It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 7:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Mini Ditka wrote:
The Broncos did not go to the playoffs with Orton as a starter. The Broncos did go to the playoffs with Tebow as a starter. It all depends on how you define "better". Tebow has won more playoff games than Orton and just as many as Cutler.

The thing about Tebow is that he was not the starter coming into the season and they did not have an off season with mini camps and things to get him ready to go.

All of that is true, but good timing also played a major role in Tebow's success this season.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:52 pm 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Mini Ditka wrote:
The Broncos did not go to the playoffs with Orton as a starter. The Broncos did go to the playoffs with Tebow as a starter. It all depends on how you define "better". Tebow has won more playoff games than Orton and just as many as Cutler.

The thing about Tebow is that he was not the starter coming into the season and they did not have an off season with mini camps and things to get him ready to go.

All of that is true, but good timing also played a major role in Tebow's success this season.

There were a lot of things that came together for Tebow this season. If he can do it again next season I think his critics will have to accept that he's a decent player.

Tebow's ability to scramble and his will to win that inspires his teammates are his two strongest points. Somehow even when he's played a terrible game for 3 and a half quarters he manages to pull it out.

The maturity will come if he's able to win the games without a comeback.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: Ban me
The defense carried that team and Tebow made a couple plays at the end of the 4th against prevent defenses.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
HOVA wrote:
The defense carried that team and Tebow made a couple plays at the end of the 4th against prevent defenses.

The defense ranked 24th in points allowed and 20th in yards allowed.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Ban me
FavreFan wrote:
HOVA wrote:

The defense ranked 24th in points allowed and 20th in yards allowed.

Yes. Take a look at many of the games he won. His errors were the cause of many of the points.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:12 am 

Mini Ditka wrote:

yeah, and trent dilfer won a superbowl. what is with people using this faulty logic all the time? orton has better "QB skills", tebow has more of an "it" factor.

they're two completely different in their approach. but tim tebow throws a football like he's throwing shot put. that isn't going to help him in the future. orton can actually run an offense.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:08 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
W_Z wrote:
yeah, and trent dilfer won a superbowl. what is with people using this faulty logic all the time? orton has better "QB skills", tebow has more of an "it" factor.

they're two completely different in their approach. but tim tebow throws a football like he's throwing shot put. that isn't going to help him in the future. orton can actually run an offense.

Exactly. Furthermore, age isn't even really that huge a deal at this point for Orton (he turns 30 this season), so he is still the better option for running a typical NFL offense than Tim Tebow.

However, I say again... if I was a GM who had the power to build a team completely around one player, Tebow may be my choice for QB due to his specific skill set. It would be interesting to see what he can do in that situation.

The good thing about Orton is that he can be installed into any offense in the league. Tebow cannot.