It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I think both NFC games will be good next week. Both games could be won by the road teams. Detroit can hang with the Saints. If the opponents were swapped by the Packers losing today then I think the Saints and Giants would be heavy favorites.

You really think the Lions have a better chance against the Saints than they would against the Giants?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
HOVA wrote:
Brees should win MVP based on what we saw today. Flynn was just as good if not better than Rodgers. That leads me to believe the players around Rodgers make him look great and not the other way around.

I think you are right. Any QB could put up a 45-6 ratio in GB's offense.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:01 am 

the saints have been lights out at home especially lately. things can always change in the playoffs but as of now, i would be extremely surprised if the lions came in and beat the saints at the dome, there i said it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:12 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
ZephMarshack wrote:
I think both NFC games will be good next week. Both games could be won by the road teams. Detroit can hang with the Saints. If the opponents were swapped by the Packers losing today then I think the Saints and Giants would be heavy favorites.

You really think the Lions have a better chance against the Saints than they would against the Giants?

Ya, I just think they match up well. They get to play inside against a defense that gives it up as opposed to playing a bruising Giants team outdoors.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:09 am 

pizza_Place: Ban me
FavreFan wrote:
HOVA wrote:
Brees should win MVP based on what we saw today. Flynn was just as good if not better than Rodgers. That leads me to believe the players around Rodgers make him look great and not the other way around.

I think you are right. Any QB could put up a 45-6 ratio in GB's offense.

I knew you would see it my way.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:34 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:

Ya, I just think they match up well. They get to play inside against a defense that gives it up as opposed to playing a bruising Giants team outdoors.

I dunno, I think the problems created by the Saints offense outweigh the benefits of playing a softer defense, especially given how Brees has looked the last 4 weeks and how the Lions looked against Matt Flynn in a game that was kind of important for them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:24 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:

I dunno, I think the problems created by the Saints offense outweigh the benefits of playing a softer defense, especially given how Brees has looked the last 4 weeks and how the Lions looked against Matt Flynn in a game that was kind of important for them.

There's a chance Matt Flynn is really good.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:21 am 

Someone should mention to the Cowboys that the need to win to make the playoffs.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
anyone that thinks the lions have a better chance to beat the saints in the dome than they would playing the giants clearly hasn't watched many giants games this year. every team left in the playoffs is a bad matchup for the giants EXCEPT the niners. i still think the giants could possibly win a matchup with the niners. the giants defense consists of a defensive line and thats it. no pressure equals a field day for the falcons, saints, lions and packers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:01 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

There's a chance Matt Flynn is really good.

Wasn't denying that. Still, Brees is obviously much better today, and if Flynn is doing that to your defense in a game that's not that important for the Packers...