It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:02 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
I dont know what that means. He's no different than he's ever been.

He's a star. He does dumb stuff that the public talks about a lot (nothing new for famous musicians). His next album will be another classic. Good enough for me.
It used to seem kind of cool and edgy. It is just sad now. He went on E! afterwards and basically did a 3 minute love letter to Beyonce. If I'm Jay-Z, I'm embarrassed that a supposed friend is openly in love with my wife.

Nah, it's not like that at all. He's clearly making it a race thing. Its not that he's in love with Beyonce. He thinks the public and the Grammys favor white people or at least prefer white people. Its not that crazy. (though I dont agree with him)

I cant imagine you ever thought Kanye was cool

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
He makes good music even though his last album was overrated but he is still pretty much an embarrassment. Michael Jackson made good music for decades too.

Well, that's pretty much what I said in our original discussion (but molesting kids is slightly worse than being conceited and loud)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:05 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Nah, it's not like that at all. He's clearly making it a race thing. Its not that he's in love with Beyonce. He thinks the public and the Grammys favor white people or at least prefer white people. Its not that crazy. (though I dont agree with him)
No he isn't. http://gawker.com/kim-smiles-nervously-as-kanye-delivers-his-full-beck-ra-1684611748#_ga=1.198021036.2060849212.1418228892

He probably thinks that too, but this was all about worship of Beyonce.
rogers park bryan wrote:
:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:09 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
No he isn't. http://gawker.com/kim-smiles-nervously-as-kanye-delivers-his-full-beck-ra-1684611748#_ga=1.198021036.2060849212.1418228892

So the guy that said it thinks its one thing. But you say it's something else.

I think Ill stick with him.

It's totally about race. Did you ever hear his long interviews about the Taylor Swift thing? He immediately starts talking about his mom getting arrested at sit ins during the civil rights battles.

You're just wrong here. It's not about Beyonce worship. Before Beyonce he used to complain about himself not winning. Was that Beyonce worship too?

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
:roll:

If you are saying at some point you thought he was cool, then I believe you.

If asked before this thread, Id have guessed not

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Only reason I even knew it was on was due to having money on JB Holmes winning the Farmers!

cant think of anything more foolish of awards show for something as subjective as MUSIC! ughh...somewhere , somehow the same people that create the music then vote on it! Could you have a more self grandiose event? Does Walmart sponsor this?

Hell, even Barbeque events have outsiders vote on who has the best ribs!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:13 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Actually, I think it's all about worship of Kanye. He's screaming "LOOK AT ME!!!!!!" And that's fine. That's what superstars do. Walking up there last night was pretty funny.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:13 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

It's totally about race. Did you ever hear his long interviews about the Taylor Swift thing?

You're just wrong here. It's not about Beyonce worship. Before Beyonce he used to complain about himself not winning. Was that Beyonce worship too?
Did you watch the videos there?

He didn't mention race once. Not one time. I don't think Kanye is the type to hold back if he actually meant that Beyonce didn't win because she was black.
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
If you are saying at some point you thought he was cool, then I believe you.

If asked before this thread, Id have guessed not
Well, now you know.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:14 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Walking up there last night was pretty funny.
I thought so too. I thought he was making fun of himself.

Turns out he wasn't.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:16 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

It's totally about race. Did you ever hear his long interviews about the Taylor Swift thing?

Did you watch the videos there?

He didn't mention race once. Not one time. I don't think Kanye is the type to hold back if he actually meant that Beyonce didn't win because she was black.

Yes, why do you think the inspirational artist didnt get acknowledged (in Kanye's head)?

Anyway, he's probably gay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:17 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Walking up there last night was pretty funny.
I thought so too. I thought he was making fun of himself.

Turns out he wasn't.

Sure he was. He walked up and smiled and walked back down and everyone laughed.

The interview after doesnt change that. If he would have actually interrupted Beck, then you'd have a good point

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:19 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Sure he was.
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:21 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Sure he was.

Did he say it wasnt a joke?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:23 am 

When he walked up on stage, it was funny.

When he disrespects Beck afterward to tell the world how disrespectful it is that Beyonce didn't win, it's idiotic. Dude probably needs help. His performances were not good either. I'm sure that weighed on this also.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:23 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I don't think you watched the videos in that link.
Quote:
Flawless, Beyoncé video, and Beck needs to respect artistry and he should have given his award to Beyoncé.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:25 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
I don't think you watched the videos in that link.
Quote:
Flawless, Beyoncé video, and Beck needs to respect artistry and he should have given his award to Beyoncé.

I read the transcripts, I cant have Kanye yelling in my office.

Ok, I guess i was wrong.

Weird though, he did something funny that got a laugh, but he wasnt really joking.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:27 am 

spanky wrote:
When he walked up on stage, it was funny.

When he disrespects Beck afterward to tell the world how disrespectful it is that Beyonce didn't win, it's idiotic. Dude probably needs help. His performances were not good either. I'm sure that weighed on this also.

You and a guy in my office didnt like his performance but it seems to be getting good reviews online from what I can tell. Maybe im looking in the wrong places though.

He needs help like all narcissists need help. (Several on this board) Its not like he's going to hurt himself or anyone around him (I dont think)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:27 am 

If I'm Jay-Z I'm not accepting any open food or beverages from Kanye.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:29 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
If I'm Jay-Z I'm not accepting any open food or beverages from Kanye.

Cant be too careful

I think Kanye will die soon. I dont mean to be morbid but he just feels like one of those people in music that dies young. Ive thought this for a while though.

Beyonce is overrated, btw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:31 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
You and a guy in my office didnt like his performance but it seems to be getting good reviews online from what I can tell.

