It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Wu Tang
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
well i didn't read the entire thing yet just the juicy parts, but didn't he say RZA was bringing in a relative/cousin or something ? and he's the one who produced the 1st single that Raekwon hates ? i could see bringing in an outside friend/relative to produce being problematic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:21 pm 

Bagels wrote:
well i didn't read the entire thing yet just the juicy parts, but didn't he say RZA was bringing in a relative/cousin or something ? and he's the one who produced the 1st single that Raekwon hates ? i could see bringing in an outside friend/relative to produce being problematic

His brother, yes. That's been an issue. Once you read the whole article you'll see what I mean.

RZA’s saying this is Wu-Tang’s last album? OK. Cool. That’s what it is? You the Abbot? It’s the Abbot show? Aiight, then it’s the last fuckin’ album

As far as the RZA, I respect him, I love him – the love ain’t gonna go anywhere – but you’re not in the music world no more. So to me, you need to take a backseat and respect the n---as that is playing the game. I’m always out in the field and finding out what’s going on with the new. Period.

Today, I don’t know where RZA’s mind is at. I don’t know if he looks at himself as being a top producer. But you’re not the top producer no more. You’re definitely one of the best, but you’re not one of the best today.

There is fault on both sides for sure. But most of the stuff Rae is pissed about is kinda all due to Rza putting together the group in the beginning. He was all good with RZA back then and he signed on with RZA as the leader.

Rza is Eddie Van Halen and Rae is DLR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:50 am 

RZA has responded to some of the allegations lobbied by Raekwon in a recent interview with Rolling Stone, clarifying certain statements and reiterating that Wu-Tang Clan "need him" on the upcoming album A Better Tomorrow.

50 Greatest Hip-Hop Songs of All Time: Wu-Tang Clan's "C.R.E.A.M."
"We can call it arguing or we can call it building," RZA told New York radio station Hot 97. "What we're not doing as brothers and as business brothers is putting time together. So I gotta read about how he feel. He gotta read about how I feel. I try to make myself as available as I can. I won't deny; I'm a busy man."

RZA first spoke to Raekwon's claim that he was a "bold-faced liar" when the producer said, "I haven’t had a chance to really talk to him about why [he's not involved with the album]." The original interview, he said, was shot before he spoke to Raekwon, but aired after the two had discussed the Wu's future plans.

"We did speak six, seven days ago and he gave me his demands, which we presented to the company," said RZA. "If they can be reached, they can be reached. If they can't, they can't. And if they can't, then we have to reevaluate what we're going to do. But there was no lying there."

Asked by host Peter Rosenberg if Raekwon was still an important piece of Wu-Tang Clan, RZA immediately agreed. "When you form Voltron, you need every piece," said the Wu producer. "We need him there. I want him there. I ask him over and over to be there. Let's just come together. Put some time together and make some music and see what comes out of it."

Raekwon told Rolling Stone last week that Wu-Tang's latest song, "Keep Watch" was "mediocre shit" and that RZA was too removed from the music world. "As far as the RZA, I respect him, I love him – the love ain’t gonna go anywhere – but you’re not in the music world no more," the rapper said. "So to me, you need to take a backseat and respect the n---as that is playing the game. I’m always out in the field and finding out what’s going on with the new. Period.

RZA’s the type of dude where, in the Nineties, he ruled. Now it’s a new day. You’re not attached no more. It’s like being a coach and you won rings back in the day, but now your team is in ninth place. It’s time for a new fucking game plan."

The full interview can be seen below, with RZA's comments about Raekwon beginning 15 minutes in.

RZA Says Raekwon Dispute Has 30 Days Before Final Decision On Wu-Tang Clan Album

by JAY BALFOUR

"If we don't come to terms I think within the next 30 days, then this will either be an album without Raekwon or an album that never see the light of day," RZA said.

Continuing an ongoing group conflict that has played out largely in public interviews, Wu-Tang Clan member RZA sat down with SI Now and updated fans on the possibility that either Raekwon will not feature on their upcoming album, A Better Tomorrow, or that it may not be released at all.

