It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1091 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: CSFMB Survivor!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:36 pm 

The teams are not listed on that document, only the overall players.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
conns7901 wrote:

Click on Entries on bottom

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:38 pm 

jackref wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Click on Entries on bottom

:oops:

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
newper wrote:
Shake That has invoked the Smear Job on Lance Briggs. Luckily for them, each of the three other teams did select Briggs to their team. Briggs will only get half points for those teams today.

another wise decision brought to you by the good people at SHAKE THAT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Updated after the Bears game.... going out a bit and will be watching NYJ/NE on tape delay, so I may not have updates immediately after the game.

Shake That is in the lead once again with 25 points, but the Anti-ISOPians are right on their tail with 21.5 points. Both teams had Brock who recorded a sack and a forced fumble, in addition to a tackle and an assist. Scorehead Monkeys and Team Aromashodu are a little farther back with 9 total points. If Ellis or Cromartie have big games, those teams will be right back in it. Good luck and GO BEARS!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
2nd place or not, my picks sucked .... sorry kids!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
If Ivan would've listened to me aboot benching Briggs.....

:D

Who cares. Team Aromashodu survives another elimination.

WAR Aromashodu!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Don Tiny wrote:
2nd place or not, my picks sucked .... sorry kids!

Your picks were plenty good enough!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:49 pm 

The individual defense challenge has come to a close. Shake That extends their winning streak to three games in a row, once again not needing any special advantage to win. They put up 61 points from star contributors of Brock (sack and a fumble), Ellis (two sacks), Pace (another sack and fumble), and Hawthorne (tackling machine). Next best was Team Aromashodu with 39.5 points -- they relied on Wilfork to give them the edge to second place. The bottom two teams were the Scorehead Monkeys and the Anti-ISOPians (with 37 and 33 points respectively.) A couple of their midrange picks just didn't pay off today.

Members of the Scorehead Monkeys and the Anti-ISOPians will need to submit a player to vote off. Note that you can only vote for players on your team. The email address is CSFMBSurvivor@gmail.com . Remember that your first vote is your final vote, and that you cannot miss more than 2 mandatory votes without being DQed from the competition. If I haven't received a vote from you in the past, please let me know who you are when you are voting. Your votes are due by 7pm tomorrow. Hidden immunity idols are due by 9pm tomorrow.

Tuesday's challenge will be posted tomorrow morning and will be college hoops oriented.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:50 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
If Ivan would've listened to me aboot benching Briggs.....

:D

Who cares. Team Aromashodu survives another elimination.

WAR Aromashodu!

That was really the only decision I pored over .... Urlacher or Briggs. For whatever reason, I didn't trust the "real" stats for tackling - Urlacher would seem to get the advantage of film-review tackles being added to his total, while the defense (very generally speaking) tries to push anything less than 10 yards to the weak side of the field (e.g., Briggs).

As you say, no harm - no foul, just displeasure for two really shitty football turnouts for me personally. Bear in mind I have no real life so these things stand out slightly more than if I had a proper agenda of things to do. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:33 am 

Challenge #5 -- Jan 18, 2011

In this challenge, we'll be focusing on the Spartans/Illini game this Tuesday night from Assembly Hall. This should be a pretty evenly matched game. The Spartans are coming off a near defeat at home by a motivated Northwestern team, while the Illini have dropped both of their last two games and need to right the ship quickly. I'll be using the box score listed on the Fighting Illini website (just add a dot com to visit)

You'll be asked to choose 10 of the following statements, and pick a side. These lines were devised so as not to have any number push, but in the rare chance that it does, we'll count those as a win. For each of your ten, you will assign a :alien: value. You can have two of them be three :alien:s, three be two :alien:s, and the remaining five will be one :alien:. Get the side correct and you earn the :alien:s assigned to that line. Total up your number of :alien:s and that's the score for your team for this challenge.

