It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
they're back!

and it's about fucking time....gish/siamese/and a little machina thrown in.
better than zwan and future embrace. (not saying much)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:44 am 
1000 CLUB

been there done that, nothing to special just another bloated, middle of the road Pumpkins album. I actually like Billy's solo disc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

nothing to special?

did you listen to track 7, united states?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:50 am 
1000 CLUB

To be fair DEP, I have not heard all of it and I know in these parts thou shall not trash the great pumpkin. But I was never a big Pumpkins fan, "Siamese" loses steam half way through, "Mellon Collie" like most double discs would have been a brilliant single disc and the later stuff is hit or miss. I just found them to always be very inconsistent, understandably so with there ego driven leader and a bunch of junkies filling out the squad (some very talented ones at that). I’ve heard “United States” is a bitchin prog jam so I’m sure I’ll like it but the songs I’ve heard are the classic metal-y, sludge-y, shoegaze-y stuff the Pumpkins and countless others have already done. At this point in my life I’m just sick of re-unions. I’d love to see RATM and QOTSA at Alpine but paying 70 some odd fuckin dollars to see a grown man scream “fuck you I wont do what you told me” just makes me shiver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:54 am 
1000 CLUB

hmmm...
fair enough.
you'll dig united states for sure...it's pretty cool
"tonight..i wanna fight...i wanna fight....revolution"

fyi: my love for the pumpkins is based on all things released/recorded august 1993 and prior.
so, i have no problem living in the past or paying $75 to try not to fall on my ass in the lawn seats to hear just that... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
Rocks and Blows wrote:
To be fair DEP, I have not heard all of it and I know in these parts thou shall not trash the great pumpkin. But I was never a big Pumpkins fan, "Siamese" loses steam half way through, "Mellon Collie" like most double discs would have been a brilliant single disc and the later stuff is hit or miss. I just found them to always be very inconsistent, understandably so with there ego driven leader and a bunch of junkies filling out the squad (some very talented ones at that). I’ve heard “United States” is a bitchin prog jam so I’m sure I’ll like it but the songs I’ve heard are the classic metal-y, sludge-y, shoegaze-y stuff the Pumpkins and countless others have already done. At this point in my life I’m just sick of re-unions. I’d love to see RATM and QOTSA at Alpine but paying 70 some odd fuckin dollars to see a grown man scream “fuck you I wont do what you told me” just makes me shiver.

I don't want to pull a NSJ, but this is a brilliant post.