It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 88  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
can sasha banks just go away already? not exactly sure what her talent is supposed to be other than unexpected returns from injury and talking shit

Don't forget getting booked to lose first title defenses.

Yeah, she can go away.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Listened to bit of Cornette's podcast the other day and he was talking about Luke Perry's kid not improving and talked about how the guaranteed contracts take away the motivation for many of the modern guys to work at in ring and mike skills, so they never get any better at being pro wrestlers.

It used to be that the guys that drew money would make the most as they were paid based on where you appeared on the card which was in correlation to how many people would pay to see your work. There are very few wrestlers today that would thrive under that system because they are all very similar in both in ring and struggle with promo work. MJF is the only younger guy that really tries to differentiate himself. The program he did with Punk was one of the few angles that actually was interesting.

Perry's kid reminds me somewhat of Jumpin' Jim Brunzelle, both good looking babyfaces with limited promo ability, Brunzelle looks like Hulk Hogan in comparison to the Perry kid physically, but both work an athletic style, Brunzelle's was more legit athleticism where the kids is more of the Indy level high spot to high spot with no real transition or psychology, but it would seem the kid would greatly benefit from a gimmick change.

One of the big limitations with much of AEW's roster is that the guys seem satisfied to put on the same match with the same people over and over again and there is no real hunger to break out and be something different or unique. They also spend very little time working on building matches, promo skills, hitting the gym, or character development.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
No comments on McMahon-Helmsly stepping away for an undetermined amount of time?
It has to be either HHH health is really really bad or Vince is not gonna give her and HHH the company after all

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
i saw the headline on a whatculture wrestling vid. figured they wouldnt have any details yet. My guess would initially lean me towards more time with family considering H's health

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:00 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:00 am 

FrankDrebin wrote:

It was a hell of a match. Going out there with the torn pec the way it was really shows his drive to succeed. There were enough spots in there that looked brutal and I'm sure Rhodes had Rollins target that area to really sell it.

The rest of the show was meh...Theory and Ali was decent. The Edge/Priest/Australian Chick team are solid and having Balor and Aj on the other side made that match work. Omos needs to go away.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:43 am 

I didnt see the show. But watching the highlights of Codys match...that is crazy. That had to hurt like a bitch.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:45 am 

fucking Peacock. i was watching on a bit of a delayed start ~ 5 min or so ~ and they cut the stream. Two cross rhodes, sledge, 1....2....cut. Peacock dashboard.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:12 pm 

Started to rewatch the Attitude era product...began at Wrestlemania 14 with the Austin win. First thought, I really hate Foley's Dude Love character.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:54 am 

Interesting watching the YouTube stuff about the MJF work and how Tony Kahn is now paying the "dirt sheet" guys to put out false info to push the storyline. Seems AEW is caught between the indy dudes and trying to do more actual old school pro wrestling stuff. Too bad they can't find an actual old school dude to book and develop talent, but if they go that direction, they have to launch 50% of the roster because the indy dudes cannot actually pull off an old school pro wrestling match much less do an angle or develop a persona that anyone actually cares about or wants to pay money to see.

You can almost see the confusion on Luke Perry's kid when he has to come up with transitions between hi spots, he obviously has no training or amateur background, same with Hook, anyone that knows anything can see the guy is green as hell, would think Taz would have taught him a little chain wrestling.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:47 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Clawmaster wrote:
Interesting watching the YouTube stuff about the MJF work and how Tony Kahn is now paying the "dirt sheet" guys to put out false info to push the storyline. Seems AEW is caught between the indy dudes and trying to do more actual old school pro wrestling stuff. Too bad they can't find an actual old school dude to book and develop talent, but if they go that direction, they have to launch 50% of the roster because the indy dudes cannot actually pull off an old school pro wrestling match much less do an angle or develop a persona that anyone actually cares about or wants to pay money to see.

You can almost see the confusion on Luke Perry's kid when he has to come up with transitions between hi spots, he obviously has no training or amateur background, same with Hook, anyone that knows anything can see the guy is green as hell, would think Taz would have taught him a little chain wrestling.

Do you think Taz knew how to wrestle? I think he was a Steiner lite, with only knowing how to suplex.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:56 am 

I still love this
https://youtu.be/GCrgG3P9SjE?list=TLPQMDcwNjIwMjIgkx5dt6qW9w

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:10 am 

Cashman wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Do you think Taz knew how to wrestle? I think he was a Steiner lite, with only knowing how to suplex.

Make no mistake the Rechsteiner boys knew how to wrestle, Taz...hmm..not so much, but at least he knew how to make stuff look legit, his kid however is limited right now because he is so puny.

