It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next

Is Mitch a bust
Poll ended at Wed May 03, 2023 2:39 pm
Yes 83%  83%  [ 5 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:14 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
FF was wrong on Stafford but he will be right on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

The Bears ruined (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. I hope he finds a way to get a quality second chance.

Market disagreed, I think the market is right.

Plenty of places that could have went after (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as the starter or insurance if the starter sucked but didn't:

Carolina
Houston
NYG
Broncos
Steelers
WFT
Lions

Market said (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky sucks

It's very common for a starter to have to take a job as a backup for a year or two when it doesn't work out in the first spot.

Also, most of the teams on your list there didn't want to win anyways.

Lol, who on that list didnt want to win?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:39 am 

Darkside wrote:
Isn't Cousins generally regarded as a total bum?

I put Cousins in the Carr category, slightly above average( which is good) the mistake is paying these guys like they are Mahomes or Rodgers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:23 am 

312player wrote:
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:

The Bears ruined (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. I hope he finds a way to get a quality second chance.

Plenty of places that could have went after (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as the starter or insurance if the starter sucked but didn't:

Carolina
Houston
NYG
Broncos
Steelers
WFT
Lions

It's very common for a starter to have to take a job as a backup for a year or two when it doesn't work out in the first spot.

Panthers, Lions, Houston for sure. I'd also say that the Giants and WFT knew they weren't going to win but maybe they tried a little harder. Every team on that list, outside of the Broncos, are rebuilding.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Brick wrote:
312player wrote:
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:

Carolina
Houston
NYG
Broncos
Steelers
WFT
Lions

Panthers, Lions, Houston for sure. I'd also say that the Giants and WFT knew they weren't going to win but maybe they tried a little harder. Every team on that list, outside of the Broncos, are rebuilding.
I don’t know that I’d classify the Steelers as rebuilding. Ben has been done for at least 2 seasons and they still were in the hunt. I don’t think they are necessarily any worse with an average replacement. Mitch might even work there - if Tomlin didn’t kill him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Giants ran back to back QB sneaks on 2nd and 9 and 3rd and 7. Sure, they wanted to win.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Going into the season the giants clearly wanted to win. By the end of the season they were incapable of scoring, or even getting first downs. However there is no question going into the season they were trying to win.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:12 am 

FavreFan wrote:
The Giants ran back to back QB sneaks on 2nd and 9 and 3rd and 7. Sure, they wanted to win.

Youve seen Nagy calling plays, he wanted to win too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:40 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Brick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
If Rick wants to tout (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's overall record, then it should always be qualified with his 10-11 mark against the NFC North.
It's probably more useful to just say he was 1-6 vs. the Packers unless we are down on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky for having winning records against the other two teams but never beating the team that the Bears never beat anyways.
If Mitch was so good, its not asking much to beat the Bears arch rival and reigning division champion once in a while. Mitch also handed the Lions a win when fumbled.

The point is that for all of his wins that you tout, he had a losing record within his own division.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:47 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Brick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
If Rick wants to tout (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's overall record, then it should always be qualified with his 10-11 mark against the NFC North.
It's probably more useful to just say he was 1-6 vs. the Packers unless we are down on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky for having winning records against the other two teams but never beating the team that the Bears never beat anyways.
If Mitch was so good, its not asking much to beat the Bears arch rival and reigning division champion once in a while. Mitch also handed the Lions a win when fumbled.

The point is that for all of his wins that you tout, he had a losing record within his own division.
He was 9-5 combined against the Lions and Vikings.

It is strange to lump them together with the Packers to try and make a point about how he fared against those three teams when he was really good against two of them and really bad against one of them.

It also doesn't really have to do with the point that the Bears when starting (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky were remarkably better than they were when not starting (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky during the Pace/Nagy era. I'm not putting (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky in the HOF for doing that but we can give him some credit for it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:52 am 
100000 CLUB

:lol: Its strange to point out that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had a losing record against teams within his own division?

If you want to take away the losses against the good teams that beat him, yes his record will look a lot better.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
FavreFan wrote:

Our first game sophomore year, our QB called 2 sneaks in a row in a similar down and distance because he got concussed on 1st down but nobody knew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:57 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
:lol: Its strange to point out that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had a losing record against teams within his own division?

If you want to take away the losses against the good teams that beat him, yes his record will look a lot better.
It's strange because it makes it seem like he struggled against all teams in the division when he did very well against two of them and terribly against one of them.

Point out he was 1-6 vs. the Packers instead.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

Again, he had a losing record against his own division. You are the one who wants to tout his W-L record as a measure of his success.

Saying he was able to routinely beat the Lions doesn't help your case. One of his wins against the Vikings was in week 17 when they sat their starters. If you want to praise Mitch for outplaying Sean Mannion, go ahead.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:11 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, he had a losing record against his own division. You are the one who wants to tout his W-L record as a measure of his success.

Saying he was able to routinely beat the Lions doesn't help your case. One of his wins against the Vikings was in week 17 when they sat their starters. If you want to praise Mitch for outplaying Sean Mannion, go ahead.

