It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Anybody going to this? I just recently found out theres a small chance Ill be able to go and Id be ecstatic about going. Pre-orders start Tuesday and Ive been bugging my CO about finding out as quickly as possible if we are going overseas or not by then(our orders are supposed to be coming in in the next week or so). Its gonna be the main four with Warren Haynes of Allman Bros and G'Mule fame and Jeff Chimenti. Both very experienced with the Dead and played with them in 2004. I think it'll be a great show although All State Arena certainly wouldnt be my ideal selection for a venue.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Not trying to be the predictable basher of the Dead, American Beauty is one of my all time fav albums, but i never understood the appeal of the Dead live. Well, musically at least. They wrote such great little, country-folk-pop songs that lose so much appeal in 14 minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Rocks and Blows wrote:
Not trying to be the predictable basher of the Dead, American Beauty is one of my all time fav albums, but i never understood the appeal of the Dead live. Well, musically at least. They wrote such great little, country-folk-pop songs that lose so much appeal in 14 minutes.

Like many Dead fans I find that strange. Most songs on American Beauty they dont really space out though. Friend of the Devil is actually better slowed down and spaced out IMO. Their appeal to me is in their creativeness and improvisational skills and how you will rarely hear the song played the same twice. I cant stand when you hear a "live" cd from a band and it sounds just like the studio with crowd noise pumped in. Obviously its not for everyone. To each their own.

To rock my soul