It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Mac get into chat room

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:
SID, I knew when I was exactly IN 5th grade that I would someday write for the Chicago Tribune. It took me until I was 48, after a year and a half at the Sun-Times and many years at the NWI Times, to get there. When you were in 5th grade, you were still nursing.

You're writing hasn't changed. Pathetic. You should call your column
"deep thoughts from a shallow mind"

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:07 pm 

A7X, I hear you on "the tard card." It's not for everybody. We all handle our good times and bad times differently. I'm usually in the company of others with similar family issues when I hear that. Most laugh because we're with those who share our struggles and laughter -- twisted as that is -- is the best medicine. Nobody I know more than Jill has done more to improve the quality of life for our son or autistic kids in Northwest Indiana and she giggles at it too. Jill opened Behavior and Learning Solutions in Merrillville last year, a couple years after she got her behavioral therapy accreditation from Michigan State. She's a difference maker. Recognized as "Indiana Autism Advocate of the Year" a couple years back. We've collaborated on many fundraisers in NWI and the golf outings -- thank you those of you who participate, EPD in particular -- at ESPN, the fish fest stuff from years ago, have raised probably more than $250,000. In February, I wrote a check for $2300 to Brian Campbell's autism efforts at the Hawks poker tourney at Horseshoe. I told him I'd pay $100 for every plus point he was at the time. He was a shocking +23. What's my point on all this? That's not the type of things people do for those they "slur." Bad taste? Guilty. I'll accept the mulligan you're offering.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Mac there is no such thing as pointless Steve bashing. An example of his stellar point of view was in the Mariotti thread.

Steve opined that he wondered how players he mocked felt about Jay getting arrested again. He then stated he had no respect for Mariotti as a writer.

Flashforward to Friday and after hearing you say you thought Jay was a great writer, Steve miraculously changed him opinion to mesh with yours.

He's an ass kisser on par with Maddux Boy.
Keep him.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:
A7X, I hear you on "the tard card." It's not for everybody. We all handle our good times and bad times differently. I'm usually in the company of others with similar family issues when I hear that. Most laugh because we're with those who share our struggles and laughter -- twisted as that is -- is the best medicine. Nobody I know more than Jill has done more to improve the quality of life for our son or autistic kids in Northwest Indiana and she giggles at it too. Jill opened Behavior and Learning Solutions in Merrillville last year, a couple years after she got her behavioral therapy accreditation from Michigan State. She's a difference maker. Recognized as "Indiana Autism Advocate of the Year" a couple years back. We've collaborated on many fundraisers in NWI and the golf outings -- thank you those of you who participate, EPD in particular -- at ESPN, the fish fest stuff from years ago, have raised probably more than $250,000. In February, I wrote a check for $2300 to Brian Campbell's autism efforts at the Hawks poker tourney at Horseshoe. I told him I'd pay $100 for every plus point he was at the time. He was a shocking +23. What's my point on all this? That's not the type of things people do for those they "slur." Bad taste? Guilty. I'll accept the mulligan you're offering.

Seems like Jill is the hero, not you with your "look at me, I wrote check" Douchebag.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:19 pm 

don't u think steve is capable of having his OWN opinion that mariotti was a good writer? is that much of a reach?

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:
don't u think steve is capable of having his OWN opinion that mariotti was a good writer? is that much of a reach?

Yes, it is.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:21 pm 

she is the hero SID. now go grease up your hamster for your playtime.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:22 pm 

Mac wrote:

The point is that Steve posted that he didn't respect him as a writer. He changed his tune once he got on the air.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
ESteve's calls are bland and obvious. I can appreciate that he is a regular listener and caller, but he rarely has a solid point like Grid or Jason from Chatham does.

Sox need to get to .500 by Memorial Day, and need to cut Juan Pierre.

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Mac wrote:

The point is that Steve posted that he didn't respect him as a writer. He changed his tune once he got on the air.

He changed his tune when people here started giving Mariotti for being a good writer and a guy who helped sell papers.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Sun May 15, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:
she is the hero SID. now go grease up your hamster for your playtime.

Yes she is, and you continue to be a pathetic loser.

