It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1091 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: CSFMB Survivor!!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Challenge #7

This will be a multi-sport challenge. Each team should submit one entry via the team captain. There will be one elimination vote for the team that finishes last, and the winning team will have an advantage going into the next contest.

NHL
New Jersey @ Detroit (6:30 on Versus)
Phoenix @ Colorado (8:00)
St. Louis @ Calgary (9:00)
Nashville @ Edmonton (9:00)
San Jose @ Los Angeles (9:00)

NBA
Miami @ New Jersey (6:00)
Atlanta @ Milwaukee (7:00)
LA Clippers @ Houston (7:30)
Charlotte @ Phoenix (8:00)
San Antonio @ Utah (8:30 on ESPN)

NCAA B
Villanova @ Providence (6:00)
West Virginia @ Louisville (6:00)
Northwestern @ Minnesota (7:30)
Creighton @ Northern Iowa (8:00)
San Diego St @ BYU (9:00)

Pick six teams in these games. These picks must all play in separate games -- you can't pick both sides of the same game. If your team LOSES, you will score:
NBA TEAM:  You will receive the amount of points that the starters score for the losing team
NCAA TEAM: You will receive the amount of points the entire losing team scores
NHL TEAM: You will receive 35 times the amount of goals scored for the losing team
There are no points awarded for picking winning teams.

Scorehead Monkeys, you won the last challenge, and therefore earn an advantage. Please choose one and only one option:
Option A: Exclusive rights. Tag one game in each league/association to be exclusively yours. Your team must pick a side in each matchup, and no other CSFMB team is allowed to choose a team in those games. You must claim this by 8pm Tuesday night, or this option is both literally and figuratively off the table.
Option B: Double up. Pick five games instead of six. Designate one of those games to count twice for your team.
Option C: Hasenpfeffer Incorporated. With your submission, designate another CSFMB Survivor team and league/association. That team's selections for that league/association will be reversed. For example, if you submit the hypothetical team Shake Anti-Aromashodu and the NBA, and Shake Anti-Aromashodu picked the Milwaukee Bucks to lose, the pick would be automatically changed to be the Atlanta Hawks. Any points that team does earn in that sport will be multiplied by a bonus 10%.

Monkeys, you must choose one of the options. If no option is listed, Option B will be assumed and your sixth pick will be discarded and your first pick doubled.

Captains, please submit your team's entry by 5pm Wednesday.

In addition, all active players on all teams, submit an integer from 1-30 (if you aren't good at math, an integer is a counting number like you would count on your fingers and toes.) Please submit to CSFMBSurvivor@gmail.com. We will soon be consolidating teams. The players with the two lowest numbers that are not duplicated in other entries will become the team captains at that point.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Spaulding wrote:
I scored 730 points in a challenge for a sport I know nothing about...

Yawn. I don't know anything about the NBA either and still scored 750-something. Oh yeah, I also won immunity. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
newper wrote:
Challenge #7

This will be a multi-sport challenge. Each team should submit one entry via the team captain. There will be one elimination vote for the team that finishes last, and the winning team will have an advantage going into the next contest.

NHL

That's Nashville @ Vanouver, isn't it?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:37 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
newper wrote:
Challenge #7

NHL

That's Nashville @ Vanouver, isn't it?

Yes, thanks... please update your records accordingly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
Option A was not chosen by Scorehead Monkeys?

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
jackref wrote:
Option A was not chosen by Scorehead Monkeys?

Nope

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:38 am 

I forgot to put a tiebreaker on this week's challenge, so that means we will have a tie.

I'll take the last digit of the teams' scores below to break the tie... starting with NBA. If teams are still tied, then I'll use the college teams to break the tie.

Aromashodu - Phoenix, Louisville
Anti-ISOPians - Milwaukee, Creighton
Monkeys - Utah, West Virginia
That - Clippers, Northern Iowa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:44 pm 

Can I ask for clarification on Option C?

Quote:
Option C: Hasenpfeffer Incorporated. With your submission, designate another CSFMB Survivor team and league/association. That team's selections for that league/association will be reversed. For example, if you submit the hypothetical team Shake Anti-Aromashodu and the NBA, and Shake Anti-Aromashodu picked the Milwaukee Bucks to lose, the pick would be automatically changed to be the Atlanta Hawks. Any points that team does earn in that sport will be multiplied by a bonus 10%.

If they go this route, they can only select one team to be affected by this correct? And if they choose NCAA is it every game reversed or they have to specify one game from that category?

Thanks Newper!

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:37 pm 

IMU is right. In fact, they did choose option C!

