It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
They should have their Super Bowl win taken away.

And Jim Gray should be killed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Get Alex Brown on the air.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
This was known when they went after Favre's ankle purposely in the NFC Championship. Its bush league but Williams is a bush league coach and always has been. Morton Downey jr can suck a dick.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Call me a troglodyte if you will, but I have no idea what the big deal is. I mean, practically speaking, instead of the violence being somewhat random, they're deciding to focus it on specific targets in an effort to win the game.

'Player Safety' is a red herring, a buzzword in an effort to mitigate unwanted people taking an interest in the violent aspects of the game, a la ... oh who the hell was it, Roosevelt, that wanted to really put the screws to the game.

I don't know ... I just don't see all the hoopla being appropriate. I don't mean to indicate that I'm pro-injury, it's just I don't think all the "oh my" reaction is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:13 pm 

Troglodyte.

But I agree.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:16 pm 

Defense should be about skill and strategy, not injuring your opponent on purpose. That team gained a lot of class back the day Williams packed his shit and left for St Lou.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:18 pm 

Defense has always been about injuring offensive players. NFL Films has made money off videos of exactly these injuries.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:22 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Defense has always been about injuring offensive players. NFL Films has made money off videos of exactly these injuries.

Yes, but injuries that happen naturally as a result of the game. I'm fine with the mindset of hitting your opponent as hard as you can to make him think twice about wanting to get back up. I am not cool with the premeditated targeting of specific body parts, such as an ankle to blow up repeatedly to injure a player.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:24 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Defense should be about skill and strategy, not injuring your opponent on purpose. That team gained a lot of class back the day Williams packed his shit and left for St Lou.

I'm not exactly sure how "class" has anything to do with a game of professional football.

At this point, it just amounts to 'something to bitch about' status and little more. If there was this kind of hemming and hawing about more worldly social ills, .... well, you get the idea.

I'm not condoning doing illegal things in a game, far from it ... my issue is with the (imo) manufactured grief this is apparently generating.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:25 pm 

Will they have to pay me back the check I sent them for kicking Cutler in the throat?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
beni hanna wrote:

I texted the show to get both Alex Brown and/or Matt Bowen on, who played under Gregg Williams. Not sure if my text meant anything, but they've mentioned that they're trying to get them on....in fact, I seen a tweet from Bernsy asking AB to call in.

I wonder if the fact that they haven't called in shows any kind of guilt....usually those two, especially Bowen, call in at any time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:28 pm 

spmack wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

I texted the show to get both Alex Brown and/or Matt Bowen on, who played under Gregg Williams. Not sure if my text meant anything, but they've mentioned that they're trying to get them on....in fact, I seen a tweet from Bernsy asking AB to call in.

I wonder if the fact that they haven't called in shows any kind of guilt....usually those two, especially Bowen, call in at any time.

It's nice to see you doing something useful for a change.

:D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Don Tiny wrote:
spmack wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

It's nice to see you doing something useful for a change.

:D

Maybe this gets me a 14 seed in the CSFMB tourney.....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:03 pm 

spmack wrote:
Maybe this gets me a 14 seed in the CSFMB tourney.....

Don't sell yourself short - you're a tremendous slouch.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:23 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Don Tiny wrote:
Call me a troglodyte if you will, but I have no idea what the big deal is. I mean, practically speaking, instead of the violence being somewhat random, they're deciding to focus it on specific targets in an effort to win the game.

'Player Safety' is a red herring, a buzzword in an effort to mitigate unwanted people taking an interest in the violent aspects of the game, a la ... oh who the hell was it, Roosevelt, that wanted to really put the screws to the game.

I don't know ... I just don't see all the hoopla being appropriate. I don't mean to indicate that I'm pro-injury, it's just I don't think all the "oh my" reaction is ridiculous.

I agree 100%. It's just another "serious" subject over which little danny can act self-important.

The game is designed so one guy tries to hurt another. Whether there is a bonus for it is immaterial.

