It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ban Panther.
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
YOU COMMIE BASTARD!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:15 pm 

We've been down this road before. This thread should be good. I'm going to buy some popcorn.

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=38587

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:16 pm 

I sign this. His goal is to ruin the board, and it's starting to happen.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It's good to see the two of you agreeing on something. Banning him won't matter he will just come back under another username and the same cycle will start again. The only hope is to ignore him and we all know that won't happen. The fight is already over sadly.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Nay

I respectfully disagree. Que Beavis/Panthro may have some odd quirks to him, but I think he has some rather entertaining threads. I laugh at how seriously bent out of shape some of you guys get about him. I don't really know what went down with all the Panthro/Darko stuff....really kind of unfortunate because I consider both of them friends. I've had no problem at all with him... quite the contrary actually. He invited me to his 4th of July party, called my old show a few times and bought me a drink when we were at a Score remote one time....we even jammed once. I guess I'm alone, but I really do think he has a place here. He hasn't hurt anybody as far as I know. Just seems like some of you are letting him get under your skin.

Let's not turn this into some kind of dictatorship (although it's bigfans's board and he can do what he wants of course). I get the impression that judge bf doesn't really have that much of a problem with him.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Just create a board hell which would serve as the opposite of the foe list. Put him there and if you want to hear from him you have to friend him.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:26 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
Phil McCracken wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It's good to see the two of you agreeing on something. Banning him won't matter he will just come back under another username and the same cycle will start again. The only hope is to ignore him and we all know that won't happen. The fight is already over sadly.

He will have to come back. I'm talking about more than a username ban.

Ban the IP.

If he comes back when a proxy...there are 2 avenues he takes.

1) He tells no one who he is. He obviously needs to change his personality...win for us.

2) He is quiet for 2 weeks, tells everyone who he is, he gets banned again...win for us.

Well good luck with that. Everyone knows that the only way to get banned is to personally piss off BigFan and Panthro isn't running any contests so that's not going to happen.

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Banning users won't solve anything. I am not in agreement with posting garbage for the sole purpose of stirring up shit and arguments, but banning users will just turn into one big snowball effect.

Use the foe list, people. It really is that simple. Despite how much people dislike the guy, the more people continue to quote his posts and respond to him just makes matters worse. If he is on your foe list, then you have the option of viewing his posts or not.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:28 pm 

I predict, if left unchecked, that this eventually leads to a "board split" where a secondary board is created by someone else and 33% of the people leave both boards, some post on both, but most people go to one or the other. This happens in a lot of online communities when the experience gets too annoying. The reason it hasn't happened here is that the sheer numbers of people on the board are not enough to make it easy as it is in a community of thousands.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:29 pm 

Don't we have the option of "not viewing" anybody's posts? :? Last I checked, that mouse has a wheely thing on it.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I predict, if left unchecked, that this eventually leads to a "board split" where a secondary board is created by someone else and 33% of the people leave both boards, some post on both, but most people go to one or the other. This happens in a lot of online communities when the experience gets too annoying. The reason it hasn't happened here is that the sheer numbers of people on the board are not enough to make it easy as it is in a community of thousands.

Then Panther has already won.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Why can't people just fucking ignore him? Seriously.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:31 pm 

Meh...to me, there are much more important things to worry about than banning someone we find annoying. Concentrate on the good, ignore the bad/annoying.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I've not let him get under my skin this time round, and have tried to ignore him as much as I could. I couldn't care less what the fuck he does.

That said, if him being around causes people to leave the board (Darkside) or causes other people to not attend board events (Dr. Ken), then ban the motherfucker once and for all.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Nay

I respectfully disagree. Que Beavis/Panthro may have some odd quirks to him, but I think he has some rather entertaining threads. I laugh at how seriously bent out of shape some of you guys get about him. I don't really know what went down with all the Panthro/Darko stuff....really kind of unfortunate because I consider both of them friends. I've had no problem at all with him... quite the contrary actually. He invited me to his 4th of July party, called my old show a few times and bought me a drink when we were at a Score remote one time....we even jammed once. I guess I'm alone, but I really do think he has a place here. He hasn't hurt anybody as far as I know. Just seems like some of you are letting him get under your skin.

Let's not turn this into some kind of dictatorship (although it's bigfans's board and he can do what he wants of course). I get the impression that judge bf doesn't really have that much of a problem with him.

