It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
good dolphin wrote:
Stick with it? I've got another 5+ weeks.

Come on Good Dolphin, you can lose those man juggs.....

(Get it?)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:45 pm 

spmack wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Stick with it? I've got another 5+ weeks.

Come on Good Dolphin, you can lose those man juggs.....

(Get it?)

you know you love my juggs sweetie! :wink: :alien:

:sunny: :sunny:

spmack wrote:
Like Kid, its not hard and it only takes all of 2 minutes...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
I'm about 10-15 pounds past where I'd like to be. The tournament isn't going to help either, since I tend to let go a little.

Long distance running mostly bores me, so I can't really do treadmill. I've been skipping rope 20-30 minutes 3 or 4 times a week. I've also gotten a lot more serious about pure strength lifts like squats (I've more than doubled my comfortable 8-10 rep weight) and deadlifts. I've been trying to increase my bench press also after going far too long without serious work, but I'm absolutely stuck on a number I can't get over.

One thing I've been doing which helps is tabata training, both aerobics and weightlifting. The whole idea of tabata training is 20 seconds on, ten seconds off for a certain number of cycles (usually eight). So tomorrow I'll lift and do a normal number of squats and deadlifts (3 x 8 each), then hit the machines for the tabata training. It doesn't sound like that much--each cycle is only 4:00, and you're only working for 2:40--but it is pure agony. But for the "extra" exercises that aren't for really building pure strength, you can knock them out in four minutes AND get in 70-90 reps, depending upon the exercise.

I'd say in Spmack's case it's probably a combination of 1.) genetics, 2.) less fat, and 3.) people around you cheating on exercises and not really doing the work the right way. There are a lot of guys who can "bench" 225 only when tag teaming with a spotter, or curl 40 pounds an arm and swing their entire body. But then when they try to use correct form for 10 reps, they're amazed by how much weaker they are.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:25 am 

Irish Boy wrote:
Long distance running mostly bores me, so I can't really do treadmill. I've been skipping rope 20-30 minutes 3 or 4 times a week. I've also gotten a lot more serious about pure strength lifts like squats (I've more than doubled my comfortable 8-10 rep weight) and deadlifts. I've been trying to increase my bench press also after going far too long without serious work, but I'm absolutely stuck on a number I can't get over.

Switch to a lower weight and increase reps for a few weeks and then go back to max training. The change might confuse your muscles enough to build....and I'm talking reps to 20, superset with something.

Yes bitches I am back.

First half marathon in 7 weeks - down to 220. Happy where I am. Running 15+ miles a week now + basketball Ran a 10K last week and just missed the one hour mark, but lowered my PR by a minute. Doing kick ass.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Had my 2 week weigh in today. Dropped another 5 pounds and am now all the way down to 193! That's 32 pounds total since the new year. My original goal when I started was 190-195, but now I might try to push it into the 180s just for the fuck of it. Heading to mexico for a wedding April 6 and it would be nice to get some wiggle room before I go so I can put on a couple pounds and not freak out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:48 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
shakes wrote:
Had my 2 week weigh in today. Dropped another 5 pounds and am now all the way down to 193! That's 32 pounds total since the new year. My original goal when I started was 190-195, but now I might try to push it into the 180s just for the fuck of it. Heading to mexico for a wedding April 6 and it would be nice to get some wiggle room before I go so I can put on a couple pounds and not freak out.

Very impressive, shakes. Good work. You must be skating a lot faster now.

I am going to Florida in a few weeks and would like to take off at least five more pounds before then. The weight is still coming off, but slowly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I got on the scale this morning and I was 205.0, and that was after a weekend of no working out and eating out at restaurants.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Considering joining a gym near my office in Oakbrook. Has a good deal associated with my company, not too far from the office, etc.

I just hate paying for a membership at a gym when I can really just do the same things at home. Maybe if I am actually paying for something I will be more likely to actually keep up with it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Still hanging in at 243 after over week of travel and not being able to cook my own meals... could be worse.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Down 15 lbs since Feb 1, another 8 or so to go. Thinking once I hit 175 to 178 range of doing P90X just to see how well it works and to work off the last of the spare tire. Great job Shakes on the weight loss, keep it up !!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Considering joining a gym near my office in Oakbrook. Has a good deal associated with my company, not too far from the office, etc.

I just hate paying for a membership at a gym when I can really just do the same things at home. Maybe if I am actually paying for something I will be more likely to actually keep up with it?