Weird. I have not talked to anybody that thought the 1st performance was good.
If somebody would like to explain how that performance was "good" or even "decent", I'd be willing to listen for at least 5 seconds.

100% auto-tune, no instruments, no band, no dancing, no set, no.........nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Da Jewelz
rogers park bryan wrote:
He needs help like all narcissists need help. (Several on this board)

FUCK YOU!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
bigfan wrote:

cant think of anything more foolish of awards show for something as subjective as MUSIC! !

yes, because music is the only art form that has an award show dedicated to it...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:32 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I think Kanye will die soon. I dont mean to be morbid but he just feels like one of those people in music that dies young. Ive thought this for a while though.

Beyonce is overrated, btw

Agree on both of these.

At the very least, you'd think Kanye could hook up with KS, IMU, and Drop In and just start his own awards show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:34 am 

spanky wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
You and a guy in my office didnt like his performance but it seems to be getting good reviews online from what I can tell.

Weird. I have not talked to anybody that thought the 1st performance was good.
If somebody would like to explain how that performance was "good" or even "decent", I'd be willing to listen for at least 5 seconds.

100% auto-tune, no instruments, no band, no dancing, no set, no.........nothing.

I googled "Kanye Grammy performance" and got a bunch of results with words like groundbreaking

I hated his mostly auto tune album and auto tune in general so Id probably agree with you on that.

Kanye West’s First Grammy Performance In Six Years Was Raw, Emotional And Worth The Wait: Watch
Yeezy performed 'Only One.'

Kanye West hit the Grammy stage for the first time in six years on Sunday night (Feb. 8), and it was a reminder that we’d probably all be better off if he just performed every year.

As the lights in the house went out, ‘Ye emerged (in what looked to be a velour sweatsuit) onto the black stage standing above a single spotlight, singing his heartfelt new single, “Only One.” The track features Paul McCartney, who didn’t join the rapper on stage, but was shown in his seat shortly before the performance began.

kanyegrammys1
The single, which was released on New Year’s Day and finds ‘Ye singing rather than rapping, is written from the perspective of his late mother, Donda, as she addresses rap star.

“You’re not perfect, but you’re not your mistakes,” he sang at one point, relaying a beautiful piece of motherly advice. Later, Kanye’s mother — through him — asks Kanye to talk about her to North, who she never met. “Tell Nori about me, tell Nori about me,” he crooned emotionally.

Though he lost out on the two awards he was nominated for tonight — Kendrick Lamar won Best Rap Song, while Eminem and Rihanna won Best Rap/Sung Collaboration — he definitely won with this classically Kanye performance.

As the song came to a close, ‘Ye walked out of the spotlight, disappearing into the darkness, and leaving us wanting more.

Luckily, he’s performing again tonight, alongside Rihanna and McCartney.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:36 am 

I'm not interested in this enough to have a google contest. I think it would be pretty even.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:37 am 

spanky wrote:
I'm not interested in this enough to have a google contest. I think it would be pretty even.

You're probably right. Im not arguing. I expected to find a lot of stuff ripping Kanye and was surprised to see some of the good reviews. (but some publications will just love anything he does)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:37 am 

Kanye could say "I'm singing a song" 50 straight times on stage and many people would talk about how he changed the whole music industry.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Nothing better than multi millionaires pouring their hearts out for lifes struggles, so touching.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:39 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Kanye could say "I'm singing a song" 50 straight times on stage and many people would talk about how he changed the whole music industry.

True, he's getting the Beatle treatment.

Rolling Stone...

The powerhouse ensemble of Rihanna, Kanye West and Paul McCartney dazzled with their pop collaboration "FourFiveSeconds" in a relatively stripped-back performance at the Grammys.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:42 am 

Kanye is hilarious

"I’m 36 years old and I have 21 Grammys," West said during a concert in 2013. "That’s the most Grammys of any 36-year-old. Out of all of those 21 Grammys, I’ve never won a Grammy against a white artist. ... So when the Grammys nominations come out, and 'Yeezus' is the top one or two album on every single list, but only gets two nominations from the Grammys, what are they trying to say? Do they think that I wouldn’t notice? Do they think that, someway, that I don’t have the power to completely diminish all of their credibility at this moment?"

Continued West: "But no, no. Only positive energy, only positive vibes. But when you see me talking about what people are doing when I say 'marginalized,' when I say 'boxed in,' when I say 'hold back,' when I say 'people are afraid of the truth,' that’s one example right in front of you. And people come to me and they congratulate me on those two nominations. Fuck those nominations."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:44 am 

Beck showing slightly more class about all of this than Kanye. Here is his response:

Beck has offered his thoughts on the whole situation in an interview with Us Weekly. Turns out he was actually kind of stoked about the whole thing. "I was just so excited he was coming up. He deserves to be on stage as much as anybody," Beck told Us Weekly. "How many great records has he put out in the last five years, right?” Asked about West's comments that Beyoncé should have won, Beck replied, “Absolutely,” adding, "I thought she was going to win. Come on, she's Beyoncé!”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:49 am 

spanky wrote:
Beck showing slightly more class about all of this than Kanye. Here is his response:

Beck has offered his thoughts on the whole situation in an interview with Us Weekly. Turns out he was actually kind of stoked about the whole thing. "I was just so excited he was coming up. He deserves to be on stage as much as anybody," Beck told Us Weekly. "How many great records has he put out in the last five years, right?” Asked about West's comments that Beyoncé should have won, Beck replied, “Absolutely,” adding, "I thought she was going to win. Come on, she's Beyoncé!”

:lol:

I love Beck. I just read he's a Scientologist though. Oh well.

Maybe Ill DL that album