Here are the sides to pick:
A Illinois -7.5 vs Michigan State
B Total score o/u 127.5
C Illinois largest lead o/u 10.5
D Michigan State largest lead o/u 7.5
E Combined technical fouls o/u 0.5
F Total personal fouls o/u 34.5
G Mike Tisdale o/u 4.5 fouls
H D. J. Richardson shooting o/u 49.5 FG pct
I Demetri McCamey FT made o/u 5.5
J Mike Davis blocks o/u 0.5
K Brandon Paul three pointers o/u 0.5
L Tyler Griffey minutes o/u 8.5
M Illinois team FG pct o/u 43.5
N Illinois points in paint o/u 19.5
O Durrell Summers total points o/u 19.5
P Draymond Green total rebounds o/u 7.5
Q Kalin Lucas steals o/u 0.5
R Derrick Nix points o/u 2.5
S Korie Lucious free throws made o/u 0.5
T Delvon Roe personal fouls o/u 3.5
U Michigan State fast break points o/u 4.5
V Michigan State 3pt pct o/u 30.5

Tiebreaker #1 - Predict the Spartan who will score the most points.
Tiebreaker #2 - How many points will the Illini score?

Shake That, your advantage options are:
  • Option A: Auto-tiebreak. You'll get half a :alien: added to your total.
  • Option B: Blacklist. Pick six of the statements and post them in this thread as blacklisted. No team, including your own, can risk :alien:s on a blacklisted item. You must post them in this thread by 7 pm tonight to use this option.
  • Option C: 11th man (in memory of Seattle): Pick one additional item for one :alien:. You'll be submitting 11 items.

Challenge #5 entries are due by 5pm tomorrow. Good luck to all teams.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:37 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
:alien:
we assign an alien value? wtf?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:04 pm 

No, you do not need to name the :alien:s, just the number of them you are assigning to each. For those of you having trouble grasping the concept, pretend that this -> :alien: was a $1000 stack of bills or a star or any other object which you could use to keep track of points.

Also, this will be a single elimination contest... I forgot to mention that, but that is pretty much the default unless the challenge states otherwise.

I think there is a limit of 10 emoticons per post -- try one with more and find out I guess. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:44 pm 

Geemanee Christmas Criminey Dutch ..... I have nothing to offer on this one. Let me know when the contest includes a portion of jazz knowledge or being fat.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:13 pm 

I'll go tally the votes.

Let's start with the Anti-ISOPians. First vote is for conns7901. The next vote is for Eaglo Jeff. The third vote is also for Eaglo Jeff which puts him in the lead. The next vote is also for Eaglo Jeff. Eaglo needs the remaining three votes to be for conns. Unfortunately, there are just two votes that were cast, and they were also for Eaglo. Eaglo has been eliminated from the competition. And just in time too because this was his third missing vote, and therefore he would have been DQed. I think Eaglo summed it up best when he said he didn't have the time to play. Made a nice free elimination for the Anti-ISOPians, but now they are down to five -- and all five voted last time. I think things may start to get pretty serious at their camp.

The Scorehead Monkeys are up next. This is their second elimination vote in a row. The voting bin seems a little light -- looks like only three of the six members bothered to cast a vote. All three votes are for Coztansa, so Coztansa has been voted out. Missing votes and earning their second strike are Gloopan and Ugueth. The Monkeys seem to be on the same page -- at least the active players.

Friday's challenge will be a little bit different -- you'll be competing both individually and as a team. You'll have over two days to prepare your entries, and if you do not complete an individual entry, it will count as a strike. I'm doing this partially just to get a better handle on how many people are actually participating in this as opposed to how many signed up and are just hanging around so I can prepare for tribe merging as fairly as possible.

Good luck to the rest of you, and I'll see you back here tomorrow with the entries for the next challenge!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:39 am 

Option B is officially of the table now correct?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:39 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Option B is officially of the table now correct?

I've quite literally removed it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
This will probably be the only thread I'll post in for a while. There seems to be a cat problem on the board again...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:32 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
This will probably be the only thread I'll post in for a while. There seems to be a cat problem on the board again...

Woof.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:49 pm 

Challenge entries here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... utput=html

8:00 PM -- Prettied it up a bit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:30 pm 

Results are in from the fifth challenge... congratulations this time go to the Scorehead Monkeys! They really thought about this one, and were on the money for their three :alien: and two :alien: picks hitting every one, plus two of the five single :alien: picks for a total of 14. The Monkeys take their first win and have to be excited about putting an end to the two challenge losing streak.

Coming in second with a respectable 11.5 (11 without the bonus) is Shake That! They hit both of their threes, but then came up with mixed results from there. Their streak of dominance at this game has come to at least a lull, but we'll see if they can regain their mojo going forward.

