It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I know there aren't a lot of Dylan fans out here but this 4 disc album that drops next Tuesday may be
worth it if you want to hear some solid covers from some top notch artists and support a good cause at
the same time. 4 discs - 73 tracks. I heard one last night on Conan and was pretty impressed. I will
post a partial list of artists ( over 80 total ) and try to add a link to one of the most impressive covers of Don't Think Twice and by an artist I would usually never listen to.... Ke$ha. Yes, UMN... your girl comes through on this one.
She is actually crying through half the song and still sounds great. I never translated it as a guy who
may be committing suicide before but that is how it comes off when she sings it. Great lyrics, and she
does a wonderful job rearranging it. Just wanted to pass the news along to anyone interested. I think
the CD is supposed to be 24.95 which is a pretty good deal. Of course you can get it online.

"Even a partial list of contributors is jaw dropping: Sting, Adele, My Morning Jacket, Pete Townshend, Elvis Costello, Johnny Cash, Cage the Elephant, Kesha, Miley Cyrus. All the songs but one are previously unreleased, and some of the most interesting tracks — Silversun Pickups’ spacey, hopeful “Not Dark Yet,” an electro-pop-tinged “I Want You” by the Mexican singer-songwriter Ximena Sariñana — display the kind of creative reinvention a project like this can inspire. But the expansive lineup created a challenge."

Ke$ha's version of a Dylan classic.... haunting and scary good in my opinion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOTsESrgSOQ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9LyN1hKOFo

This was the couple on Conan the other night. Can't find their live performance but it blows this recording out of
the water by a mile. He really goes to town on the guitar and her vocals are incredible. I was not familiar with this
song either so that was a treat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
Flogging Molly's version of the times they are a changing was exactly what I expected it to be. Good stuff, I'll have to pick it up.