It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
The 'Nucks won't be much of a challenge? Woah, the Hawks barely--with luck and some favorable NHL rulings--squeaked by a Predators team that was missing their top goal-scorer for most of the series. The Canucks have half a dozen scorers who would immediately be the top scorer on the Preds were they to be traded to Nashville.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
NearWessSideHussra wrote:
The 'Nucks won't be much of a challenge? Woah, the Hawks barely--with luck and some favorable NHL rulings--squeaked by a Predators team that was missing their top goal-scorer for most of the series. The Canucks have half a dozen scorers who would immediately be the top scorer on the Preds were they to be traded to Nashville.

And the Hawks have 5 scorers that would, too.

While I agree that Vancouver will be a HUGE challenge - and the Hawks may not get past them this time - they didn't exactly "squeak" by the Preds, either. They won in 6. Maybe not all the prettiest victories, but there was really just ONE game that the Hawks looked positively AWFUL, and I can guarantee you won't see that again. They can't afford to. The rest of the games the Hawks were fighting tooth and nail against a heavily defensive-oriented team. As far as "luck", well, shit any team can (and does) find some luck here and there.

And feel free to drop the Hossa angst at any time - it's over.

Fact is that Vancouver plays a more similar style to the Hawks than the Preds - speed, high-powered offense, and yes, they are more physical. BUT, their weak spot is Luongo - statistically, he is the same goalie as Rinne (GAA and SV%), but he also faces a lot more shots (400 more in 10 more regular-season games than Rinne). And the Hawks have already shown they can exploit him.

What the Hawks need to do to win the series:

- Keep their composure
- Play smart defensively
- BARRAGE the net - stop looking for the "perfect" situation and get the puck to the net early and often

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Halak was outstanding the last 3 games. He was unreal. At least the crapitols are out of the way.
I have no idea who to root for in the SJ - Detroit series. I have a feeling the Wings win it though.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Scorehead on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
crosscheck wrote:
well I'd probably start by going after turco in the offseason

I know a certain Frenchman I'd be willing to part with for a shiny new bag of pucks if they are interested.

Someone needs to refer this series to Bernstein as your example of a 'hot goalie'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Northside_Dan wrote:
crosscheck wrote:
well I'd probably start by going after turco in the offseason

I know a certain Frenchman I'd be willing to part with for a shiny new bag of pucks if they are interested.

Someone needs to refer this series to Bernstein as your example of a 'hot goalie'

Only if you can quantify it first. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
For tonight, I will say the Red Wings are still a little tired from the last series, I say the Sharks take game 1.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Scum in a high scoring affair with the sharks tonight, 3-1 halfway through the first...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:48 pm 

Hope the Pens don't overlook the Canadiens, and take game 1 to start.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:31 pm 

Pens win game 1 6-3, I will say for tommorow, The Flyers and Blackhawks take game 1.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:55 pm 

Both teams that came off 7 game series ended up having to play game 1 of the next series less than 48 hours after finishing off their 1st round opponents--Detroit finished off Phx late Tuesday night and then had to travel to San Jose to play the Sharks 6 pm Thursday night. Habs had an easier commute and didn't have to change time zones, but they still had to drop the puck on their next series within 48 hours of finishing the prior series.

If the NHL wants to have more competitive games, they'd have bumped the Detroit-SJS game 1 to Friday and Habs-Penguins game 1 to Saturday.

As both Boston and Chicago finished up Monday, starting one of those series Thursday would've made sense. And that the Flyers were done earliest and those 2 teams have the easiest travel, have Boston-Philly Thursday, Det-SJ Friday, Habs-Penguins and Blackhawks-Canucks as the main events Saturday.

Detroit now gets an extra day off before having to play game 2 Sunday in San Jose, but Montreal is stuck playing every other day for the rest of their series and the Penguins will probably run through them in 5 games.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:36 am 

reents wrote:
Pens win game 1 6-3, I will say for tommorow, The Flyers and Blackhawks take game 1.

reents, i'll admit i haven't paid much attention to the bruins but am i wrong to think that the flyers match up well against them?

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:19 pm 

W_Z, I just went with the Flyers, just because they had a hot goalie and had the less amount of games in the first round, should be well rested.

On Game 1 between the Flyers-Bruins, what a game, Bruins lead all day, Flyers tie it late in the 3rd period, then in overtime, both teams had chances to win, good fast pace, Bruins had the one more chance they needed and Marc Savard scored the game winner to go up 1-0.

