It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
It's always the quiet ones. Except when it's not the quiet ones. From Punknews.org, in association with the Telegram Sam Death Metal News Desk:

Lamb of God vocalist Randy Blythe was arrested in Prague earlier this week, reportedly on charges of manslaughter. According to a local Czech report (which Google does a wonky job of translating), the charges stem from an incident on May 24, 2010, when a fan took the stage during a Lamb of God show and was injured after a brief tussle. The fan later died, allegedly as a result of said injuries.

The Gauntlet posted an account of the 2010 incident translated from Czech blog Sic Maggot:
"[Randy] was very irritated when someone decided to join him on stage. At first Randy hit him a lot, then Randy jumped on him to hold him down while he continued singing? When the fan got up, Randy took him by the hair and threw down quite quickly. It was a good thing the fan was so dazed that he probably felt nothing. It took him a little while to realize what happened and as he struggled to get his breathe back. Randy does behave quite pretentious, but the performance was important to him."

Lamb of God spokesperson Maria Ferrero told Examiner.com that Blythe was "wrongfully accused," adding that "lawyers are dealing with it, and we expect him to be fully exonerated." The band's management released a statement as well, saying "Under no circumstances was there a fight of any kind involved. This incident deals with a fan that three times during the concert jumped the barricade and rushed Randy during the performance. It is alleged that the third time, security was not able to reach him and that Randy pushed him back into the audience where supposedly he fell and hit his head." The full statement can be read by clicking below. The band were in Europe in support of their new album, Resolution.

LAMB OF GOD management will be issuing an official statement on Monday regarding the charges made against singer Randy Blythe. As no formal charges have yet been made and the case is only in the investigation stages, it would be premature to make an official statement filled with false truths or innuendos.

Having said that, management wished to address today one false piece of information that has been included in many of the news stories released so far. Under no circumstances was there a fight of any kind involved. This incident deals with a fan that three times during the concert jumped the barricade and rushed Randy during the performance. It is alleged that the third time, security was not able to reach him and that Randy pushed him back into the audience where supposedly he fell and hit his head.

Again, until the investigation is concluded this weekend, nothing more will be released, but clarity and the facts needed to be addressed on this one reported point which is totally inaccurate.

YouTube: Now You've Got Something to Die For

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
People always say its the quiet ones. Yeah... the quiet ones. I'll bet you anything that while you're busy watching the quiet one the loud one will fucking kill you.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I really like this band.. :?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I prefer Sheep of Allah.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:17 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I've found a good Rule of Thumb for me has been if I ever somewhat accidentally kill a guy in Prague, I don't go back to Prague.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Back to Back :lol: :lol: 's

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
From a Czech fan posting on the Mike Portnoy forum:

Quote:
I feel oblidged to report to you what the people that were there are saying, since czech/slovak is my first language. (btw., a friend of mine is the lead guitarist in the band that were supporting LoG that night, but I haven't contacted him yet)

You can find many first hand reports either by fans that were there, or official reviews of that particular show on czech/slovak metalzines.

All is in DRASTIC contrast with what the bands management is saying.

All the official reviews from 2010 say that the singer was overly aggressive. He attacked two fans, served them with a couple of punches. The singer also kneeled down on a fan that was already on the ground and punched him, while continued singing and then grabbing him by his throat and suffocating him (there are detailed reports of this, as even real metalheads found this pretty disturbing). Then he grabbed the guy by his hair and threw him off the stage. Not just a push, but really threw him away. The kid flew over the front row and smashed his head on concrete.

The most disturbing post by a fan who was in the front row says, that the singer actually CALLED OFF THE SECURITY by giving them a sign to let it be (the security was indeed trying to get the crowdsurfing kids off the stage at first). The fan's subjective opinion was, that the singer enjoyed the opportunity the beat the shit out of fans. This fan also said, that he and a couple of other concerned fans actually called the ambulance for that kid. The show wasn't stopped and the security didn't do anything about the situation.

The kid then felt into a coma and died off brain hemorrhage two weeks later.

These are just some of the reports I've found and I must tell you, I'm convinced that this is how it happened, since all the reports claim the same things. Also, you can be sure, that the czech criminal police has all these reports well documented and they have many witnesses. You know, this is not happening without a reason and I'm pretty sure he will be found guilty.

...this is just a hypothesis (by many), but it is possible that it (the delay in arresting him) was all part of a plan to keep the investigation going on, without issuing a warrant and wait for the suspect to enter the Czech Republic again, as otherwise it would almost impossible to get him.

As Dr. Kenneth stated, not a good idea to go back under the circumstances.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

uh oh...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:56 pm 

Thank you, Jawbreaker. Thank you, Czech SHARK. We will keep you updated with, um, updates as they become available. for the Telegram Sam Death Metal News Desk. I'm Telegram Sam. Screw you, Boyd.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Telegram Sam wrote:
Thank you, Jawbreaker. Thank you, Czech SHARK. We will keep you updated with, um, updates as they become available. for the Telegram Sam Death Metal News Desk. I'm Telegram Sam. Screw you, Boyd.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Telegram Sam wrote:
Thank you, Czech SHARK.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/07/02/mo ... more-96706

Video footage...looks like the security guard did most of the work.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I can't see them making this thing stick. I'm of the opinion that people have proven just what they are capable of- one need only look back to Columbus in 2004 when Dimebag Darrell and a host of other people were shot and killed by someone who rushed the stage. With that in mind, kindly airmailing the dumbass back to his seat seems like it would be the reasonable thing to do.