I said this for many years. The problem was that I never would do it at home. Plus, you don't have the machines at home that they have at the gym. I was always the guy that wondered why people wanted to go to a smelly gym & work out every day. Now, after joining a gym 4 weeks ago, I'm one of those people. I look forward to going to the gym every day & spend at least 90 minutes there. $33 a Month gym membership is the best money I've ever spent. I also completely stopped eating fast food, junk food, red meat, & anything high in fat & sugar. I Haven't had a Beer in 4 weeks & actually went about 10 days without Vodka, but that streak is long gone.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Well, I would probably try to hit the gym before work, but the whole "showering at the gym" thing isn't exactly something I would look forward to.

Yeah, I know that mentality is pretty immature of me, but contrary to what many people think of me on this board I'm not always down with cocks flapping around in my viscinity.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Tall Midget wrote:
shakes wrote:

Very impressive, shakes. Good work. You must be skating a lot faster now.

I am going to Florida in a few weeks and would like to take off at least five more pounds before then. The weight is still coming off, but slowly.

yeah, there is a definite jump in my step on the ice. Also noticed that I'm holding up a lot better physically as the season progresses. usually this time of year I'm sore all over after playing roughly 40-50 hockey games since October not to mention being on the ice for pick up hockey another 50 times on top of that, but right now I feel great.

I also set a league record for points scored this year which probably isn't a coincidence.

http://www.usahockey.com/skokie_park_distr34/default.aspx?NAV=AF_23_23_02&ID=270022

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

My doctor says that my triglyceride levels from last year's physical were too high. He wants me to get checked again this weekend. I hope my commitment to exercising over the past 5 months will pay some dividends. We'll see.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:47 am 

good luck, midge.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:40 am 
1000 CLUB

W_Z wrote:
good luck, midge.

Thanks. I have a follow-up appointment tomorrow, so we'll see how things go. I am actually feeling as good right now as I have in a couple of years and am continuing to lose weight. Over the past couple of months, I've really tried to increase the intensity of my workouts, and doing so seems to be paying off.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:52 am 

Well, I would probably try to hit the gym before work, but the whole "showering at the gym" thing isn't exactly something I would look forward to.

Yeah, I know that mentality is pretty immature of me, but contrary to what many people think of me on this board I'm not always down with cocks flapping around in my viscinity.

Sorry. I'll change lockers.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:58 am 

Stink is pretty jealous, huh?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Scorehead wrote:

Tell me your at the Delnor gym :lol:

That locker room is a senior citizen balls and johnson dance party. They will never get the memo but unless you are at your locker changing or in the actual shower wear a god damn towel. That place is like an ancient roman bath house.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:08 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Tell me your at the Delnor gym :lol:

That locker room is a senior citizen balls and johnson dance party. They will never get the memo but unless you are at your locker changing or in the actual shower wear a god damn towel. That place is like an ancient roman bath house.

No. I'm just a little further North than Delnor. My gym is no different though. Lots of Men young & old walking & hanging around naked. For God sakes...wear a fucking towel & cover up your business.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I'm up 4-5 pounds since the gf came into my life. she likes to bake and drink good beer, so i'm putting it on in the belly area.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

doug - evergreen park wrote:
I'm up 4-5 pounds since the gf came into my life. she likes to bake and drink good beer, so i'm putting it on in the belly area.

Careful Doug, you might be on your way to eating yourself out of being a "Doug's Girlfriend Leaguer." :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Women are good for that, Doug.

They're also good for filling crawl spaces.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Women are good for that, Doug.

They're also good for filling crawl spaces.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:21 am 
1000 CLUB

My metabolism seems to be kicking in again. In the past 10 days, I've lost a little over 5 lbs. I'm now at my lowest weight in about five years.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:43 pm 

awesome. keep it up!

i'm glad i'm back to being able to run regularly again. feels damn good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

i just want it to be 55 or higher consistently.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I just got back from a frigid 42 minute run. It actually wasn't as cold as it was miserable from the seemingly endless shitty gray sky.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

i'm such a weather wuss....give me some warm sun so i can go on my music listening walks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
doug - evergreen park wrote:
i'm such a weather wuss....give me some warm sun so i can go on my music listening walks.

Sorry pal, those are over. Now you're going on girlfriend listening walks. To be followed by girlfriend listening television, and girlfriend listening quiet reading time. Trust me on this. I've lived it and graduated to wife listening sleeping.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 26  Next