P.S.- I love Dick Butkus!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:34 pm 

Meatball.

:P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:43 pm 

spmack wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

Yeah and Dan took not-so-veiled shots at both of them. :shock: Interesting. Wonder if he'll state his feelings directly to them the next time he talks to them.

Alex Brown has no obligation at all to call in, but as a paid "NFL Expert", what is Bowen's obligation to be on the air when news breaks?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:46 pm 

Probably only expected during the season.

But who knows.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:36 pm 

While I don't really care about a bounty being put out on players, as I have always wanted to see the Mannings laid out. I'm not surprised it would come from an organization that has Payton as a coach. Once again this guy shows how much of a jerkoff he truely is.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:53 pm 

instead of running a crooked defense williams should have been more concerned with getting his defensive players to PLAY DEFENSE. fuck him and his swank glasses.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:15 am 

The fact that money was involved makes this an even dirtier offense. Obviously football is about hurting your opponent, but there is such a thing as sportsmanship. Peppers puts guys out of the game, but not in a dirty sort of way (i.e. late hits or bush league plays). People want to overlook this since it was football, but imagine if there was a bounty by MLB pitchers to injure batters or NBA players who were to attack guys trying to dunk or illegal hits on star players in the NHL. It's one thing if you're playing a video game, but you could even potentially kill someone trying to injure them or end their career for life in football.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:24 am 

Mini Ditka wrote:
The fact that money was involved makes this an even dirtier offense. Obviously football is about hurting your opponent, but there is such a thing as sportsmanship. Peppers puts guys out of the game, but not in a dirty sort of way (i.e. late hits or bush league plays). People want to overlook this since it was football, but imagine if there was a bounty by MLB pitchers to injure batters or NBA players who were to attack guys trying to dunk or illegal hits on star players in the NHL. It's one thing if you're playing a video game, but you could even potentially kill someone trying to injure them or end their career for life in football.

The money does make a difference. If you honestly play the game and then hand out some awards afterwards I don't see a problem....however, when you add money to the equation Players now know what something is worth and there is a potential for them to alter their play to achieve those monetary goals. Even though these guys already have tons of money it still matters to them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:26 am 
Site Admin

I find it ironic that a guy who names himself after Ditka is rallying behind the concept of "sportsmanship".

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:32 am 

Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with "bounties" in the NFL the League is going to come down hard on someone. Who will it be? The Saints or Greg Williams or both? They are said to have a ridiculous amount of documentation and I believe it follows Williams to some of his other teams. I say the Saints get a 75Ok fine as a team and lose a mid round draft pick and Williams gets a 1OO-2OO k fine and is bounced for no less than a year if not for good. Williams also admitted to this already and admitted to "knowing it was wrong" while doing it but doing it anyways. Those admissions will probably seal his fate.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Matt Bowen clearly has no issues with the system:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/fo ... 992.column

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Mr. Guillone promise 10,000 dollars to tha man knock Honey Roy Palmer out.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
The Saints and WIlliams will get dinged here, but don't the Refrees have to be accountable here too.

In the NFC Championship Game, I figured Williams told his defense hit Favre untill they throw the Flag, and I don't remember any roughing the QB flags.

When I was reading on Profootballtalk.com, when the week before Warner went out of the playoff game vs the Saints, but it was a Legal hit on the interception return.

I know some of the Bears got hurt in this year's Saints Game, I heard Earl Bennet went out and wasn't this Gabe Carimi's last game too (of course Carimi may not be part of this), but was there a lot of players that the Saints took out in the past couple of years.

It may have come out because a former player of the Saints got screwed over somewhere and started talking.

Urlacher's Missing Neck is probably close to the amount of Fines.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:28 am 
Site Admin

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Mr. Guillone promise 10,000 dollars to tha man knock Honey Roy Palmer out.

Dear Lord, please give us the strength and courage to tear this man from limb to limb.