BTW, get your hand off your dick, Steve will be back to finish you off with a happy ending.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
The Racist painter's thoughts are either regurgitated common knowledge or garbage and everyone knows that.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
A7X wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Mac wrote:
"Bridesmaids" wasn't that good. It's getting good reviews. I thought it was "The Hangover" for ladies. Kristen Wiig is one of the funniest women in America and she can't even help write a script that gives her a shot at what would be the first splash in her movie career. There's a fat chick in it who's real funny, though. Kind of the female Jurko.

What ruins Kristen Wiig for me is that stupid Gilly sketch on SNL.

Don't let that one piece of shit sketch ruin you on her. I think she's really talented.

As an actress, yes. The problem is when they let her write things, she isn't good. She is a co-writer on this Bridesmaids movie (I had to look that up). Case in point made. She also writes a lot of her stuff on SNL, and a lot of it is bad (just like the show). I liked her in MacGruber (she didn't write it). I've enjoyed her work when she shows up in other movies (by all accounts, she didn't write those too).

Just sayin.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:48 pm 

Mac wrote:
Waiting to hear back from the White Sox on dates we've requested. Speaking of the WHite Sox.... the season is back on!

Damn right it is and as soon as you stop pissing on my Jake Peavy parade I might start listening again.

Just kidding I always listen but the Jake Peavy bashing REALLY pisses me off.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Mac wrote:
I'll leave it out of the Bulls-Heat thread and do it here. Whenever the mood strikes. I'll have to go through some of the stuff I've seen written in several sections to refresh my memory. One thing I recall vividly is how sub=par the coverage was here on Harry's return and the day the Score did show flips. I was counting on some good analysis of Harry's first day since I was on in afternoons and didn't get to hear it. Instead I got a rehashing of opinions of Harry...another bash Elmhurst Steve pillow fight... and a ridiculously silly debate on race and the race card.

Care to expand on why you think the race talk from a few days ago was ridiculously silly?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Mac wrote:

Um, NO......I wrote that I wondered how guys like Rick Aguillera ( who he referred to as Christina Aguillera) and LaTroy Hawkins who he referred to as LaToya Hawkins, might feel about Mariottis troubles and that I found it difficult to feel sorry for the guy, as I never liked him. I said the same in my call. I can't stand the guy and have no sympathy for the guy. But that has nothing to do with his writing. I read him daily when he was a SunTimes writer. More often than not, his collumn elicited emotion (though that being anger most often) which is the sign of a good writer. Show me where I said I thought he was a bad writer and I'll not post here again. But lets not go making up bullshit and attributing thoughts/opinions to people for which there is no foundation. Try again....

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
sjboyd0137 wrote:
As an actress, yes. The problem is when they let her write things, she isn't good. She is a co-writer on this Bridesmaids movie (I had to look that up). Case in point made. She also writes a lot of her stuff on SNL, and a lot of it is bad (just like the show). I liked her in MacGruber (she didn't write it). I've enjoyed her work when she shows up in other movies (by all accounts, she didn't write those too).

Just sayin.

After reading that, I think we're on the same page. I was speaking solely on her ability as a comedic actress. I don't care for her writing on SNL at all, and I assume the Gilly thing was her brain child, and it's horrific. I thought she was really funny in Walk Hard, and I'm assuming she didn't write that.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:11 pm 

It is honestly not that difficult to paint one's own house. As long as you can cut in there is not reason one can not paint their own home.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
It is honestly not that difficult to paint one's own house. As long as you can cut in there is not reason one can not paint their own home.

Really, how long can it take to paint a trailer anyway?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
A7X wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Just sayin.

After reading that, I think we're on the same page. I was speaking solely on her ability as a comedic actress. I don't care for her writing on SNL at all, and I assume the Gilly thing was her brain child, and it's horrific. I thought she was really funny in Walk Hard, and I'm assuming she didn't write that.

Cool. I guess anything she does should come with a disclaimer of some sort if she had anything to do with the writing of said product.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:34 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

Really, how long can it take to paint a trailer anyway?

:lol: :lol: Even though I am sure he has a huge house that is still funny.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:50 pm 

So does this mean the board isn't dying a slow, painful death anymore?

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:51 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
So does this mean the board isn't dying a slow, painful death anymore?

