It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:03 am 

redskingreg wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
They ended on four acoustic songs. Last being Shot in the Arm. Great way to end it.

That sounds like a very boring way to end a show.

Except it wasn't, DB. You'll be happy to know that everyone stood the entire show.

It was at The Riv. I would hope people would be standing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:01 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Definitely enjoyed this mini-residency at the Riv. Not too long ago I wasn't the least bit familiar with Wilco, now I've got 3 shows and a solo Tweedy set to my name. Regretfully, I wasn't able to make it to any of the first three, but I'm glad I was able to catch at least two of the six.
redskingreg wrote:
I don't see a setlist posted for last night's show yet. After about ten songs, my buddy and I were debating leaving after the first set. I didn't really know many of the songs they had played, nor did most of the crowd, so it was a pretty dull vibe. Then they started playing more familiar songs, and everyone loosened up a bit. Glad I stayed. Hotel Arizona was the highlight for me. I always love the solo in Art of Almost (not played), but the HA solo absolutely blew me away. Literally just had my mouth open in awe for a good 30-45 seconds. Nels Cline went insane. Hoping someone puts it online. I can't find any similar versions. They ended on four acoustic songs. Last being Shot in the Arm. Great way to end it.

Went to the Tuesday/Thursday shows. I actually thought Tuesday was the better of the two- maybe that can be attributed to where I watched the show from. Tuesday was on the floor near the soundboard, Thursday was on the summit of Everest because I wanted to be able to sit, and also because I'd rather have the liquor girls do my bidding at the bar so that I wouldn't have to remove myself from the show multiple times over the course of the evening.

redskingreg wrote:
Nels Cline went insane.

I enjoy Nels Cline. Great presence and pretty damn good at his craft.