How about instead of some strange game of removing and adding games we just concentrate on his overall record, and the overall record of the team under Nagy and Pace when he wasn't starting?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

Or I'll bow out because you're going to continue to do your Brick thing and never admit that Mitch didn't help himself as much as he could have even though that is the plain truth.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:14 pm 

Brick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

How about instead of some strange game of removing and adding games we just concentrate on his overall record, and the overall record of the team under Nagy and Pace when he wasn't starting?

No point in debating this until this chump is holding a clip board again in 7 months.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:15 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Or I'll bow out because you're going to continue to do your Brick thing and never admit that Mitch didn't help himself as much as he could have even though that is the plain truth.

Brick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The blame for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky failing to become the Bears franchise QB can be laid out this way; 1/3 falls on Pace, 1/3 falls on Nagy, 1/3 falls on Mitch himself. BRick nor a Packers fan is not going to convince me otherwise.
I think saying that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky shares 1/3rd of the blame for it not working out in Chicago is probably correct but it also seems to align with what I've been saying all along. I believe my exact quote was that a majority of the blame goes to Pace/Nagy and I think you disagreed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
veganfan21 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Well if the market, which has never been wrong, said so.

When was the last time a former starter turned backup emerged to be a viable player on his next team? I can think of Tannehill which is by now ages ago. In general, after four years, you're not going to change. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is who Nagy thought he is.

vegan....this is a really good point. One player that comes to mind is Vinnie Testaverde. That's a long time ago. I don't know if he actually was a backup, but he was considered a bust and at the tail end of his career had become a good player.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Kurt Warner, twice.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:38 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Well if the market, which has never been wrong, said so.

When was the last time a former starter turned backup emerged to be a viable player on his next team? I can think of Tannehill which is by now ages ago. In general, after four years, you're not going to change. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is who Nagy thought he is.

vegan....this is a really good point. One player that comes to mind is Vinnie Testaverde. That's a long time ago. I don't know if he actually was a backup, but he was considered a bust and at the tail end of his career had become a good player.

Jameis Winston, watch him go to Indy and haveva huge year.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:40 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Daboll just took over, you think he brings (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky to Giants?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:20 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Franky T wrote:
He's looking forward to his future after getting the stench of the Bears off of him for a year.

Quote:
“Going to Buffalo really opened my eyes,” (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky said. “After being in Chicago for four years, there was only one way I knew how to do things. [Being] in Buffalo and [having] a different way of doing things, you learn what’s possible. It helped me get back to instinctual football and using my talents rather than overthinking.”

To that end, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky added that you can’t be afraid to make mistakes when playing QB.

“When guys are playing free, you can be at your best,” (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky said. “I wanted to learn how [the Bills] helped Josh, and I saw that firsthand.”

In other words, he knows he's a dumbass.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:38 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Ok, I'll play along. The Vikings trade Cousins to Carolina for Sam Darnold and whatever pick they can get. They sign Mitch to a one year deal and let he and Darnold compete for the job. Mitch winning the job and going into Soldier Field wearing purple would be amazingly entertaining. Short of having a top 5 QB, this is a rebuilding year for the Vikes anyway. Ownership doesn't want to call it that, but that's the reality of the salary cap situation that they are in.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:51 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Darkside wrote:
Franky T wrote:
He's looking forward to his future after getting the stench of the Bears off of him for a year.

Quote:
“Going to Buffalo really opened my eyes,” (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky said. “After being in Chicago for four years, there was only one way I knew how to do things. [Being] in Buffalo and [having] a different way of doing things, you learn what’s possible. It helped me get back to instinctual football and using my talents rather than overthinking.”

To that end, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky added that you can’t be afraid to make mistakes when playing QB.

“When guys are playing free, you can be at your best,” (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky said. “I wanted to learn how [the Bills] helped Josh, and I saw that firsthand.”

In other words, he knows he's a dumbass.

But he also thinks he found out why he's a dumbass and the experience with the Bills has taught him how to be a QB.

Now he has to get someone to bite on the chance he may be a changed man.

Until then however, the film doesn't lie.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
NFL on CBS@NFLonCBS

Nearly 200 QBs have started 50+ games in the NFL since 1950

Only 1 of those QBs has NEVER thrown a Pick Six in his career

That QB is Mitchell (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:33 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Pitt thinks Rudolph is better than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

Sounds like there is a good chance this gets proven wrong soon

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Hope it happens, when Mitch shits the bed then youband Rick can come to terms with bustinsky.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:51 pm 

312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Hope it happens, when Mitch shits the bed then youband Rick can come to terms with bustinsky.

Ive never said he was great. I only said he was better than Foles which you said was crazy and then I was proven correct.

But yeah it sounds like hes gonna get a starting spot somewhere

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:01 pm 

He is not better than Foles, Foles is a champion who led his team to a ring. Mitch will never win a playoff game, if he starts he will be benched in under 6 weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:07 pm 

312player wrote:
He is not better than Foles, Foles is a champion who led his team to a ring. Mitch will never win a playoff game, if he starts he will be benched in under 6 weeks.

We had this discussion already, theres no need go relitigate it. You said Foles would do better than Mitch for the Bears and I said you were wrong and then you ended up being wrong.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next