It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RHCP reviews
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:15 am 

I lifted these from Stu's thread:

STU-GOTZ
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:44 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the down time I'm starting a new segment called "Stu and review" in where I will review and give tips to concerts , shows , sporting events and dinning out.

Last night I checked out the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the show was a 6 on the scale of 1 to 10 . I thought the band was ok , sound was sub-par but they have great eneregy. Flea is the best bassiest out there. The bad thing was it was about 95 degrees inside Allstates which made it very uncomfortable and combine that with all the pot smoke and you could not breath . A very weird crowd and I figured out where all the Dead heads have gone... They now follow the Peppers it seems like .A lot of smelly , very ugly people were in Rosemont last night .

I did stop and pay homage to where Chet was beat up after the show.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mustang Rob

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:10 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stu,
I saw John Frusciante, and the 3 other guys as well.
I'm with you on the crowd-an odd mix of 13 & 50 year old's.

I was a little surprised that vitually every song they played became a vehicle for Frusciante to deliver a blistering solo.
He was definitely feeling it last night, and overshadowed the rest of the band, including Flea - which is not easy.
I was glad they broke out "Me & my friends", but would have loved to hear anything off "Mother's milk"

Not sure where you sat, but the conditions on the lower level were OK.
The pot smoke drifted up & the temp was only around 92. I did go outside for a song to cool off. The sound sucked as it always does at the Allstate, but on Frusciante's performance alone I give them a 7.5.

Gnarls Barkley did a solid job opening choosing to perform last night as "The School of Rock" & kicking off with "Another brick in the wall"