Watched a bit of YouTube post match stuff where Hook and Danhausen were standing next to a few other guys and they looked like little kids, but you could say the same thing about the Bucks and Cole, the indy type niche fans may buy it, but your never gonna get a larger audience. You can see AEW slowly pivoting away from the petite trampoline park kids to the more talented guys that actually can put on a cogent match with a character or angle someone may actually care about.

The MJF angle is the only thing anyone cares about right now and they are going to great lengths to work the marks, but this type of old school wrestling angle is more of an effort to reach the huge traditional wrestling audience.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:00 am 

saw some of the Youtube vids likening that MJF speech to a pipebomb... not even close. Punk's you at least could buy into that he was legit breaking off on his own and hijacking it (i dont believe it was). MJF's is so desperately trying to recreate that and is clearly part of the script.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:47 pm 

Vincent Kennedy McMahon, your bus is here:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/wwe-board- ... 1655322722

A Wall Street Journal report published this afternoon (June 15) claims the WWE board of directors is investigating a $3 million settlement long-time Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon paid to a now ex-employee with whom he’d had an affair. Joe Palazzolo and Ted Mann’s story is based on “documents and people familiar with the board inquiry.”

The primary focus of the board’s investigation is a Jan. 2022 agreement with a woman who was hired in 2019 as a paralegal. It bars her from discussing her relationship with Mr. McMahon or disparaging him. The settlement came to light via anonymous emails sent to the board by someone claiming to be a friend of the woman who received the $3 million payout. The first email, sent in March of this year, claims the 76 year old McMahon hired the 41 year old woman at a salary of $100,000 but increased it to $200,000 after they began a sexual relationship. It also alleges McMahon “gave her like a toy” to head of talent relations John Laurinaitis. The Journal’s sources say the woman worked in WWE’s legal department until 2021 when she was made an assistant to Laurinaitis.

What’s more, the report says the board has unearthed an undetermined number of additional past nondisclosure agreements with former female WWE employees who alleged misconduct by McMahon and Laurinaitis. The eight independent members of the board (excluding Vince, his daughter Stephanie, her husband Paul “Triple H” Levesque, and WWE President Nick Khan) have retained outside counsel to run the investigation. That law firm, New York-based Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett, is still collecting information about the other NDAs. But the Journal’s sources say the probe has determined the payments totaled in the millions of dollars. It also reports the investigation is “assessing WWE’s compliance and human-resources programs and company culture.”

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:34 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
Vincent Kennedy McMahon, your bus is here:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/wwe-board- ... 1655322722

A Wall Street Journal report published this afternoon (June 15) claims the WWE board of directors is investigating a $3 million settlement long-time Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon paid to a now ex-employee with whom he’d had an affair. Joe Palazzolo and Ted Mann’s story is based on “documents and people familiar with the board inquiry.”

The primary focus of the board’s investigation is a Jan. 2022 agreement with a woman who was hired in 2019 as a paralegal. It bars her from discussing her relationship with Mr. McMahon or disparaging him. The settlement came to light via anonymous emails sent to the board by someone claiming to be a friend of the woman who received the $3 million payout. The first email, sent in March of this year, claims the 76 year old McMahon hired the 41 year old woman at a salary of $100,000 but increased it to $200,000 after they began a sexual relationship. It also alleges McMahon “gave her like a toy” to head of talent relations John Laurinaitis. The Journal’s sources say the woman worked in WWE’s legal department until 2021 when she was made an assistant to Laurinaitis.

What’s more, the report says the board has unearthed an undetermined number of additional past nondisclosure agreements with former female WWE employees who alleged misconduct by McMahon and Laurinaitis. The eight independent members of the board (excluding Vince, his daughter Stephanie, her husband Paul “Triple H” Levesque, and WWE President Nick Khan) have retained outside counsel to run the investigation. That law firm, New York-based Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett, is still collecting information about the other NDAs. But the Journal’s sources say the probe has determined the payments totaled in the millions of dollars. It also reports the investigation is “assessing WWE’s compliance and human-resources programs and company culture.”

NDAs are not a surprise; this happens at companies all the time. Better to pay off an accuser than to go through the legal system. I could care less.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:54 am 

Vince is out, same with John L. Steph has to come back to CEO spot as the investigation gets into high gear. Linda and Vince (always been a rumor) officially split.
Is this the end of the WWE as we know it?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:01 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Vince is out, same with John L. Steph has to come back to CEO spot as the investigation gets into high gear. Linda and Vince (always been a rumor) officially split.