Most tickets come with a rather lengthy (War and Peace sized) set of terms, rules, etc. Typically there will be something about trespassing and how it's prohibited. Dude wouldn't have been in the position to get thrown off stage if he hadn't trespassed. Similarly, the guy never makes it to the stage if security had done it's job.
Lastly, self defense has probably been used successfully in cases far more questionable than this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:48 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
G.G. Allin wrote:
I hate my audience, my audience is my enemy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:01 pm 

From Punknews.org:

Though Lamb of God frontman Randy Blythe is undoubtedly suffering the worst of it, the incarceration of the singer has led to some other consequences including the cancellation of his band's tour with fictional-turned-real metal band Dethklok and very real metal/hardcore outfit Gojira.

The following statement laid it out:
In light of circumstances beyond our control, the upcoming Dethklok and Lamb of God with Gojira summer tour has been canceled. Refunds will be available to customers who already purchased tickets through their point of purchase. We thank Dethklok fans for their continued support and look forward to releasing information about the band's upcoming third album and a planned fall tour in the coming weeks.

http://www.punknews.org/article/48249/dethklok-gojira-cancel-tour-over-lamb-of-god-incarceration

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:38 pm 

Telegram Sam wrote:
From Punknews.org:

Though Lamb of God frontman Randy Blythe is undoubtedly suffering the worst of it...

Wouldn't the person suffering the worst of it be the person he killed?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:42 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
From Punknews.org:

Though Lamb of God frontman Randy Blythe is undoubtedly suffering the worst of it...

Wouldn't the person suffering the worst of it be the person he killed?
Ok, that is a good point. But the person currently suffering the worst...actually, that could conceivably be the deceased's friends and family.

How 'bout "the person most in jail..."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:05 pm 

Knotfest 2012 -now home to the most nonconfrontational moshpit since Lilith Fair 1998:

Randy Blythe Freed from Czech Prison

Lamb Of God frontman Randy Blythe has been freed after four weeks spent in a prison in the Czech Republic. His label said this:

After five weeks in a prison in Prague in the Czech Republic, Randy Blythe has been released on bail and is returning to the United States. Although [the band] has cancelled their summer co-headline tour with Dethklok, the band has agreed to play the Knotfest shows on August 17th in Council Bluffs, Iowa and August 18th in Somerset, Wisconsin.

Blythe had been arrested on manslaughter charges stemming from a 2010 incident where a fan jumped on stage during a concert, and was injured following an alledged altercation with Blythe. The fan later died, allegedly resulting from said injuries.

http://www.punknews.org/article/48356/randy-blythe-freed-from-czech-prison

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Statement given by Blythe:

Greetings. This is D. Randall Blythe, checking in from my beloved hometown of Richmond, VA, United States of America. I was recently released on bail from Pankrác Prison in Prague, Czech Republic, after over a month of incarceration. Now that I am out for the moment, I would like to say a few things.

1. While in prison, I had minimal knowledge of how my case was viewed anywhere but the Czech Republic. I was told by my attorney that I had a lot support from peers in the music industry, my hometown, fans, and of course my family. I cannot express how emotional it made me upon my release to read about even a fraction of the voices that were raised on my behalf. From legends in my music community, to fans across the world, and even people who were previously unaware of my existence but sympathized with my plight- I am truly humbled. I cannot thank you enough for your thoughts and prayers. I would especially like to thank the people of Richmond, VA, for standing by me. In the 48 hours I have been home, many people I have never met before have stopped me on the street, waved and smiled as I passed by, or said hello in a restaurant. All have said “We are glad you are home, Randy”. You all make me proud and grateful that I call Richmond home.

2. I would like state that I suffered no abuse, from either authorities or inmates, during my incarceration in Pankrác. I received no special treatment, and was in general population with everyone else- make no mistake, it was prison, not some celebrity rehab tv show. But I was treated fairly by the guards and kindly by my fellow inmates. People are dying of starvation all over the world. Men and women are losing their lives daily in the Middle East and other war torn regions. I had food, clothes, shelter, and no one was trying to kill me. I cannot complain over a short stay in prison while many people elsewhere fight to survive on a daily basis.

3. If it is deemed necessary for me to do so, I WILL return to Prague to stand trial. While I maintain my innocence 100%, and will do so steadfastly, I will NOT hide in the United States, safe from extradition and possible prosecution. As I write this, the family of a fan of my band suffers through the indescribably tragic loss of their child. They have to deal with constantly varying media reports about the circumstances surrounding his death. I am charged with maliciously causing severe bodily harm to this young man, resulting in his death. While I consider the charge leveled against me ludicrous and without qualification, my opinion makes no difference in this matter. The charge exists, and for the family of this young man, questions remain. The worst possible pain remains. It is fairly common knowledge amongst fans of my band that I once lost a child as well. I, unfortunately, am intimately familiar with what their pain is like. Therefore, I know all too well that in their time of grief, this family needs and deserves some real answers, not a media explosion followed by the accused killer of their son hiding like a coward thousands of miles away while they suffer. I am a man. I was raised to face my problems head on, not run from them like a petulant child. I hope that justice is done, and the family of Daniel N. will receive the closure they undoubtably need to facilitate healing. I feel VERY STRONGLY that as an adult, it would be both irresponsible and immoral for me not to return to Prague if I am summoned. This is not about bail money. This is about a young man who lost his life. I will act with honor, and I will fight to clear my good name in this matter. Thank you for reading this, and I wish you all peace.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:47 am 
1000 CLUB

nice.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
That's how you do a public statement.