This. If you hate him foe him or ignore him. Some of you guys take this place waaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:34 pm 

I can guarantee one thing. He is liking this attention....trust me. Who doesn't like to be talked about? Kind of like being a minor celebrity (sad, but true)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:36 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Meh...to me, there are much more important things to worry about than banning someone we find annoying. Concentrate on the good, ignore the bad/annoying.
I'll be honest. As long as the "View Active Topics" function still displays his posts and he posts 4 or 5 times in a row it's impossible to ignore him. It's unrealistic to expect a large group of people to all work together to all ignore him.

It's much easier to find a new board or ignore this board. I think most of us would rather not do that.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:38 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
I can guarantee one thing. He is liking this attention....trust me. Who doesn't like to be talked about? Kind of like being a minor celebrity (sad, but true)

The fact that I am sure you are right is a pretty pathetic indictment of the guy. But you can't reason with the mentally unstable. Bucky Chris is right.

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
He hasn't hurt anybody as far as I know.

He hasn't inflicted physical pain on DW, but he freaked her out enough to the point that she was scared at home, and that her husband doesn't visit the board anymore. And if you ask panther, none of that was his fault. You can think whatever you want about DW's reaction to that, but she told me direct to my face how she felt.

And I'm not just saying that because they are my friends and I'm in a band with the guy. I think his sort of actions there was total and utter bullshit and I would say the same thing about any poster here if they had that kind of shit happen to them. He was wrong, he won't admit it, and its a shame.

I won't stop coming here regardless, but the fact that he has affected the board so much in a negative way is awful, and there is nothing else I can say about him other than that he is a total asshole when he posts here.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:41 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
I'll be honest. As long as the "View Active Topics" function still displays his posts and he posts 4 or 5 times in a row it's impossible to ignore him. It's unrealistic to expect a large group of people to all work together to all ignore him.

It's much easier to find a new board or ignore this board. I think most of us would rather not do that.

Agree mostly with that but if a handful of the "important" posters do it, he'll die a slow death.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Eaglo Jeff wrote:

Exactly! He is playing you guys like a fiddle. This is exactly the reaction he is looking for. You can't ban this guy. This whole play is a thing of genius. Yes, it's a little twisted, and I sure as hell wouldn't waste the time doing it, but Panther has reached Andy Kaufman-like notoriety with this whole work. He'd probably make a helluva wrestling booker!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:42 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

There are other boards? :shock: Impossible! I think I did hear about some board where they talk about bikes at some point. :wink:

This place is more than a message board to me. It's evolved into ways of acquiring information, making friends, arguing stupid points, staying not bored, staying sane, becoming insane, looking at hot sports chicks. It really does feel like some sort of dysfunctional cyber family......Group Hug, Group Hug. :cry: :oops:

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Maybe just give the dude some room to breathe,spread his creative wings if you will. Stop attacking him.
Remember the words of Bess Truman:Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:44 pm 

A7X wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

Exactly! He is playing you guys like a fiddle. This is exactly the reaction he is looking for. You can't ban this guy. This whole play is a thing of genius. Yes, it's a little twisted, and I sure as hell wouldn't waste the time doing it, but Panther has reached Andy Kaufman-like notoriety with this whole work. He'd probably make a helluva wrestling booker!

100% right on target!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:47 pm 

The other obvious thing people need to do is avoid making posts like the DBOT for posting a dick pic. Like obviously it was fucking stupid. Everyone knows it was. But creating a NEW thread dedicated to it makes it worse and only fuels the fire.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:49 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I've not let him get under my skin this time round, and have tried to ignore him as much as I could. I couldn't care less what the fuck he does.

That said, if him being around causes people to leave the board (Darkside) or causes other people to not attend board events (Dr. Ken), then ban the motherfucker once and for all.

No talking about family members, Frank.

That's strike 1 - I'm telling on you. :roll:

Seriously, though, anyone who truly thinks I "planned" this big uproar is giving me waaaaay too much credit.

I posted the pic as a joke, thinking that if fuckyeahnouns thought it was ok, as it was not a pic of a human being, it would be just another funny fuckyeahnouns pic.

If you want to make it more than that, I can't stop you, but I sure didn't ask for this hub-bub.

What the fuck are you talking about? Its a picture of two guys cocks.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:51 pm 

Oh no....no....here we go again. :( :cry:

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:56 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Oh no....no....here we go again. :( :cry:
You are aware that Panther posted a very obscene picture today right that was really bad for people reading at work but was really bad for people not at work too right? Panther is now "denying" it.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Like lemmings walking off the edge of a cliff. :lol: You guys are nothing, if not, damn entertaining. :lol:

Oh, and Panther, just my insignificant opinion, but posting dick pics to set up people who are at work, is a total, classless dick move. It is your perogative though.

Last edited by A7X on Tue May 10, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next