“Let me say this to you,” the Brick Mansions actor said. “I haven’t said this publicly but I’m gonna say this. The album is slated to come out in July. If we don’t come to terms I think within the next 30 days, then this will either be an album without Raekwon or an album that never sees the light of day. That’s a very strong potential. I would not want to put out a Wu-Tang album without every live member available. We can’t put Ol’ Dirty on it ‘cause he’s not here physical. At the same time, I don’t want the fans not to have this incredible music that we’ve been working on for the last year. So that’s gonna be a tough decision but we got about thirty days I think to make that decision and to come to that conclusion. Either way it goes. The sad part would be if it goes the way that it doesn’t come out. I would be very disappointed. But I know that the Wu-Tang legacy has already made a great mark on the world.”

When asked by SI Now host Maggie Gray asked about his instincts on the album’s fate, Rza said his “gut feelings says yes.”

“My gut has been good,” he added. “I’ve been pretty good. I got a 90% batting average.”

In an interview with Hot 97 that aired yesterday, RZA explained frustrations with the Raekwon dispute continually manifesting itself through the media.

“I wanna clear one thing up on the Raekwon thing because the newest article in Rolling Stone, Raekwon says that I’m a bold-face liar, right? Which I’m far from,” RZA said. “I don’t need to lie. Okay, I’m a grown man…But what happened was I did an interview a few weeks ago that just came out later. And I guess when it came out he read it then, but I spoke to Raekwon about eight days ago. But the interview was probably 14 or 16 days ago. So, he says in his interview ‘RZA’s a liar. He spoke to me.’ No, when I did the interview brother I didn’t speak [to you]. I hadn’t spoken to him in six months before that. Until recently. Last time I saw that brother was on tour in the summer. So, we didn’t get a chance to chop up the ideas of what I’m trying to do.”

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:04 pm 

Quote:
Yes, Cher Is on the New Wu-Tang Clan Album
She sings, "Wu-Tang, baby. They rock the world"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:55 pm 

http://m.xxlmag.com/news/2014/11/wu-tang-clan-a-better-tomorrow-album-preview/

My excitement was at about a 2 for this album after the let down that was 8 diagrams

2 of the three singles so far are great and if this article is accurate its gonna be real good

They're past their prime as a group obviously but I think they're capable of a good album, full of 90s era type bangers, which most Wu fans would be happy with

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Wu-Tang Name Generator

http://www.mess.be/inickgenwuname.php

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:55 pm 

Raekwon's Fly International Luxury Art (FILA) coming out Apr 28

If you like Raekwon and a bunch of featured guests (and you should) you will love it

No. Title Producer(s)[30][31] Length
1. "Intro" Jerry Wonda 1:09
2. "4 in the Morning" (featuring Ghostface Killah) Scram Jones 3:21
3. "I Got Money" (featuring ASAP Rocky) S1 3:21
4. "Wall to Wall" (featuring French Montana and Busta Rhymes) She da God, Snaz 5:02
5. "Heated Nights" Frank G 3:02
6. "F.I.L.A. World" (featuring 2 Chainz) Scram Jones 4:21
7. "1,2, 1,2" (featuring Snoop Dogg) Scoop DeVille 3:20
8. "Live to Die" S1 3:12
9. "Soundboy Kill It" (featuring Melanie Fiona and Assassin) Jerry Wonda 3:07
10. "Revory (Wraith)" (featuring Ghostface Killah and Rick Ross) Bluerocks 3:24
11. "All About You" (featuring Estelle) Jerry Wonda 3:25
12. "Nautilus" Scram Jones 2:39
13. "Worst Enemy" (featuring Liz Rodrigues) Matthew Burnett 3:43
References[edit]
Jump up ^

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
To this day, I've still never actually one of their songs.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:13 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:

cool story bro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:24 am 

wdelaney72 wrote:

Oh, Im sure you've heard parts of their songs and not known it.

There's just too many of them

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Man accuses wife of sleeping with the entire Wu Tang Clan...

...on Divorce Court. :lol:

http://www.brobible.com/entertainment/article/divorce-court-wutang-clan/