It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Finding an old friend
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:38 pm 

Yesterday, I was cleaning out my desk and came across a jewel case with an unmarked CD so I popped it in my laptop and suddenly REM's Eponymous was playing through the speakers. I realized after listening why I was a bigfan of that CD.

Anyone else have an experience like that?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Yes, I have had the same experience with R.E.M.'s Murmur CD. Great listen.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
can't say that it was an unmarked disc, but i recently listed to god lives underwater's 1995 release "empty"
good stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Tall Midget wrote:

I say this with all sincerity- that is the greatest album of all time. I never ask for specific Christmas presents but I did ask my wife that she get me the remastered 2CD edition of this since I love it so much. Timeless.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:15 am 

I popped in John Mellencamps Big Daddy the other day. I absolutely LOVE that CD.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:43 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
doug - evergreen park wrote:
can't say that it was an unmarked disc, but i recently listed to god lives underwater's 1995 release "empty"
good stuff.

"No More Love" got used in Fox's MLB ads a couple years ago. Life In The So-Called Space Age was a turd with the exception of the wonderful "From Your Mouth" (one of the best and most literal videos ever), but their final album before front man David Reilly's untimely (and odd) death, Up Off The Floor was pretty damn good as well (if not completely off the radar).

Doug, if you're into GLU, check out another Innerpartysystem, another Pennsylvania-based electro-based outfit. Pretty banal lyrics, but the beats are there, and their live show is quite a spectacle.

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:11 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I say this with all sincerity- that is the greatest album of all time. I never ask for specific Christmas presents but I did ask my wife that she get me the remastered 2CD edition of this since I love it so much. Timeless.

how is it? i'm thinking of getting it...i absolutely love that album. love *that* version of "radio free europe" so much more than the eponymous version, and get giddy over "catapult" and "we walk".

my own experience was actually an album i've defended before on another thread, and that was "nine lives" by aerosmith. took me right back to madrid '97 when i picked it up at a music store there. memories flooded...especially during "full circle".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:23 pm 

Yeah, I almost did too, but it wasn't REM it was REO - Hi Infidelity.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Stinkfinger The Crow wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:
good stuff.

"No More Love" got used in Fox's MLB ads a couple years ago. Life In The So-Called Space Age was a turd with the exception of the wonderful "From Your Mouth" (one of the best and most literal videos ever), but their final album before front man David Reilly's untimely (and odd) death, Up Off The Floor was pretty damn good as well (if not completely off the radar).

Doug, if you're into GLU, check out another Innerpartysystem, another Pennsylvania-based electro-based outfit. Pretty banal lyrics, but the beats are there, and their live show is quite a spectacle.

cool. i will. I was lucky enough to see glu twice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:39 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Hard to believe when you think about it that from 83 to 88, REM was cranking out a good album a year. From Murmur to Reckoning to Fables to Life's Rich Paegant (my personal favorite of the group) to Dead Letter Office to Document to Green.