They have played it against Shake That's NBA selections. There may be a mole in the organization though, because Shake That did not make any NBA selections. I'm sure it was just random chance....

Entries are here -- tiebreakers are listed back a couple of posts.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key ... utput=html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
newper - sorry for the superfluous email .... you know what I mean. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
newper wrote:
IMU is right. In fact, they did choose option C!

They have played it against Shake That's NBA selections. There may be a mole in the organization though, because Shake That did not make any NBA selections. I'm sure it was just random chance....

Entries are here -- tiebreakers are listed back a couple of posts.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key ... utput=html

No mole (or is there?), you just gotta be a little craftier than that to outwit SHAKE THAT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:20 pm 

No mole needed! Just great strategery on our part :D

That should throw them off the trail Hank. :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
immessedup17 wrote:
I'm a resourceful guy. I have at least 2 henchmen in each of the 3 other tribes.

Wrong Section.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:41 am 

Results are in for the 7th challenge. The Scorehead Monkeys had the advantage going in and made a move against Shake That. Shake That sagely dodged the attack, and avoided any NBA plays.

The winner of this challenge is Team Aromashodu! They correctly predicted 5 out of 6 losing teams and therefore were far and away the winners of this challenge. Congratulations, and you'll be receiving an advantage in the next challenge.

The Anti-ISOPians only hit on three of their picks, but they stayed clear of NHL games which ended up being a good move. Most of the NHL losers only had one goal, and both NBA and NCAA B teams were able to easily outpace those 35 points. Shake That hit on 4 out of their 6 and are safe to go through the next challenge.

Scorehead Monkeys finished in last place. They only hit 2 out of the 6 teams, and fell quite short of 3rd place. Monkeys, please send in a vote to CSFMBSurvivor@gmail.com by 7pm Thursday. If you have an immunity idol and wish to play it, you must play it by 9pm Thursday.

Friday's challenge will be up tomorrow morning. Good luck and good night.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
If there's one thing we're good at, it's picking losers.

Aromashodu FTW!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Not only can we not bring down other teams, we failed miserably in our own challenge. We just are too good to pick losers I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Captain T-Bone really let the team down in this challenge. Could be curtains
for me. I can't believe Villanova laid an egg like that and Atlanta had Milwaukee
down by double digits in the 4th quarter and just folded.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Team Aromashodu: Stronger than Ever...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:57 am 

Due to my availability, we're going to skip the Friday contest and we'll do the merge after this vote. I'll announce the new teams and captains on Friday morning, along with Sunday's contest.

If you're really looking for something to do on Friday, there are currently a couple of unclaimed immunity idols hanging around out there ready for the taking.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:59 am 

Can you explain the merge in a little more detail? Is it just random or are the captains picking or ???

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:06 am 

Whatever team we merge with instantly becomes Team Aromashodu...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:28 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
Or is it a draft?

I hope it's a racial draft. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:45 am 

newper wrote:
If you're really looking for something to do on Friday, there are currently a couple of unclaimed immunity idols hanging around out there ready for the taking.

I've given up on that aspect of the game as I still really have no idea where they are. I've looked at every post you put here for sentences where the first letter spells out HIDDEN IDOL CODE and haven't found any so either I have no clue what to look for or the explanation given isn't sufficient enough.

The part about white text written on white screens in the spreadsheets? I have no idea what that means or how to look for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:47 am 

shakes wrote:
newper wrote:

I've given up on that aspect of the game as I still really have no idea where they are. I've looked at every post you put here for sentences where the first letter spells out HIDDEN IDOL CODE and haven't found any so either I have no clue what to look for or the explanation given isn't sufficient enough.

The part about white text written on white screens in the spreadsheets? I have no idea what that means or how to look for it.

+1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:53 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
newper wrote:

I think that was a hidden immunity thingy.

I don't see how it could be according to the rules Newper posted. The Hassenpfeffer Incorporated part only gives you the HI of the code, you still need the DDEN IDOL CODE which means the next two words after Hassenpfeffer Incorporated have to both start with the letter D. At least that's how I interpret the rules according to what newp posted.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
I thought he was just giving them out to the favorites.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:56 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
I thought he was just giving them out to the favorites.

lol, Gloop, you're definitely one of my favorites here so if I get one its coming your way.

Of course, that would require me to be one of the favorites in the first place and we all know that ain't likely.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:56 am 

Just win, baby...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
immessedup17 wrote:
shakes wrote:
newper wrote:

newper wrote:

I think that was a hidden immunity thingy.

It wasn't. I tried it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1091 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 37  Next