It was saved by the insightful posting of one Steve from Elmhurst.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:18 pm 

Mac wrote:
I'll leave it out of the Bulls-Heat thread and do it here(I'm surprised you even know we have a Bulls/Heat thread). Whenever the mood strikes. I'll have to go through some of the stuff I've seen written in several sections to refresh my memory. One thing I recall vividly is how sub=par the coverage was here on Harry's return and the day the Score did show flips(Nothing special about Harry's return. He sucked before rehab and he still sucks after rehab. Not exactly post board material. The only thing that stuck out in the show flips is how bad the transition was from your show to Lohblow and Goff. Everyone was talking over each other at the same time. Switched the channel only to hear Harry sounding like he needed a drink.) . I was counting on some good analysis of Harry's first day since I was on in afternoons and didn't get to hear it. Instead I got a rehashing of opinions of Harry...another bash Elmhurst Steve pillow fight... and a ridiculously silly debate on race and the race card.(I don't think you would be inviting Elmurst Steve to your house if he was posting jokes about kids with disabilities. You're free to hire who you want, just as we are free to say he is a racist bastard. I didn't know we where here to entertain you. If you don't like what we post then push the fuking mouse button and go back to facebook. )

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:20 pm 

Juiced wrote:
If you don't like what we post then push the fuking mouse button and go back to facebook.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:27 pm 

Mac wrote:
SID, I knew when I was exactly IN 5th grade that I would someday write for the Chicago Tribune. It took me until I was 48, after a year and a half at the Sun-Times and many years at the NWI Times, to get there. When you were in 5th grade, you were still nursing.

That doesn't mean you should write your columns like a 5th grader.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:30 pm 

I think Juiced is on the juice. Cause he knocked that outta the park.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:32 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
I think Juiced is on the juice. Cause he knocked that outta the park.

Thanks, but it's not hard to knock it out of the park with this type of stupidity. It's like having Thorton pitch to you with the lead in the ninth inning

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Juiced wrote:
Mac wrote:
I'll leave it out of the Bulls-Heat thread and do it here(I'm surprised you even know we have a Bulls/Heat thread). Whenever the mood strikes. I'll have to go through some of the stuff I've seen written in several sections to refresh my memory. One thing I recall vividly is how sub=par the coverage was here on Harry's return and the day the Score did show flips(Nothing special about Harry's return. He sucked before rehab and he still sucks after rehab. Not exactly post board material. The only thing that stuck out in the show flips is how bad the transition was from your show to Lohblow and Goff. Everyone was talking over each other at the same time. Switched the channel only to hear Harry sounding like he needed a drink.) . I was counting on some good analysis of Harry's first day since I was on in afternoons and didn't get to hear it. Instead I got a rehashing of opinions of Harry...another bash Elmhurst Steve pillow fight... and a ridiculously silly debate on race and the race card.(I don't think you would be inviting Elmurst Steve to your house if he was posting jokes about kids with disabilities. You're free to hire who you want, just as we are free to say he is a racist bastard. I didn't know we where here to entertain you. If you don't like what we post then push the fuking mouse button and go back to facebook. )

I will +2/3rds this. Why didn't you record the show if you were so interested in it? Or listen to it on a podcast (I don't even know if they have them on that station... I don't often listen to podcasts.) It seems to me that this board cares less about the individual radio shows than on Chicago sports in general, and even more than that the board would prefer to discuss general bullshit. General bullshit appears to be the most popular thing around here. The fact that you are counting on this board to provide you anything is really pretty shortsighted, especially coming from someone who has been around the board for as long as you. The only dependable things on this site are that somewhere from Monday to Wednesday, SHARK will write up what happened in the NASCAR race, some spammer with a name like jsaiey8fw will post non-sensical bullshit with a link at which we can purchase new discount shoes, the "don't post about him"/"he is an asshole" posts will continue to dominate, and some Friday thread will be put up with a subject like "The Only Things You Can Depend On From CSFMB." Juiced is a little hate-heavy there, but I think the principles are sound. I've never met you and you are probably a good guy, but there's a lot of good guys here.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:44 pm 

"Juiced is a little hate-heavy there"

Sorry, but I'm still pumped up from this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqOPWOuXxOU

:alien: :alien: :shock: :drunken: :bom: :alien: :alien:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next