Coming in third was a tie between the Anti-ISOPians and Team Aromashodu with 7 each. Aromashadu missed all the single :alien: props, while the Anti-ISOPians excelled there, but missed several of their multi- :alien: selections. It comes down to the all important tiebreaker questions. We will look to the first tiebreaker -- which Spartan will score the most points. Team Aromashodu went with Durrell Summers while the Anti-ISOPians took Kalin Lucas. After consulting the box score, Summers had just 13 while Lucas had 15. That means the Anti-ISOPians win the tiebreaker and claim third place!

Team Aromashodu, the time has come to vote off your first member. Submit votes to CSFMBSurvivor@gmail.com . You must submit a vote by 7PM tomorrow evening or earn a strike. Three strikes and you're out. If you wish to play a hidden immunity idol, it must be played by 9PM. Please identify your name in your vote so I know who voted.

The next challenge will appear tomorrow and be for Friday night. It will be for individual immunity as well as a team bonus. There will be three eliminations as a result of the Friday contest. Good night.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:20 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
The problem is not going away it seems.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:36 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
This will probably be the only thread I'll post in for a while.

Thank you.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:37 am 

Challenge #6 -- Jan 21, 2011

This challenge is an individual submission challenge. Each player should submit their own entry directly.

There are 10 NBA games this Friday. This challenge is pretty simple. Just pick five of the twenty teams. Your five teams must come from five different games. Scoring will be verified at Yahoo! Sports, and will be as simple as this:

If the team you pick wins, you will get double the total points scored by that team's five starters.
If the team you pick loses, you will get triple the points by the #2 and #3 top scoring starters for that team.

Here's the schedule
Detroit @ New Jersey 6:00
Phoenix @ Washington 6:00
Toronto @ Orlando 6:00
Milwaukee @ Cleveland 6:30
New Orleans @ Atlanta 6:30
Utah @ Boston 6:30
Houston @ Memphis 7:00
New York @ San Antonio 7:00
Sacremento @ Golden Gate 9:30
Lakers @ Denver 9:30

Tiebreaker #1 - Name the winner of the Detroit/New Jersey game
Tiebreaker #2 - Name the winner of the New Orleans/Atlanta game
Tiebreaker #3 - Give the total points scored in the Lakers/Denver game
Tiebreaker #4 - Timestamp on entry submission (earlier is better)

Monkeys, you won the challenge on Tuesday. Captain T-Bone, please pick one of these three advantages -- the advantage applies to every member of your team.:
  • Option A: Exclusive rights. Post in this thread by 7pm on Thursday and claim a game exclusively for your team. The other three teams will not be able to choose either of the teams that play in this game. This option is off the table if not claimed by that time.
  • Option B: Point boost. Straight up points. 15 points to be exact -- added to your total
  • Option C: Spoils to the victor. If a team you select wins, add an additional 4.5 points to your score per winning team.

All picks need to be in by 5pm on Friday. Failure to enter a pick will result in a strike.

We'll take the average points for each Survivor team (of those players that submit an entry.) The highest scoring team average will win this challenge. Each of the remaining three teams will have a player eliminated. That's right -- this is a triple elimination contest.

There are also awards to be given out to the individual champions in each group. If you are the top point getter in your group and your group is in the bottom three for this challenge, you have individual immunity and cannot be voted out this round. If you are the top point getter in your group, and your group wins the challenge, you will be given the option to take over captaincy of your team going forward.

If, by failure to submit an entry, a member of your team gets DQed from the contest and you are in the bottom three teams, you will have the option to vote for "nobody" this week. If the "nobody" vote wins, then no additional players from your team will be eliminated this week.

Also, I'm taking an informal poll to see if we should take this Sunday off due to Bears fever. Post in the thread or PM me and let me know your thoughts!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:40 am 

I vote no challenge this weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:40 am 

I vote Sunday NHL challenge.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:42 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
This seems like it'll be fun. I feel bad for those that don't follow NBA though.

It'll be a shame to lose you as a teammate.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
No challenge this Sunday.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:46 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
No challenge this Sunday.

agreed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:47 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
This seems like it'll be fun. I feel bad for those that don't follow NBA though.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but at some point, everyone will be playing as individuals and you're bound to get a sport that you are less than educated on. There are two parts to this game -- winning challenges is one, but the other (arguably more important) is winning allies when it comes to voting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1091 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 37  Next