If you look at trends, don't know if it helps the Hawks tonight that all the home teams have so far or does a road team win.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:34 pm 

reents wrote:

If you look at trends, don't know if it helps the Hawks tonight that all the home teams have so far or does a road team win.

DaMaNa would say bet against the trend.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:22 pm 

reents wrote:
On Game 1 between the Flyers-Bruins, what a game, Bruins lead all day, Flyers tie it late in the 3rd period, then in overtime, both teams had chances to win, good fast pace, Bruins had the one more chance they needed and Marc Savard scored the game winner to go up 1-0.

you know? it sucks they lost but i'm not that disappointed in the loss. they came back from a 4-2 deficit and they're missing 2 key players. gagne especially but...the guy's always hurt it seems.

i still think this'll be a good series.

looking forward to your blackhawks but man...not looking good so far. :(

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:29 pm 

I would just say on the Blackhawks, you don't like losing 5-1, but you lost the 1st game of the series to Nashville and last year to Vancouver, came back to win, also you knew the team was probably going to have to win 1 game in Vancouver.

I think it was good they scored that goal in the 3rd period, not a shutout, and Blackhawks work on the powerplay, what were they, I think 1 for 6.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:32 am 

For today, I like the Penguins to go up 2-0, and I think the Red Wings need a win today, I don't see them coming back down 2-0, so I will say the Red Wings.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:06 pm 

For the Penguins today, Haluk played today like he against the Capitals. So the series is tied at 1, Pens haven't lost on the road in the playoffs, but if Haluk looks like this, this series may be a long one, 6 or 7.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:07 pm 
I was standing next to the Avs leading goal scorer this afternoon, and did not realize who it was til later. I will go the box for 2 minutes and feel shame.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Baby McNown wrote:
I was standing next to the Avs leading goal scorer this afternoon, and did not realize who it was til later. I will go the box for 2 minutes and feel shame.

Wrong section

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:22 pm 
Well since the Avs just got knocked out of the playoffs, and nobody but the hockey head give a shit about who Chris Stewart is, right section.

Go away.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Baby McNown wrote:
Well since the Avs just got knocked out of the playoffs, and nobody but the hockey head give a shit about who Chris Stewart is, right section.

Go away.

It belongs in the "brag about something no one cares about" thread. You're none too bright, are you.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:52 pm 

Well let's see what happens tonight, Well the Flyers and Blackhawks win tonight too tie up the series or go down 2-0.

I think the Flyers did some things on Saturday and may have found stuff, down 2 in the 3rd, ties, but lose in o.t., so I think the Flyers tie it up tonight.

On the Hawks, this is a tough one, a loss could mean their last home game, talk about goalies, Tim Thomas from Boston don't know contract wise, but I think the Hawks come out playing more physical, get an early lead, then see where they go from there, I will say the Hawks win tonight.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:47 pm 

flyers really fighting in this. good series so far. i just hope they can pull out a win tonight. i definitely could see them taking one on home ice.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:23 pm 

Well on tonight, the Penguins vs the Canadiens, the big number may be 2, the Canadiens last 4 playoff wins, have just allowed 1 goal per game, Penguins haven't lost on the road these playoffs, so it will be intresting tonight, I am going for the Penguins.

On the Sharks vs Red Wings, I thought if the Sharks won the first 2, they would take the series in 5, but I think the Wings play their hardest tonight, to get back into the series, so I will say Red Wings.

On the NHL, this would be a night and for the playoffs so far, if they could have another channel along with Versus, so we could see both games, on Versus, we get the Penguins vs Canadiens to start, and then a half hour of Sharks vs Red Wings. Be nice to see all of both games.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:40 pm 

well 2 was the magical number, Penguins win 2-0 and lead series 2-1.

Sharks win overtime 4-3, lead series 3-0, could be a Sharks sweep, Red Wings up 3-1 going to the 3rd, lose that lead and lose in o.t.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:42 pm 

LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing the Red Wings lose.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I think I'd rather see the Red Wings than the Sharks though.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
RFDC wrote:
LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing the Red Wings lose.

like I said a few weeks ago RFDC, you're alright in my book...

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:44 pm 

Well tonight, we see if the Flyers get back in the series and who takes the lead in the Canucks-Hawks series.

The Flyers have lost both games by 1 goal, would have to think they find a way to win at home.

Did the Hawks find something in the win and keep it going, I will go with the Hawks, if they lose we get 2 days of Game 4 being the biggest of the season and people getting on the ledge to jump.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:34 pm 

well i guess my first impulse was right that the flyers' stanley cup was beating the devils.

they don't match up well at all against the bruins apparently.

rask was a beast tonight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next