It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:37 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
In a repeat of their Clash Of The Titans tour of 1991 (minus a then virtually unknown Alice In Chains) these three will tour this fall. It's the 20th anniversary of Rust In Peace. Slayer will play Seasons In The Abyss in it's entirety!!!!!! They will play the Eagle's Ballroom on October 16. I believe tickets go on sale July 23.

I have to fucking see this show!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: ------
A7X wrote:
In a repeat of their Clash Of The Titans tour of 1991 (minus a then virtually unknown Alice In Chains) these three will tour this fall. It's the 20th anniversary of Rust In Peace. Slayer will play Seasons In The Abyss in it's entirety!!!!!! They will play the Eagle's Ballroom on October 16. I believe tickets go on sale July 23.

Wow Seasons in the Abyss in its entirertiy would be awesome. Depending on the price of tickets this is pretty much a must see.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
These three just finished a Euopean tour with Metallica. That show would be my ultimate wet dream. Of course Lars isn't gonna let Metallica slum it in the states with 3 "lesser" bands.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
A7X wrote:
These three just finished a Euopean tour with Metallica. That show would be my ultimate wet dream. Of course Lars isn't gonna let Metallica slum it in the states with 3 "lesser" bands.

Even though I liked some of the cuts off of Death Magnetic I have trouble wanting to pay to see Metallica after the Napster/Some Kind of Monster documentary combination.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i've seen slayer at least twice...haven't seen megadeth since 1987. never saw anthrax.

could be fun...but the eagles ballroom is a sweat box.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
Anthrax live is the truth. Saw them in Mokena (fittingly) at the Pearl Room a few years back with Ugie, and they played Among The Living straight through. It's anyone's guess who will be the lead singer of Anthrax by that point, though.

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
thanks for the heads up. Anthrax and Megadeth are 2 of my all time favorites. From what I heard Anthrax will have John Bush back (again for the third or fourth time) after the tour. They have an album done but fired the singer and are re-doing the vocals with Bush, but they still have Joey for this since they are re-living the big four. There's a lot of good footage of the European festivals, just check you tube for Sonisphere 2010 or if you're into the torrent sites there's some good footage. Conincidentaly, Alice in Chains did play some of these shows with the other guys this summer.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-brow ... here&cat=0

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
A7X wrote:

That was one of the best shows I ever saw at The Tinley Dome (or whatever it's called) back in '91. We nabbed some fairly priced scallped seats that day front and center about six rows up.

I remember that almost nobody wanted to listen to, watch or like Alice In Chains. The bass player flipped a bunch of people that were booing them. My friend caught a drum stick from the Megadeth drummer, but severly bruised a couple ribs in the process. It's weird, cuz it doesn't seem like that long ago. :shock:

Saw Anthrax with Kiss at The Star Plaza in "88, I think. Kiss had no makeup and somebody threw a beer bottle at Gene Simmons. He proceeded to stop the song and wanted whoever threw the bottle at him to come up on stage......wuss never came forward.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
Slayer fucking rules. Seen them 4 times now and they still bring it. No crazy pyro or silly sets, nothing fancy just a banner that says SLAYER.

I saw Anthrax in Prague in '98 I think. Small venue/bar maybe 600 people and it fucking ruled! Image Smoked a joint with Scott Ian before hand talking about Chicago and how they love playing here. John Bush did a crazy stage dive too - probably 15 up off one of those big amps. Those Czech metalheads are some nutty doods though. Absinthe and metal was an experience :lol:

Haven't seen MegaDeth and I want to. I am pretty sure I have to go see this show :D

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.