs and a 90-minute DVD of live performance footage culled from the Led Zeppelin DVD; a limited-edition collector's edition featuring the same three discs, only in fancier packaging; and a four-LP version on audiophile-quality vinyl that comes with collectible memorabilia.

A lot of pot smoke billowed through movie theatres when The Song Remains The Same, a concert film featuring songs from Zeppelin's three-night stint at New York City's Madison Square Garden, was released in 1976. In addition to the movie's 14 songs, Warner Home Video's new DVD features newly remixed and remastered sound, 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound and has more than 40 minutes of bonus material, including never-before-released performance footage of "Over The Hills And Far Away" and "Celebration Day." There are also performances of "Misty Mountain Hop" and "The Ocean," a 1976 BBC interview with Plant and former Zep manager Peter Grant, TV footage and a radio show featuring Academy Award-winning director and former rock journalist Cameron Crowe.

The DVD will be released in three versions: deluxe edition; deluxe edition HD DVD and Blu-ray; and the limited collector's edition, a two-disc set that includes a vintage T-shirt with the original album artwork, the soundtrack CD, lobby cards, reproductions of invitations to the film's premiere, a tour schedule and other collectibles.

Plant, Page and Jones oversaw the remixing and remastering of the soundtrack, which includes six songs that weren't on the original release: "Black Dog," "Over The Hills And Far Away," "Misty Mountain Hop," "Since I've Been Loving You," "The Ocean" and "Heartbreaker." It also features new liner notes by Crowe.

Here are the songs on Mothership:

Disc one:

"Good Times Bad Times"
"Communication Breakdown"
"Dazed And Confused"
"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You"
"Whole Lotta Love"
"Ramble On"
"Heartbreaker"
"Immigrant Song"
"Since I've Been Loving You"
"Rock And Roll"
"Black Dog"
"When The Levee Breaks"
"Stairway To Heaven"
Disc two:

"Song Remains The Same"
"Over The Hills And Far Away"
"D'Yer Maker"
"No Quarter"
"Trampled Under Foot"
"Houses Of The Holy"
"Kashmir"
"Nobody's Fault But Mine"
"Achilles Last Stand"
"In The Evening"
"All My Love"

Here are the tracks on The Song Remains The Same:

Disc one:

"Rock And Roll"
"Celebration Day"
"Black Dog"
"Over The Hills"
"Misty Mountain Hop"
"Since I've Been Loving You"
"No Quarter"
"The Song Remains The Same"
"Rain Song"
"The Ocean"
Disc two:

"Dazed And Confused"
"Stairway To Heaven"
"Moby Dick"
"Heartbreaker"
"Whole Lotta Love"

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.