Gotta actually read what is in these articles and not just the shock headlines.

Quote:
“McMahon will retain his role and responsibilities related to WWE’s creative content during this period and remains committed to cooperating with the review underway.”

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:54 pm 

RFDC wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Gotta actually read what is in these articles and not just the shock headlines.

Quote:
“McMahon will retain his role and responsibilities related to WWE’s creative content during this period and remains committed to cooperating with the review underway.”

And he is losing a ton of his power. If this is looking as bad as the first leaks are making it out to look, I think Linda is gonna be the kingmaker in who runs the company in the future.
If Steph ,was involved in day to day running of the company both in and out of Titian Tower can not keep herself clean of this and Linda does not back her. Then you are going to see either a non McMahon or even the silent kid take over. Shane being gone for all those years might be a blessing for him,he can legit claim ignorance. There is no way if the talent knew that Steph and HHH can claim ignorance.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Steph is going to do exactly what Vince tells her to do.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:04 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Steph is going to do exactly what Vince tells her to do.

And that in the end is what is the biggest problem with WWE, too many yes men and trying to keep on running it as a small buisness

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:14 pm 

Now another shoe,We might have an SCC investigation. About 2 hours before the scandal dropped over 2 million shares of WWE stock was sold.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:28 pm 

vince set to appear on tonights smackdown. have to imagine itll be pretaped. if it happens at all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:36 pm 

vince set to appear on tonights smackdown. have to imagine itll be pretaped. if it happens at all.

"Then. Now. Forever. Together"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:42 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:

Basically a big FU to chas.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:08 pm 

RFDC wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

Basically a big FU to chas.

No biggie to me ,I am no longer a stockholder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:17 am 

Great opportunity for AEW to step up, but Tony Kahn is a terrible booker.

Nobody cares about Japanese wrestling other than the 200,000 or so core fans that watch it regularly, see that in tanking AEW ratings.

Any program that features Moxley is a loser, can see that in the tanking ratings.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:32 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:

Nobody cares about Japanese wrestling other than the 200,000 or so core fans that watch it regularly, see that in tanking AEW ratings.

Any program that features Moxley is a loser, can see that in the tanking ratings.

Per Showbuzz Daily, Dynamite netted 878,000 viewers for a 0.31 rating point in the 18-49 year old demographic. Dynamite finished first place place in the demo rating on cable for the night.

Dynamite’s overall audience bounced back from last week’s yearly low point of 761,000 viewers, and the demo rating also improved upon last week’s 0.28
. However, both numbers still rank in the bottom four of the year for AEW Dynamite.

Cable viewership was down across the board last Wednesday night, and it looks like that was the case once again this week. It’s hard to do better than first place, so I’d bet AEW is satisfied with these results.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:24 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Per Showbuzz Daily, Dynamite netted 878,000 viewers for a 0.31 rating point in the 18-49 year old demographic. Dynamite finished first place place in the demo rating on cable for the night.

Dynamite’s overall audience bounced back from last week’s yearly low point of 761,000 viewers, and the demo rating also improved upon last week’s 0.28
. However, both numbers still rank in the bottom four of the year for AEW Dynamite.

Cable viewership was down across the board last Wednesday night, and it looks like that was the case once again this week. It’s hard to do better than first place, so I’d bet AEW is satisfied with these results.

What about Rampage? Lowest ratings ever last Friday.

Guess you could say the viewership is stagnant at best, but certainly seems like bringing in the Japanese guys is not doing much to draw interest. The matches on Dynamite were great trampoline park stuff, guys flopping around, blowing spots, waiting for 5 seconds to catch the dude who took a bit of time to attempt yet another dive over the top rope, would say it was gymnastics, but that would be an insult to gymnasts.

At best Kahn's approach to booking is bizarre, he really needs to hire someone to help him develop his young talent. Maybe he is just waiting for the WWE to implode so he can book Cena to lose to Orange Cassidy?

He's got Luke Perry's kid who should be easy to book as a red meat babyface, but the kid can't talk and he doesn't know how to work a match, just disjointed hi spot after hi spot with no actual story or ring psychology. He must realize that Warlow is still a bit green, but he is one of the few legitimate looking dudes on the roster, Adam Cole looks like a Starbucks Barista, couldn't draw a dime back in the day.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:47 pm 

Well,new details are really not looking good for Vinny Mac. If stuff is true he might be going to jail. The question is who is the performer do the deed?
The females released in 2005 where Jackie Gayda,Dawn Marie and Christie Hemme. Based on the info it points to Hemme.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 88  Next