It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
welp, some guy who is self-avowedly NOT aphex twin is uploading a bunch of "his old early-afx style songs from back in the day" @ https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001 and what started off as like ~8 songs yesterday is up to 40 and counting with stuff still going up in the last hour or two. there's some massive stuff in there as you can kind of see where he turned the corner from making experimental little 2-3min songs to the 7:20 songs where he's "feeling it" enough to go for an elongated jam.

i'm not necessarily the biggest fan of the gescom minidisc style EP that came out on jan 23rd, so this more than makes up for it with a bunch of !!! as you can see into a musician's musical anima b4 he was ever tainted by success/validation/etc.

to those who aren't well-versed in the art of aphex twindom, his older stuff is more straightforward and not glitchy/spazzy/drilly with more of a focus on pads and monolithic whomp sounds and phlanged out hihats on marchy str8forward drum machine beats as opposed to that a4mentioned super-complex computer assisted spasmodic beat fuckery that's a hallmark of his 2000s-present sound.

so yeah it's all there @ that link up there, and here's a firefox addon that will allow you to download soundcloud songs right from the artist's page and here's one for chrome if you roll that way.

edit: updated the URL, as he's changed it at least twice today. it started off at *0 then became *01 and now it's *001. if you follow the account you'll keep abreast of any future changes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Oh I just posted about it in the listening thread. This is great and with the tracks still being posted I'm sure it's going to eventually run up to stuff he's done more recently.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
sinicalypse wrote:
with a bunch of !!!

http://youtu.be/rrajuEyRLxs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I believe Good Dolphin wrote this number well before the aphex twins!

https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:29 am 

he dropped another 20 tracks today to get up to ~130 total. fucking AYE dude. there's some really quality shit on here.

oh yeah and the official @AphexTwin twitter account posted a link to the soundcloud where at one point he said he was going to try to get all of these up for an official download by this weekend if he could "find the internets" --- ha. some people have been doing 320kbps mp3s but idk if they're sonically any differnet form the 128s i've been getting/archiving, but hey as someone who used to roll around town bumping cassette tapes of the realaudio file bootleg of the big day out festival back in 97 these 128s sound a-ok to me.

if anybody cares.... you can get the first 110 in a rar @ http://sinicalypse.kaen.org/afxtwin/giv ... ercent.rar
and then the next 22 are also in a rar @ http://sinicalypse.kaen.org/afxtwin/22of211.rar

and i'll lift this from another board's thread on what your ideal new/old afx tracks compilation would be.. so in no real order (other than i'd likely start off with 1 70s tune)

- 1 70s tune
- 4 ny groove
- 3 gerald remix
- 1 human rotation (BROWN'S CHICKEN CAUSTIC WINDOW BANGER OF THE RELEASE!)
- 16 fresher cleaner
- vibert remix
- bob morgan
- d15 dulcimer dub (ok i had to look this one up but hey i've only had it for a few hours)
- mental telepathy
- mooooow [dixons theft rmx]
- 28 organ
- 34 5 Pe
- 2 pcp 2
- both versions/tracks that are plinky plonk or whatever
- nova robotics
- 10 shit smothered

fucking aye dude.... after all the crowdsourcing shit where people were ponying up $15 to get their grubby digital hands on ~10-15 songs in the form of the unreleased caustic window LP (with the physical vinyl copy going for like ~$15k to the guy who created mineycrafta (inside joke that the person (W_Z?) who made the AVGN threads on here should get.... or inspector gadget fans i guess) --- yeah after that crowdsourcing shit go figure my musical hero has availed himself rather nicely by tossing out 130/+ tracks au gratis like this. i'm sure somebody has done something like this before.... but this is aphex twin! like i said the minecraft guy spent $15k to get the vinyl of 10-15 unreleased tracks. they raised like, what, 15-20k of $15 donations for digital downloads for 10-15 tracks? there was a lot of $$$ to be made here but the dude's hooking it up like life is a RPG and his legend stat wasn't high enough for some odd reason.

but yeah beyond that list there's just so much good stuff here.... and who knows if it's over? i'm almost afraid to look up his soundcloud page again because there will be 3 more and i gotta get to sleep sometime! like i said before, fucking AYE dude!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:56 pm 

oh hey he tossed up another 20 today... and even tho he's started to formally put the download option on for his tracks, my efforts to collect them all and make them easily nabbable en-masse continue with this morning's 20 @ http://sinicalypse.kaen.org/afxtwin/sctwente.rar

man, it still hasn't fully hit me just how spectacularly fuckyeah and awesome this massive now-150-track old/unreleased tracks dump is. i mean for us diehard aphex twin fans (i am to aphex twin :: as :: doug-ep is to billy corgan) we went from the last proper aphex twin LP in drukqs in summer 2001 to the analord vinyl dumping in 2005 to a couple'a tuss EPs in 2007 and that was IT. i mean yeah i think there was rumors of a track with die antwoord, a couple things that you swear were aphex, and oh yeah there was steinvord!

but yeah that was it. and now all of a sudden in the beginning of last summer i hear that the caustic window LP had some crowdsourcing bullshit and actually came out without me noticing it. 10-15 new/old vintage aphex tracks... niiice! then near the end of last summer i hear news that there's going to be 2 new aphex twin albums coming out in/around september. an aphex twin logo blimp flies over london.... syro gets announced/released.... and then that syrobonkers interview with a bunch of tidbits and misc things... AND THEN THE BOMB WAS DROPPED. THE MOTHERLOAD WAS FATHERED. THE SEED WAS PLANTED IN THE CLOUDS OF SOUND!!!!!!!

and yeah..... 150 tracks as of right now and it wouldnt surprise me if come tomorrow there's no new tracks, 25 new tracks, or if all the tracks are suddenly deleted along with the account. you never quite know with aphex twin.... and i suppose that's either a very endearing thing with him or it's the impetus for the "miserable hipsters" of the world to call him a tryhard so they can slide and rock on to some old proper redman stuff for street cred =D